Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I like this draft a lot. Lamb has legitimate Top 5 NFL WR potential and would be awesome in our offense. For those that prefer some speed to stretch defenses for days, Ruggs II would be a slam-dunk pick too, but I like the polish and production that Lamb has shown at OU with three different QBs. Dantzler looks like a guy that could hold down a starting spot at corner for a decade for us. Stenberg is not my favorite IOL in this draft, and I see his "mean streak" as downright unnecessary sometimes. I feel like his toughness is compensating for his lack of athleticism or talent in general. I like Cushenberry III or Bredeson in the mid-rounds. I also don't think Weaver makes it to the 3rd round, heck he might just sneak into the 1st round if there is a run of edge rushers (especially in this weaker class).
    2014 Adopt-A-Bronco: #43 T.J. WARD & #38 QUINTON CARTER
    2013 Adopt-A-Bronco: #25 CHRIS HARRIS

i may also be in a different mind set with some things. i wanna build an O-line that will allow us to always to run the ball. so we can focus on a ball control offense and run the ball very effectively. i feel the best way to beat a guy like mahomes is to keep him off the field. not try to keep up with him in a shoot out.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i may also be in a different mind set with some things. i wanna build an O-line that will allow us to always to run the ball. so we can focus on a ball control offense and run the ball very effectively. i feel the best way to beat a guy like mahomes is to keep him off the field. not try to keep up with him in a shoot out.
    Thats a fair point which probably means my pick for LT Prince is probably not the best for us

Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    Thats a fair point which probably means my pick for LT Prince is probably not the best for us
    i feel like Prince with a mauler next to him like Risner could still be very effective in the run blocking department. my main worry with prince i think i have him only suceeding in this league as an lt. i don't think he has the strength to play inside effectively. i feel the same thing with LEatherwood. if Jedrick Willis Jr, blows up the combine as expected he may be worth looking into even if we double dip at OT cause he should be able to play any Spot really well on the o-line.

oakland raders gm

I would rather us sell the farm to move up and get Andrew Thomas

i feel like Prince with a mauler next to him like Risner could still be very effective in the run blocking department. my main worry with prince i think i have him only suceeding in this league as an lt. i don't think he has the strength to play inside effectively. i feel the same thing with LEatherwood. if Jedrick Willis Jr, blows up the combine as expected he may be worth looking into even if we double dip at OT cause he should be able to play any Spot really well on the o-line.
    Read all the reports on Prince. Strength isnt the issue. He has it droves. Its his timing in the run game that isnt up to par yet. Thats all experience and coaching which he has very little of. This is former BBall player who has moved around at the Auburns coaching staffs request and ended up at the most vital position on the Oline. He did this all while learning the nuances of football, let alone oline play and while playing the in the fricking SEC. The kid has the goods. Good lord does he. Take a look at his tape. Its all there, a Legit 6' 7" 315lbs with dancing bear feet. When he does get his hands on you, you arent getting to your chosen point of destination. And better yet he is a heady smart player who takes to coaching like a fish in water....ahem Im looking at you Bolles. I can not wait to see this kid at the Senior Bowl

KWHIT, Id be all for Thomas, but the cost is going to be way to prohibitive. I just dont see how we get there with us needing another legit starting capable Olineman and CB/DL/ILB/WR. It would gut our draft capitol needed for those positions.
    I need more Oline, please and thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    Read all the reports on Prince. Strength isnt the issue. He has it droves. Its his timing in the run game that isnt up to par yet. Thats all experience and coaching which he has very little of. This is former BBall player who has moved around at the Auburns coaching staffs request and ended up at the most vital position on the Oline. He did this all while learning the nuances of football, let alone oline play and while playing the in the fricking SEC. The kid has the goods. Good lord does he. Take a look at his tape. Its all there, a Legit 6' 7" 315lbs with dancing bear feet. When he does get his hands on you, you arent getting to your chosen point of destination. And better yet he is a heady smart player who takes to coaching like a fish in water....ahem Im looking at you Bolles. I can not wait to see this kid at the Senior Bowl

KWHIT, Id be all for Thomas, but the cost is going to be way to prohibitive. I just dont see how we get there with us needing another legit starting capable Olineman and CB/DL/ILB/WR. It would gut our draft capitol needed for those positions.
    he looks super raw. but we are paying munchek the big dollars. so i think munchek could work wonders with a guy like prince

oakland raders gm

He played some guard but it's his athleticism that and ability to change angles that make him effective which he cannot do on the inside. It is a fair point the o line around him is not all that talented so he might be a better run blocker then we think.

