View Poll Results: What Position Do We Draft With Our #1 Pick?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • QB

0 0%
  • RB

0 0%
  • WR

9 18.00%
  • TE

0 0%
  • OT

27 54.00%
  • OG

1 2.00%
  • C

3 6.00%
  • DT

1 2.00%
  • DE

0 0%
  • OLB

0 0%
  • ILB

1 2.00%
  • CB

8 16.00%
  • S

0 0%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    A completely meaningless opinion piece by a fan "reporter". I am pretty confident that offensive tackle will be high on the Broncos list of needs come the off-season.
    I'm sure it will too but Denver is so thin at CB I can see that article being a reality

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    A completely meaningless opinion piece by a fan "reporter". I am pretty confident that offensive tackle will be high on the Broncos list of needs come the off-season.
    IMO Munchak should have carte blanche on the OL. Let him build the OL with either a FA he wants, or in the draft. With the scraps he's had I've been impressed. If we are sold on Lock, protect your young investment. It's not a terribly strong interior OL class, but we should come away with at least two OL.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I'm sure it will too but Denver is so thin at CB I can see that article being a reality
    I think CB will be taken in the first 2 days of the draft. However, there is some potential at the CB position. Callahan and Bausby will be back, and guys like Dawson , Jones(if he comes back), and Yiadom will get more developmental time under Donatell and Fangio. If we resign CHJ, it's pretty decent, and if we add an early round pick it can be promising.

I really like Derrick Brown(probably because he reminds me of Trevor Pryce), but as of right now on our DL, we have expiring contracts on two of our highest performers this year. Harris and Wolfe have had really great seasons this year. Hell Purcell has been a surprise too. But other than that we have a bunch of situational/rotational pieces in D.Walker and D.Jones. If we are going to continue to utilize a 3-4, I think Derrick Brown could be a great 5 Tech, that could replace Wolfe or Harris.

That being said, aside from D.Brown and Okudah, those are the only two players I would be happy with being drafted at our spot instead of WR or ESPECIALLY OT. Bolles should not being playing OT next year. Move him to guard to replace Leary and be done with false starts.
    New England Patriots GM

If we went with OL/WR/CB/DT with BPA of those positions, I would be happy.
    I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
    I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
    I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
    "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
    God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
    Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Quote Originally Posted by Gbt31 View Post
    I really like Derrick Brown(probably because he reminds me of Trevor Pryce), but as of right now on our DL, we have expiring contracts on two of our highest performers this year. Harris and Wolfe have had really great seasons this year. Hell Purcell has been a surprise too. But other than that we have a bunch of situational/rotational pieces in D.Walker and D.Jones. If we are going to continue to utilize a 3-4, I think Derrick Brown could be a great 5 Tech, that could replace Wolfe or Harris.

That being said, aside from D.Brown and Okudah, those are the only two players I would be happy with being drafted at our spot instead of WR or ESPECIALLY OT. Bolles should not being playing OT next year. Move him to guard to replace Leary and be done with false starts.
    Walker and jones are still developing walker less so but he is a good rational pass rusher at worst and Jones is a rookie still growing. He is only at the floor his ceiling is pretty high.

I also really like Marvin Wilson out of FSU
    That guy looks like he will be a beast

We desperately need help on the OL - we have Risner, and not much else. But, we also need to find a WR (or two) and at some point we need an impact LB in the middle. We can't give up 100 catches to the Kelces of the world and expect to beat the Chiefs.

I don't know if any of the top OT's make it to#15, so I think CB or DT. Unless Simmons from Clemson falls then he could easily be a possibility given our need for ILB.

Ot, cb, dt- bpa

Ruggs 111 @ 15................then move up for best 0-lineman.............then back to back CB. DT better be addressed by in house signings and free agency !!

I'm not sure the FO thinks offense line is as big of an issue as fans do. If anyone hasn't listened to the season ending presser with Elway and Vic I would encourage you to do so. They don't give anything away but they sure give you the feeling that Bolles and James are back and starting. I absolutely think depth will be added but it's just that, depth. You don't draft an Olineman in the 1st for depth.

I'm not sure the FO thinks offense line is as big of an issue as fans do. If anyone hasn't listened to the season ending presser with Elway and Vic I would encourage you to do so. They don't give anything away but they sure give you the feeling that Bolles and James are back and starting. I absolutely think depth will be added but it's just that, depth. You don't draft an Olineman in the 1st for depth.
    Iíve been having a feeling since late in the season that they will rock with Bolles through the end of his contract (probably wonít use the 5th year option). So we may be in the market for a franchise LT in 2021, when (I hope) we can land Penei Sewell from Oregon. I think interior OL will be addressed, though. With potentially Leary and/or McGovern gone, I think we will add talent in either FA or in the draft to beef up the inside. I just donít see Patrick Morris or Austin Schlottmann being the future starters for us.

Anyone feel like we could use a better complement to Lindsay than Freeman? This RB draft class is very, very deep and we could get premiere talent in the 3rd or 4th round this year.

I think they might go after Jason Peters if the Eagles let him walk. Not a long term fix by any means but it doesnít hold our cap hostage and heís still very good while we can develop a later round OT behind him. Bolles can try his hand at RG in a competition against Wilkinson and will more than likely have to step in at LT since Peters hasnít been able to play a fully healthy season in awhile and if Bolles shows better than what weíve seen then maybe heís brought back

This thread calls for the first pick to be based on need. IMO the first pick should be the best player based on Denver's draft board to which they should adhere. I don't think reaching based on need is a good idea.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus