View Poll Results: What Position Do We Draft With Our #1 Pick?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • QB

0 0%
  • RB

0 0%
  • WR

9 18.00%
  • TE

0 0%
  • OT

27 54.00%
  • OG

1 2.00%
  • C

3 6.00%
  • DT

1 2.00%
  • DE

0 0%
  • OLB

0 0%
  • ILB

1 2.00%
  • CB

8 16.00%
  • S

0 0%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I think our defense was more than enough to get us into the playoffs this year, as it probably was 3 years ago, as it probably was 4 years ago. I agree we need some talent on that side of the ball, but in terms of it being priority over offense in the draft, no. Our offense has been the achilles heel of this team for 5 seasons now, and it won't get any better with just a small tweak or 2, we need a serious infusion of talent, or we will again be in this position in a years time.
    This is where I see it a bit different. With Lock, and with any small improvement on his part, I feel like our entire O is better. They have confidence in him, he gets rid of the ball quickly, has hardly been sacked or picked off (1.0 and 0.6 per game respectively), and has shown early signs of a really good arm, and the ability to run if necessary. So right away we get a big boost in terms of overall O.

And in my opinion, if we draft an OT early, or even go FA route to improve the Oline, we will be in decent shape in that unit....leaving me with only one real need - WR, which can easily be taken care of in FA and/or The Draft. I can not say the same for D. There are a number of improvements required, We have declined, even though still pretty good. But I want large infusions of resources on that side of the line, including DT, CB, LBacking and Edge Rush (if not part of the LB upgrades). Of course it depends who all stays. But in my opinion, we need almost double the D as O, in offseason adjustments.

Even though we often have great ideas when it comes to The Draft, seldom do we nail what The Broncos end up doing. That by the way is probably true of most teams.

So in that regard, I hope we get some of the positional players (early) many of us are hoping for....you know, OT, CB, WR to name the typical ones I read, and what I am hoping for. But I am not going to flip out if The Broncos, after some activity in FA, do things a bit different. Like I say, after many years of observation, few of us nail it, when it comes to Broncos' drafts. I could be wrong, and sorry if you have been quite accurate, but there are so many variables in play, that it does not surprise me if things go down a different path....in general.

But please....after FA and The Draft, lets have some new faces on the Oline, in the Dbackfield, at WR, and interior D. OK...another edge rusher please.

I was checking out Henry Ruggs.
    Along with his catching ability and blinding speed he showed to be really good blocking on running plays and pretty impressive on special teams. I would be extremely happy to get him at 15.

I picked OG to be different but my pick is BPA at OL.

If the choice is to draft BPA at another spot or reach at OL I hope we either trade or take the other spot.

We need to invest heavily in OL or people may not like who is starting for us in 2020 imo
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I picked OG to be different but my pick is BPA at OL.

If the choice is to draft BPA at another spot or reach at OL I hope we either trade or take the other spot.

We need to invest heavily in OL or people may not like who is starting for us in 2020 imo
    I know this is going to be crazy to say but I donít believe you have to go OL heavy. Our OL with Lock played pretty well, not perfect, but was a lot better than the beginning of the year.

We are stuck with Bolles and James for one more year because of their contracts and Risner at LG isnt going anywhere. Essentially we need a Center and a RG (assuming we release Leary, even if not). McGovern didnít play bad and didnít commit to a single penalty from what I remember. We could re-sign him cheap. Prob could get a G in FA or use the draft for OL but sprinkled throughout. Not with the 1st unless a top talent OL drops.

I am usually never a fan of selecting a WR in the first but getting someone like Huggs would be ideal. The core 5( Drew, Huggs, Fant, Sutton, Lindsey) seems pretty dangerous to me.

FA needs to go OL, DL, CB so we can go WR, LB, OL in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    I know this is going to be crazy to say but I don’t believe you have to go OL heavy. Our OL with Lock played pretty well, not perfect, but was a lot better than the beginning of the year.