His biggest problem is getting low and sustaining blocks in the run game (which can be more about hand placement more then anything). He can recover if hes beaten off the line fairly well. Which is why he is such a good pass protector.

O line is harder to develop now then it used to be. He is one of the rawest talents I've seen with as potential as he has. All of Elways OT picks have been top heavy and lacking the needed footwork. Prince seems to have the legs and feet necessary to not have to panic in the passing game.

In reality I would rather have a player who needs help in the run game then one in passing game outside. These issues are easier to develop then someone who lacks the natural bend
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 12-17-2019 at 05:43 PM.

He played some guard but it's his athleticism that and ability to change angles that make him effective which he cannot do on the inside. It is a fair point the o line around him is not all that talented so he might be a better run blocker then we think.

His biggest problem is getting low and sustaining blocks in the run game (which can be more about hand placement more then anything). He can recover if hes beaten off the line fairly well. Which is why he is such a good pass protector.

O line is harder to develop now then it used to be. He is one of the rawest talents I've seen with as potential as he has. All of Elways OT picks have been top heavy and lacking the needed footwork. Prince seems to have the legs and feet necessary to not have to panic in the passing game.

In reality I would rather have a player who needs help in the run game then one in passing game outside. These issues are easier to develop then someone who lacks the natural bend
    i am kinda at the point where i just want to throw alot of picks at OT and hope one sticks. but i don't know if that will truely build us an elite team.

oakland raders gm

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    I trust Munchak to sort the O-Line out. They are playing better.
    I don't know where the info came from but during the last game, the announcers said the Oline was allowing pressures at the 5th highest rate...FWIW

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    I would rather us sell the farm to move up and get Andrew Thomas
    agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    The worst thing you can do in a draft is reach for need. Andrew Thomas and Tristan Wirfs will be long gone, there are some decent mid-late round one prospects like Leatherwood and JW Jnr, but I think Lamb is a far better prospect.

I personally don't like the mid round OT's and grade Stenberg higher, Throckmorton has played both tackle positions pretty well so he is an option there.

Bolles has played much better this season under Munchak and while I don't like him at LT I think he is a good RT option, we also have to see where James is health wise and there is free agency.

I think adding someone like Lamb who could form the best WR duo for years with Sutton will do far more for this offense then adding a 'best of the rest' OT
    That may not be the case. Right now, the Broncos are picking around 10. A few QBs will go early as well as Chase Young, most likely. It might a matter of 5 picks or so. It might worth it to trade up for him.

I agree that WR and CB are very high priorities too. I bet they sign a wr and CB in FA but the talent level is pretty low this year. I would like to see Robby Anderson come sign here.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 12-17-2019 at 09:50 PM.

And the strength is there. That was proven in the other positions he played.

It is the hand work/placement that has negated his ability in the run game. His initial strike shows less immediacy that is needed in the run game vs. The set/slide and adjust reactionary attitude needed in pass pro.

But yes his ceiling is...."ooooh boy" high. Like whoa high. Its this mixed with whod be coaching him that has me sounding a broken record on this board. Lets all get some eyes on him at the senior bowl. Im telling you guys, hes going to put on a show.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Round 1 - CeeDee Lamb, WR - Oklahoma

He reminds me of D Hopkins, a natural receiver with very good hands, tracks the ball well in the air, and is an exceptional route runner. Lamb is a big play receiver and a threat in the RZ, even while being the focal point for opposing D's he has still racked up over 1200 yards and 14 TD's so far this season.

If Lock keeps progressing and is our new franchise QB we needs to stack the offense and give him weapons. Adding Lamb with Sutton, Fant, and Lindsay is a good start. Although if we keep winning games we may play ourselves out of CDL range !! lol

I am officially on the CeeDee Lamb Train. I get it makes no sense because our OL is horrid, but several name recognizable OLmen will be hitting FA. Lock would benefit from a veteran line with the Lamb-Sutton-Fant three headed monster.

