View Poll Results: What Position Do We Draft With Our #1 Pick?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • QB

0 0%
  • RB

0 0%
  • WR

10 19.61%
  • TE

0 0%
  • OT

27 52.94%
  • OG

1 1.96%
  • C

3 5.88%
  • DT

1 1.96%
  • DE

0 0%
  • OLB

0 0%
  • ILB

1 1.96%
  • CB

8 15.69%
  • S

0 0%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    I am hoping up to 5 QBs go earlier than our pick. That and mixing in a surprise pick or two, the obvious highly rated non QBs go. Then there will be some good talent to pick from at our pick. Either making it valuable enough to trade back, or grab a very good player.

Just no WR early please. Corner, oline, interior D line. And even Interior LB if there is one good enough to pick there.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by Orangecrush21 View Post
    I'm hoping that we avoid WR in the first unless we can trade back and get picks and a guy like Laviska. The positions I would want to target at 15 would be
    CB
    OL
    DL
    Just curious, which CB would you take at #15? I love Okudah but there should be no chance we get him at less than a trade up to possibly 6 or 7.
    OL- Whirfs, Thomas, Beckton, Willis, I am on board with any of these, maybe the Houston kid but that is a stretch
    DL- Kinlaw, Brown-he is going before we pick, Epenesa is awesome but we may not draft a rush DE,

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    Just curious, which CB would you take at #15? I love Okudah but there should be no chance we get him at less than a trade up to possibly 6 or 7.
    OL- Whirfs, Thomas, Beckton, Willis, I am on board with any of these, maybe the Houston kid but that is a stretch
    DL- Kinlaw, Brown-he is going before we pick, Epenesa is awesome but we may not draft a rush DE,
    I'm not sure about CB. Honestly I haven't started looking at them yet and probably wont until after the combine. I just know I dont want us trading for Slay and I'm not sold on giving Jones 16 mil a year, which is what I think he will end up getting

There seems to be a real "energy" around us selecting one of those quality WRs in round one, but given that at least a few QBs will be gone before we pick, I love the fact that 1 of the 4 OLiners you mention will quite possibly be there at 15. Given what we know today, that's the pick I'd make.

But as has been pointed out a number of times, it will depend on FA. We will see more of the hand that The Broncos are playing then, given we might sign on Oliner or WR. My gut is that, if we select either position in FA, we draft in reverse in the early rounds, to also include a Dback…..that too pending FA.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    There seems to be a real "energy" around us selecting one of those quality WRs in round one, but given that at least a few QBs will be gone before we pick, I love the fact that 1 of the 4 OLiners you mention will quite possibly be there at 15. Given what we know today, that's the pick I'd make.

But as has been pointed out a number of times, it will depend on FA. We will see more of the hand that The Broncos are playing then, given we might sign on Oliner or WR. My gut is that, if we select either position in FA, we draft in reverse in the early rounds, to also include a Dback…..that too pending FA.
    Definitely FA's make a huge difference on a first round draft pick. I actually am curious after draft combine and senior day how much the Queen from LSU movies up the board. I change my mind often about who I would take. 1 of those 4 OL would be a solid pick. There are some very good WR's we could get in late rd 1 and still by our 2rd pick. DB's at 15 I think are an overdraft but that may change after pro days and the Combine too.

It should be a fun debate for quite some time.

Definitely FA's make a huge difference on a first round draft pick. I actually am curious after draft combine and senior day how much the Queen from LSU movies up the board. I change my mind often about who I would take. 1 of those 4 OL would be a solid pick. There are some very good WR's we could get in late rd 1 and still by our 2rd pick. DB's at 15 I think are an overdraft but that may change after pro days and the Combine too.

I'm calling for two DB's in the 3rd !!

If I could add.....lets just say we don't go for an OT in FA, or even a Guard. Then I look at things this way. Like you say, 1 of those 4 Oliners would be a solid pick in round one. So for me, unless QBs don't go early, and highly touted non QBs also don't go early, we basically have our pick in the bank. Because the thing I love about highly rated OTs is that they tend to turn out well, and for many years.

And with that safe pick in our pockets, we can go to The Draft looking for better opportunities, knowing we have a very safe and valued pick, no matter what happens. And because of that, we might get lucky, and someone too good not to take (other than a QB) falls in our laps. And yes, we can even maneuver a little, even move up or back if the capital exchange is worth it.

So it is not exactly a perfect situation, but the way it looks now, we may have multiple great choices!!

I'm a bit late but I just saw that the Broncos will not be picking up OG Leary's contract option:

INDIANAPOLIS — The Broncos will have a new right guard this season as veteran Ron Leary’s contract option will not be picked up, according to general manager John Elway.

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/02/2...ard-ron-leary/

That leaves room for a guy to be drafted as a potential OT but start as an OG as a rookie. I don't know what their plan is with McGovern, though. He could be resigned to play Center or even moved into Leary's spot if they draft a Center.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    I'm a bit late but I just saw that the Broncos will not be picking up OG Leary's contract option:

INDIANAPOLIS — The Broncos will have a new right guard this season as veteran Ron Leary’s contract option will not be picked up, according to general manager John Elway.

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/02/2...ard-ron-leary/

That leaves room for a guy to be drafted as a potential OT but start as an OG as a rookie. I don't know what their plan is with McGovern, though. He could be resigned to play Center or even moved into Leary's spot if they draft a Center.
    Or bolles or Wilkerson moving inside if an lt is drafted

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Or bolles or Wilkerson moving inside if an lt is drafted
    Could be a lot of options, I suppose. Not carrying Leary is the only definite change that I've heard of. Other than that one of the Fangio comments I read was that he said that the O-Line was 'OK' and then seemed to be saying that 'OK' wasn't really where they wanted to be. Then he mentioned a couple of guys already on the roster that got some playing time last season. We're heading into the deep part of lying season if we're not already there. So there really aren't any wrong guesses right now.

We have a lot of holes, which in a way is good because we can take the BPA and fill a need too. A lot depends on FA and how the dominoes fall in the draft. I picked DT because a disruptor in the middle makes the entire defense better, and after a run on QBs and the top OTs, DT may fall to us. If we stay at 15, I'd love to come out with the top rated player at a position of need. We should have a decent shot at that. If not, then I'm fine with trading back and then using our ammo to concentrate picks in the top 100.