We are stuck with Bolles and James for one more year because of their contracts and Risner at LG isnt going anywhere. Essentially we need a Center and a RG (assuming we release Leary, even if not). McGovern didn’t play bad and didn’t commit to a single penalty from what I remember. We could re-sign him cheap. Prob could get a G in FA or use the draft for OL but sprinkled throughout. Not with the 1st unless a top talent OL drops.

I am usually never a fan of selecting a WR in the first but getting someone like Huggs would be ideal. The core 5( Drew, Huggs, Fant, Sutton, Lindsey) seems pretty dangerous to me.

I don't disagree too much, but if we can land someone like Robby Anderson in FA, I see no need to go round 1 with a WR. Sutton and Anderson make us respectable. A young star WR, maybe 2nd or even 3rd round, can be found. Lets just make sure we take care of Oline, and then feel good about the weapons we can amass. FA should tell us a lot about our draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    I know this is going to be crazy to say but I don’t believe you have to go OL heavy. Our OL with Lock played pretty well, not perfect, but was a lot better than the beginning of the year.

We are stuck with Bolles and James for one more year because of their contracts and Risner at LG isnt going anywhere. Essentially we need a Center and a RG (assuming we release Leary, even if not). McGovern didn’t play bad and didn’t commit to a single penalty from what I remember. We could re-sign him cheap. Prob could get a G in FA or use the draft for OL but sprinkled throughout. Not with the 1st unless a top talent OL drops.

If we want a OL that may get the job done when healthy than maybe you are correct.

I would like to see a dominant OL that has depth.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

If the top Tackles are gone, my vote is for DT Javon Kinlaw of South Carolina. When you think of when our defense was at its most dominant, it was when we had consistent pressure coming from the defensive line, something Kinlaw has done the last two seasons at SC.

Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

I think that Kinlaw is a decent prospect but something to keep in mind is that he was very inconsistent in his play.

Simmons then Ruggs

Ideally, I would love to get Simmons, or, a top OT. If either start to fall, then, I'd like to move up. If we stay at 15, I could see a CB or DL. If we move down, then a WR or an interior OL, like Biadasz could come into play.

It's tough to get a feel on what direction we go, until we get through free agency. Right now, considering the amount of free agent DL we have with expiring contracts, I'd lean towards DL. I've brought up Kinlaw in other threads, but I would love OT or CB.

Ultimately I donít care what position it is as long as heís a playmaker whoís committed to doing his job to the best of his ability. Well, thereís one caveat: I donít want them to draft a quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Ultimately I don’t care what position it is as long as he’s a playmaker who’s committed to doing his job to the best of his ability. Well, there’s one caveat: I don’t want them to draft a quarterback.
    I would say no QB, RB, TE, S (if they re-sign Simmons), OLB, or WR

Voted WR because looking at most draft boards right now it seems to be the position that will have the best quality talent balanced with the team needs. Looks like some really talented playmakers will be available at #15.

But in reality this is a complete crap shoot speculation until we have at least a little understanding of what the Broncos intend to do with their current free agents. (multiple D- Lineman/Harris/ Simmons) Or what expectations they have with players like Flacco, James, Callahan, .Leary., Bolles. Do any of them ever see the field or what can they do to minimize the financial impact. And which FAs are they targeting to add?

Depending on how they choose to handle those issues could dramatically change the draft. I would love for the Broncos to have the luxury to simply add BPA every pick but will they? For example, they let Harris walk and a CB suddenly looks a lot more desirable. Same with D-line or O-line.Not just #15 but the first five picks are going to be critical.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I would say no QB, RB, TE, S (if they re-sign Simmons), OLB, or WR
    I would agree with that, unless the safety is some kind of athletic freak who can cover TEís and play in the box, sort of a hybrid S/LB with 4.5 speed; of course that guy probably doesnít exist at the moment. Simmons is probably the closest thing.