Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hampshire,england
    Posts
    12,750

    Bronx - My 2020 Denver Broncos Mock Draft

    Round 1 - CeeDee Lamb, WR - Oklahoma

    He reminds me of D Hopkins, a natural receiver with very good hands, tracks the ball well in the air, and is an exceptional route runner. Lamb is a big play receiver and a threat in the RZ, even while being the focal point for opposing D's he has still racked up over 1200 yards and 14 TD's so far this season.

    If Lock keeps progressing and is our new franchise QB we needs to stack the offense and give him weapons. Adding Lamb with Sutton, Fant, and Lindsay is a good start. Although if we keep winning games we may play ourselves out of CDL range !! lol


    Round 2 - Cameron Dantzler, CB - Mississippi State

    Dantzler has been a shutdown corner for the Bulldogs this season, often locked up in man coverage on the opposing teams top receiver all game. PFF has him ranked #2 among FBS corners in terms of opposing QB rating when thrown his way. He has that important trait of being able to track and locate the ball in the air and has the speed and size to match up with anyone.

    Even if CJ is locked up we need to add at least 1 quality corner this off-season, I think grabbing a very good young one in round 2 would be a great pick.


    Round 3 - Logan Stenberg, OG - Kentucky

    One of my favorite players in the draft. Stenberg is big and strong and has that nasty streak I like in OL players. He finishes blocks and is not afraid to be vocal, he will add some attitude and leadership to the OL. Has enjoyed a very good season so far.


    Round 3 - Curtis Weaver, DE/OLB - Boise State

    Is a pass rushing DE who is one of the leading sack artists in the country, is projected to be a 3-4 OLB in the NFL and move to the edge on pass rushing 3rd down situations. He would be more of a situational player for us at first but I would love to add a talented LB and pass rusher in this D, think of him as playing the Shaq Barrett role.

    He has question marks over the talent faced, and his athleticism is not top notch so he might not test out great which is why he is predicted to be more of a day 2 pick, what he does have is a great attitude, character, and work ethic.


    Round 3 - Calvin Throckmorton, C/OL - Oregon

    Very versatile. Is more of a center but has played well at LT, RT, and RG as well. Throckmorton is a strong and physical player who needs to brush up on his technique and hands, although neither are bad. I think this would be a fantastic player to add to the OL group and to see what Munchak can turn him into and where he thinks his best fit would be.


    Round 4 - Naquan Jones, DT - Michigan State

    A strong player in the middle of the DL who tackles well and plays the run. He flashes at being disruptive in the passing game but is raw. Would start as an early down rotational player.


    Round 4 - Eno Benjamin, RB - Arizona State

    I'm not sold on Booker at all and feel we can do better in this 3rd down back role, enter Eno Benjamin. He is not a blazer but has great quickness, is very shifty, and has good hands coming out of the backfield. Benjamin also plays with attitude and power. He was frequently used as a pass catcher in Arizona and could line up with Lindsay in certain plays to give Lock and the offense plenty of creativity and options.


    Round 6 - Blake Gillikin, P - Penn State

    Wadman needs to go. I'm not bothered if he see's the season out but he needs replacing at some point this off-season. I would bring someone like Gillikin into camp and see how he goes. He has a big leg and has made some excellent directional punts for Penn State.


    Round 7 - Kirk Merritt, WR - Arkansas State

    Big bodied receiver to take into camp. Wins plenty of 1-1 battles and has been impressive as a RZ target.


    Any thoughts / questions appreciated !

    Go Broncos !!!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,145
    I like it if we signed a LT in free agency 😁


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,026
    Pass no tackles drafted and we desperately need like 2 or 3 of them.

    Who cares if lock has great weapons if he has no time to get them the ball?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hampshire,england
    Posts
    12,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Pass no tackles drafted and we desperately need like 2 or 3 of them.

    Who cares if lock has great weapons if he has no time to get them the ball?
    The worst thing you can do in a draft is reach for need. Andrew Thomas and Tristan Wirfs will be long gone, there are some decent mid-late round one prospects like Leatherwood and JW Jnr, but I think Lamb is a far better prospect.

    I personally don't like the mid round OT's and grade Stenberg higher, Throckmorton has played both tackle positions pretty well so he is an option there.

    Bolles has played much better this season under Munchak and while I don't like him at LT I think he is a good RT option, we also have to see where James is health wise and there is free agency.

