Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    The Chiefs need a taste of their own medicine and by that we need to overwhelm them with Fant.

The Chiefs are going to have to play a good game to beat us. They very well may do that, but I think the Broncos are ready as well. Our team looks rejuvenated and is having fun despite the reality of the playoffs and that is a great sign.

Fans go home cold this week Den 26-24
    Last week the Chiefs were very very fortunate to have walked out of Gillette with a W. I think they'll find a much better team this time around

We were massive underdogs to the Texans (9 pts) and more @KC (10.5 pts) so of course we'll win!

Seriously, win or lose, I just want the team to play better than they did in the last meeting! I hope that the coaching staff learned some lessons from that and has some better solutions this time. I never expect much at Arrowhead in November or December (even our '97 SB team lost that one) but I do expect a better performance and for Lock to evade their pressure better than Flacco could.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

As most, Iím not really expecting a win. Just want to see a competitive game. I think the offense is much better after the switch to Lock, so I think theyíll play a better game this time around. I think they have a legit shot at winning, but Iíll be happy with a good game win or lose.

I think Denver will actually win this one. I think Drew will have another 300 Yard day with 3 TD's. I think this is will be the Start of the Patrick Mahomes vs Drew Lock Series with Drew winning this one ! Great Times with Drew in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Last week the Chiefs were very very fortunate to have walked out of Gillette with a W. I think they'll find a much better team this time around
    Scary how much the refs helped them...
    [

Elway was 1-6 at Arrowhead in December, Broncos are 3-14 at Arrowhead in December since 1972. December 9, 1990 is famous for the ref telling fans to quite down or a penalty could be assessed, didn't work but no penalty was called.
    The forecast for Sunday in KC is for snow, maybe heavy snow, earlier today I saw that the futurecast seems to be having it come in late in the day so maybe not during the game? IIRC, it was back in 1986 December that the Broncos were blown out 37-10 by KC in a very icy game bad enough that many fans did not make it to the game, Elway had a miserable day.

After all that negative, I think the Broncos come out with a win! KC coming off a big win at NE, like Houston was - maybe a little hangover? Mahomes injured his hand in the last game, says it is OK but maybe not 100%? And its Drewcember. Oh yeah, they have the division championship, maybe some complacency?
    Broncos 27- 24 on a last second FG.

Last edited by brianmcfarlane; 12-13-2019 at 12:53 PM.

I don't think we win this one, but I hope so! But KC in December has always been a nightmare for us and even with some momentum, we still have injuries to key guys on defense and I don't think we will be able to stop their offense very well. I'm honestly expecting something like 38-21. I wouldn't be all that disappointed with that, though, as long as our offense looked passable in quite possibly the most difficult stadium/time of the year combo in the nfl.

If there's a game for Lock to get rattled, it would be this one. And even if he does I don't think it means much. A lot of QB's do there. But if he doesn't? Well then we've really got something here.

All that matters is Lock keeps progressing, and this is another good experience for him, to play KC in Arrowhead in December when they are going for playoff seeding.

Just seen the Giants cut CB Jenkins. Anybody think itíd be a good idea to bring him in? No dead money if he doesnít work out either.

Thoughts?

I would love to see a Broncos win! I live in Omaha, Nebraska and there are a lot of Chefs fans here. We even have a local radio station that supports them and broadcasts their games. I heard a commercial for the upcoming game and they said the donkeys will be coming into Arrowhead to be dominated again. I would love to see them eat crow!

Quote Originally Posted by justabroncosfan View Post
    Any plays you can post or describe in particular? I watched the game casually while doing errands.
    https://youtu.be/9k-SRqtCgAs

JT OíSullivan highlights a few of those plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Bates View Post
    For the good of the league I don't want us to win. We have nothing to gain but some meh bragging rights for splitting with KC this season.

However, a win puts them at 10-4. Let us assume the Pats* go to 11-3 this week.

Next week however, with a KC win over chicago and NE* loss over the Bills, KC leaps over NE* for the 2nd seed.

Also, as long as Buffalo wins out they will be tied with NE* record wise, and up until the final week of games, they will have the same divisional record, and same conference record. So they could see possibly 5th seed, and no bye in God knows how long.

I would rather KC win so that makes it 2 teams that right on the tails of NE* to knock them out of the 2nd seed.

A Denver win on Sunday isn't the end of the world, as Buffalo could still get the job done by winning the last 3 games, but with NE* at home against Miami in the final week, I am not even sure what the tie breaker would come down to wit the same divisional and conference records (there are a million rules for these tie breakers), but I'll assume NE* would have the Bills beat.

Also fun fact, if we had won the Chicago, Jax, and Vikings game, it looks like we would be the 6th seed in the AFC. Kind of makes you sad doesn't it?
    I would rather the Pats win another 5 Super Bowls than have KC, LV or LA even make it to one. I want the win, and I want KC to suffer because of it. Not that it matters, Reid will never beat Belichick (or any well prepared coach) in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bates View Post
    For the good of the league I don't want us to win. We have nothing to gain but some meh bragging rights for splitting with KC this season.

However, a win puts them at 10-4. Let us assume the Pats* go to 11-3 this week.

Next week however, with a KC win over chicago and NE* loss over the Bills, KC leaps over NE* for the 2nd seed.

Also, as long as Buffalo wins out they will be tied with NE* record wise, and up until the final week of games, they will have the same divisional record, and same conference record. So they could see possibly 5th seed, and no bye in God knows how long.

I would rather KC win so that makes it 2 teams that right on the tails of NE* to knock them out of the 2nd seed.

A Denver win on Sunday isn't the end of the world, as Buffalo could still get the job done by winning the last 3 games, but with NE* at home against Miami in the final week, I am not even sure what the tie breaker would come down to wit the same divisional and conference records (there are a million rules for these tie breakers), but I'll assume NE* would have the Bills beat.

Also fun fact, if we had won the Chicago, Jax, and Vikings game, it looks like we would be the 6th seed in the AFC. Kind of makes you sad doesn't it?
    For the good of the league? Really? Please tell me you're kidding. Tell the team in the locker room before the game, "Hey, guys 'for the good of the league' we need to lose this one."

Apparently you have no concept of what it's like to coach or play on a football team. All that crap you listed as a rationale to support your bizarre theory doesn't mean squat to players or coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    https://youtu.be/9k-SRqtCgAs

JT OíSullivan highlights a few of those plays.
    Yeah, I'm not really digging where he draws the line between luck and great passes, but how Lock plays going forward will determine that. JT was a very physically limited NFL QB, maybe he is looking at things from those lenses a bit too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Yeah, I'm not really digging where he draws the line between luck and great passes, but how Lock plays going forward will determine that. JT was a very physically limited NFL QB, maybe he is looking at things from those lenses a bit too much.
    I understood what he was trying to point out. At the same time how many completions every Sunday across the league could be in the same category? Quarterbacks throw into tight windows and DBs try to make plays on the ball. I think the Chiefs will run stunts and bring extra rushers to see if they can make Lock uncomfortable. Scangarello needs to scheme to take advantage of those situations - run some draws and RPOs. Lock isnít as fast or shifty as Lamar Jackson but heís mobile enough to make a defense pay for being too aggressive.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 12-13-2019 at 08:10 PM.