View Poll Results: What Position Do We Draft With Our #1 Pick?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • QB

0 0%
  • RB

0 0%
  • WR

9 18.00%
  • TE

0 0%
  • OT

27 54.00%
  • OG

1 2.00%
  • C

3 6.00%
  • DT

1 2.00%
  • DE

0 0%
  • OLB

0 0%
  • ILB

1 2.00%
  • CB

8 16.00%
  • S

0 0%
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Round 1: Own pick (15th overall)
    Round 2: Own pick
    Round 3: Own pick
    Round 3: via Pittsburgh Steelers
    Round 3: via San Francisco 49ers
    Round 4: own pick
    Round 4: via San Franciso 49ers
    Round 6: via Washington Redskins
    Round 7: via New England Patriots

+ possible compensatory picks..

That’s a lot of picks, I don’t see a move back, unless we are sitting in a dead spot for needs and a decent BPA. I could see a small move up if needed to grab a player..
    Most teams getting their franchise QB have been missing a lot of draft picks to do it.

If Lock can continue his path as our franchise QB we could really be building something special here!
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Round 1: Own pick (15th overall)
    Round 2: Own pick
    Round 3: Own pick
    Round 3: via Pittsburgh Steelers
    Round 3: via San Francisco 49ers
    Round 4: own pick
    Round 4: via San Franciso 49ers
    Round 6: via Washington Redskins
    Round 7: via New England Patriots

+ possible compensatory picks..

Thatís a lot of picks, I donít see a move back, unless we are sitting in a dead spot for needs and a decent BPA. I could see a small move up if needed to grab a player..
    If youíre not in love with someone @15 or you think you can get the same guy a few spots back then I always would. I am a believer in gather as many pick as you can but not just for this year but for future drafts as well. You never know when youíll need extra picks to move up in one of the drafts.

I'm hoping we come out of the first 3 rounds with:

- 1 WR
    - 1 CB
    - 2 OL
    - 1 DL

Grab another DL and ILB in later rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Most teams getting their franchise QB have been missing a lot of draft picks to do it.

If Lock can continue his path as our franchise QB we could really be building something special here!
    So right.... we have a good load of picks, and hopefully our QB to build around.,

One more good draft and we are a winning team agin...( assuming Lock develops of course )
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Tristan Whirfs. If we have a chance to draft him at 15 he would be hard to pass up.

I really like ruggs the wr we need speed on the outside

CBS Sports just put out a Mock. Has us nabbing Jerry Judy @ 15. Faiders with QB Love @ 12 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    I'm hoping we come out of the first 3 rounds with:

- 1 WR
    - 1 CB
    - 2 OL
    - 1 DL

Grab another DL and ILB in later rounds.
    My thoughts also, in no particular order either. I want that 1st pick to just be the best talent available

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    CBS Sports just put out a Mock. Has us nabbing Jerry Judy @ 15. Faiders with QB Love @ 12 ?
    Hard to imagine the Raiders passing on Judy.

Also perplexed by them wanting to kick Carr to the curb. You can win with a QB like Carr.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    If youíre not in love with someone @15 or you think you can get the same guy a few spots back then I always would. I am a believer in gather as many pick as you can but not just for this year but for future drafts as well. You never know when youíll need extra picks to move up in one of the drafts.
    I totally agree. The Draft is a fluid process, and the smart GMs/groups keep an eye and ear open for potential trade ups/downs or whatever. I have seen so much evidence of teams doing their homework, and getting the player they wanted, but moving back for extra goods. The higher up the draft you do this, the bigger the reward. Even at 15, moving back just 3 or 4 spots would be a mid 3rd rounder, per the value chart. How nice is that, you add a mid 3rd and still get the player you wanted!!!

So keep it fluid. And yeah....if our favourite player on the board (given where we pick) is there a few spots up, maybe we consider giving up our lower 3rd round pick, or a 4th, pending the number of spots we move. You should not fall in love with one player, but there are times that it's ok to show some love, given that person may be a game changer.

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    Tristan Whirfs. If we have a chance to draft him at 15 he would be hard to pass up.
    I am hearing more of this possibility, and if he's there, I like the pick. I just have trouble passing up on a long term starter, protecting our QB, with this pick. It's relatively safe, and helps solidify our Oline. But CB/WR have to be addressed in FA and/or The Draft....though I can see in both.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    Hard to imagine the Raiders passing on Judy.

Also perplexed by them wanting to kick Carr to the curb. You can win with a QB like Carr.
    Love going that high is definitely possible

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Klis interview said today he thinks the direction we are looking is WR in the 1st(said "hypothetically" if we were looking at 2 guys one should be there) if not then in the 2nd. Said RB could be in play for day 2(2nd or 3rd round). Also said if we take an OL, look for them to kick inside initially.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Klis interview said today he thinks the direction we are looking is WR in the 1st(said "hypothetically" if we were looking at 2 guys one should be there) if not then in the 2nd. Said RB could be in play for day 2(2nd or 3rd round). Also said if we take an OL, look for them to kick inside initially.
    Taking a high rb would be a huge mistake we need to find a later round guy who can contribute as a power back

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Taking a high rb would be a huge mistake we need to find a later round guy who can contribute as a power back
    Not a mistake if they don't feel Freeman is going to be around. Lindsay isn't an everydown back so a dual headed approach is a must.

I'm not really fond of burning a 2nd or 3rd on a back but if the right guy is available then why not. I think we are in a position to take talent over need all across the board. I say do it if we can upgrade a position, no matter the position