    I think adding someone like Lamb who could form the best WR duo for years with Sutton will do far more for this offense then adding a 'best of the rest' OT

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,026
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    The worst thing you can do in a draft is reach for need. Andrew Thomas and Tristan Wirfs will be long gone, there are some decent mid-late round one prospects like Leatherwood and JW Jnr, but I think Lamb is a far better prospect.

    I personally don't like the mid round OT's and grade Stenberg higher, Throckmorton has played both tackle positions pretty well so he is an option there.

    Bolles has played much better this season under Munchak and while I don't like him at LT I think he is a good RT option, we also have to see where James is health wise and there is free agency.

    I think adding someone like Lamb who could form the best WR duo for years with Sutton will do far more for this offense then adding a 'best of the rest' OT
    it may just be me but i would rather guy a guy like leatherwood or JW jnr. perferibly the first cause JW looks more like an RT his pass blocking still leaves stuff to be desired and grab a guy like KJ Hamler in the like the third.i feel like a guy Hamler would be the perfect combo with sutton. he is a bit smaller but he is fast and deep threat any time he is on the feild. he is also pretty agile and can break screens to long plays. i think he would be the perfect deep threat to pair with Sutton to bring out the best in both players.

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hampshire,england
    Posts
    12,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    it may just be me but i would rather guy a guy like leatherwood or JW jnr. perferibly the first cause JW looks more like an RT his pass blocking still leaves stuff to be desired and grab a guy like KJ Hamler in the like the third.i feel like a guy Hamler would be the perfect combo with sutton. he is a bit smaller but he is fast and deep threat any time he is on the feild. he is also pretty agile and can break screens to long plays. i think he would be the perfect deep threat to pair with Sutton to bring out the best in both players.
    Fair enough, you could go down that path.

    I'm just a BPA at position of need guy. I remember the outcry at picking Miller over Marcel Dareus because DT was our biggest need, yet that turned out OK. I also think the narrow OT focus was why we took Bolles, he certainly wasn't worth the 20th pick.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,026
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Fair enough, you could go down that path.

    I'm just a BPA at position of need guy. I remember the outcry at picking Miller over Marcel Dareus because DT was our biggest need, yet that turned out OK. I also think the narrow OT focus was why we took Bolles, he certainly wasn't worth the 20th pick.
    you can say that but that was Elway listening to coordinator when the coordinator was wrong. there was better tackles open when bolles was drafted Cam Robinson and Ryan Ramchek have both grown in to at least decent starting OTs.

    Either way i think Ruggs and Hamler are my favorite Picks for WR. i want more speed added to core. out with the 4.5 and in with the 4.3 and faster. both these guys are natural WR. the only big game i saw from OK was the big 12 championship and Lamb didn't stick out much to me. i got more interested with that James Lynch guy on the baylor D. he looks like he could be a big time player at DE for any 3-4 scheme.
    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 12-14-2019 at 12:18 PM.

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hampshire,england
    Posts
    12,750
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    you can say that but that was Elway listening to coordinator when the coordinator was wrong. there was better tackles open when bolles was drafted Cam Robinson and Ryan Ramchek have both grown in to at least decent starting OTs.
    I think it also depends on how Munchak/Fangio/Elway view the OT position. Bolles has shown marked improvement over the 2nd half of the season, they might think he has finally grown into a starting LT.

    Then there is James on the right side. I know he hasn't played and seems to be milking an injury but he is locked into at least next season and if it turns out to be some injury that is lingering but will be fine for next season then they might be content with Bolles and James as a starting duo.

    Personally I think our bigger issues are inside, I just couldn't pick Biadasz this high.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FORT COLLINS COLORADO
    Posts
    8,026
    i don't know james has hardly played and Wilkerson is a guard. we have no Depth at tackle. i would like to draft Jon Runyan in the 3rd/4th and bring him in to compete with Bolles and Wilkerson for the starting RG. right now i think we have to give MCgovern another year at Center and wait till 2020 to find one. but if i got my way now i would be really tempted to do to double dip at tackle if we could get LEAtherwood then PRince with our first 2 picks i feel it will go along way to building this o-line into in a dominate one

    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    you can say that but that was Elway listening to coordinator when the coordinator was wrong. there was better tackles open when bolles was drafted Cam Robinson and Ryan Ramchek have both grown in to at least decent starting OTs.