Round 2 - Cameron Dantzler, CB - Mississippi State

Dantzler has been a shutdown corner for the Bulldogs this season, often locked up in man coverage on the opposing teams top receiver all game. PFF has him ranked #2 among FBS corners in terms of opposing QB rating when thrown his way. He has that important trait of being able to track and locate the ball in the air and has the speed and size to match up with anyone.

Even if CJ is locked up we need to add at least 1 quality corner this off-season, I think grabbing a very good young one in round 2 would be a great pick.

Great selection at CB. I would let Chris Harris Jr. walk, but add another DB or two later on though.

Round 3 - Logan Stenberg, OG - Kentucky

One of my favorite players in the draft. Stenberg is big and strong and has that nasty streak I like in OL players. He finishes blocks and is not afraid to be vocal, he will add some attitude and leadership to the OL. Has enjoyed a very good season so far.

I would add another CB instead because we have Dawson and Yiadom starting. I really like CB->S Darnay Holmes, UCLA, CB Jeff Gladney, TCU and CB LeVonta Taylor, Florida State right around here. Selection: CB LeVonta Taylor, Florida State. Deion Sanders' approved.

Round 3 - Curtis Weaver, DE/OLB - Boise State

Is a pass rushing DE who is one of the leading sack artists in the country, is projected to be a 3-4 OLB in the NFL and move to the edge on pass rushing 3rd down situations. He would be more of a situational player for us at first but I would love to add a talented LB and pass rusher in this D, think of him as playing the Shaq Barrett role.

He has question marks over the talent faced, and his athleticism is not top notch so he might not test out great which is why he is predicted to be more of a day 2 pick, what he does have is a great attitude, character, and work ethic.

I would rather spend FA $$$ on DL. I would select OT Isaiah Wilson, Georgia instead.

Round 3 - Calvin Throckmorton, C/OL - Oregon

Very versatile. Is more of a center but has played well at LT, RT, and RG as well. Throckmorton is a strong and physical player who needs to brush up on his technique and hands, although neither are bad. I think this would be a fantastic player to add to the OL group and to see what Munchak can turn him into and where he thinks his best fit would be.

Another solid and realistic pick in Throckmorton. I will be watching for his bench press and arm length.

Round 4 - Naquan Jones, DT - Michigan State

A strong player in the middle of the DL who tackles well and plays the run. He flashes at being disruptive in the passing game but is raw. Would start as an early down rotational player.

I don't hate the pick but I would let FA $$$ set the DL. I would go back to CB and select CB Jeff Gladney, TCU. I would feel better going into the season with Cameron Dantzler, Jeff Gladney and LeVonta Taylor, all possible CB1s.

Round 4 - Eno Benjamin, RB - Arizona State

I'm not sold on Booker at all and feel we can do better in this 3rd down back role, enter Eno Benjamin. He is not a blazer but has great quickness, is very shifty, and has good hands coming out of the backfield. Benjamin also plays with attitude and power. He was frequently used as a pass catcher in Arizona and could line up with Lindsay in certain plays to give Lock and the offense plenty of creativity and options.

I like the pick because Booker needs to go, but I think Khalfani Muhammad can fill in at RB 3 and KR. The kid showed promise and deep speed during the preseason. Instead I would draft G Jon Runyan, Michigan as a C/G. (Wilson, Risner, Throckmorton, Runyan, James)

Round 6 - Blake Gillikin, P - Penn State

Wadman needs to go. I'm not bothered if he see's the season out but he needs replacing at some point this off-season. I would bring someone like Gillikin into camp and see how he goes. He has a big leg and has made some excellent directional punts for Penn State.

Has there ever been a player who was both kicker and punter?
    Round 7 - Kirk Merritt, WR - Arkansas State

Big bodied receiver to take into camp. Wins plenty of 1-1 battles and has been impressive as a RZ target.

I hope he has Al Davis Raider speed because I want cheetahs on the field.

Any thoughts / questions appreciated !

Go Broncos !!!!
    Thoughts in bold. A for effort, but I think we have a fifth round pick too.

It looks like Lock has the talent and mentality to get the ball out on timing routes better then any QB we've had after PM. So maybe a WR in the 1st, would improve the teams W/L column more so then any other position. I would rather get a lock down CB and then a burner at WR later. Imo, we should draft a punter in the late rounds.