    Either way i think Ruggs and Hamler are my favorite Picks for WR. i want more speed added to core. out with the 4.5 and in with the 4.3 and faster. both these guys are natural WR. the only big game i saw from OK was the big 12 championship and Lamb didn't stick out much to me. i got more interested with that James Lynch guy on the baylor D. he looks like he could be a big time player at DE for any 3-4 scheme.
    Cam Robinson really isn't very good. He missed pretty much all of 2018, and heading into this year had exactly 2 games where PFF graded him 70 or higher. Compared to 13 games with a rating of 60 or below. For 2019 his PFF grade is currently 54.7 (Bolles grade is 68.3). Moreover Robinson has been available for just 28 of the 45 games his team has played.

    It's certainly fair to debate the Broncos drafting Bolles, but acting like they missed out by not selecting Robinson (a worse player) is ridiculous.

    Ramczyk on the other hand is absolutely a solid player, however it is fair to point out he plays a different position, and he also benefits from having a HOF QB who gets the ball out quickly and decisively. Remember Denver's line benefited greatly when Manning was here.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    31,052
    I trust Munchak to sort the O-Line out. They are playing better.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,293
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    I trust Munchak to sort the O-Line out. They are playing better.
    Are you saying we stay with the Oline we have?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,293
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Fair enough, you could go down that path.

    I'm just a BPA at position of need guy. I remember the outcry at picking Miller over Marcel Dareus because DT was our biggest need, yet that turned out OK. I also think the narrow OT focus was why we took Bolles, he certainly wasn't worth the 20th pick.
    Bronx...good effort! I am on the side of landing an OT in round one, because there are a handful that will go that early, and we should be within range to target a good one. I believe it will fortify our O. I do want a WR, but I see a number of them in rounds 2 and 3.

    Maybe I am not interpreting correctly, but usually I like BPA or position of need, or a combo, but you are saying BPA at Position of Need, correct? So, you like only going after positions where you can land the best in that position, or are you inclined to go with the consensus BPA at the position of need, even though you have other players in mind for that position? Or is this just me, not on board??

    Bottom line, I am more inclined to go position of need, when you have a real gap. But once you feel decent about your team, BPA is a wonderful way to go, because in theory, you gain on your competitors on most picks. When teams reach, and you don't, long term value add for you.

    Anyway....hopefully I did not confuse your comment.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hampshire,england
    Posts
    12,750
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Bronx...good effort! I am on the side of landing an OT in round one, because there are a handful that will go that early, and we should be within range to target a good one. I believe it will fortify our O. I do want a WR, but I see a number of them in rounds 2 and 3.

    Maybe I am not interpreting correctly, but usually I like BPA or position of need, or a combo, but you are saying BPA at Position of Need, correct? So, you like only going after positions where you can land the best in that position, or are you inclined to go with the consensus BPA at the position of need, even though you have other players in mind for that position? Or is this just me, not on board??

    Bottom line, I am more inclined to go position of need, when you have a real gap. But once you feel decent about your team, BPA is a wonderful way to go, because in theory, you gain on your competitors on most picks. When teams reach, and you don't, long term value add for you.

    Anyway....hopefully I did not confuse your comment.
    I see needs like WR, the OL, and CB being the biggest needs, and think Lamb is the best player that could be available out of these positions.

    In todays NFL if we believe we have a franchise QB in Lock then we need to supply him with weapons and we have a gaping hole opposite Sutton. Lamb / Sutton / Fant / Lindsay, etc..... would form the basis of a young and dangerous offense. KC only have an average OL but they are a great offense because they have a top QB and too many weapons for opposing D's to defend.

    I think our OL is doing a good job, and Munchak makes a big difference. I would still address the OL in the draft as I have done but think it would be far more beneficial to add a top WR to take pressure off Sutton and add a few mid round OL players.

    Whether its in FA or the draft we simply cannot go into next season with no real threat opposite Sutton, it would be seriously hampering our young QB.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,293
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I see needs like WR, the OL, and CB being the biggest needs, and think Lamb is the best player that could be available out of these positions.

    In todays NFL if we believe we have a franchise QB in Lock then we need to supply him with weapons and we have a gaping hole opposite Sutton. Lamb / Sutton / Fant / Lindsay, etc..... would form the basis of a young and dangerous offense. KC only have an average OL but they are a great offense because they have a top QB and too many weapons for opposing D's to defend.

    I think our OL is doing a good job, and Munchak makes a big difference. I would still address the OL in the draft as I have done but think it would be far more beneficial to add a top WR to take pressure off Sutton and add a few mid round OL players.

    Whether its in FA or the draft we simply cannot go into next season with no real threat opposite Sutton, it would be seriously hampering our young QB.
    I'm with you 100% on making it a tandem of dangerous receivers. Hopefully we can start the season with 3 or more of them!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •