View Poll Results: What Position Do We Draft With Our #1 Pick?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • QB

0 0%
  • RB

0 0%
  • WR

9 18.00%
  • TE

0 0%
  • OT

27 54.00%
  • OG

1 2.00%
  • C

3 6.00%
  • DT

1 2.00%
  • DE

0 0%
  • OLB

0 0%
  • ILB

1 2.00%
  • CB

8 16.00%
  • S

0 0%
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Currently I keep hearing that the team has interest in Henry Ruggs III, Javon Kinlaw, and Tyler Biadiasz.

All 3 players seem to be great choices however I would elect to pass on Kinlaw. We have DreíMont and Walker to fill in for Wolfe and Shelby Harris who I believe both will depart in free agency.

Iím not saying Dreímont and Walker are great but Iím confident Elway and Fangio can find some gems at DT in the later rounds.

I do really like Henry Ruggs at 15 however I think weíd be better served to take a real Center at 15. Not sure if Biadiasz is the guy at this point but either way Iíd support the pick however Iíd rather take Ruggs and hope for Jake Hanson or Creed Humphrey in the second round.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-18-2020 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Currently I keep hearing that the team has interest in Henry Ruggs III, Javon Kinlaw, and Tyler Biadiasz.

All 3 players seem to be great choices however I would elect to pass on Kinlaw. We have DreíMont and Walker to fill in for Wolfe and Shelby Harris who I believe both will depart in free agency.

Iím not saying Dreímont and Walker are great but Iím confident Elway and Fangio can find some gems at DT in the later rounds.

I do really like Henry Ruggs at 15 however I think weíd be better served to take a real Center at 15. Not sure if Biadiasz is the guy at this point but either way Iíd support the pick however Iíd rather take Ruggs and hope for Jake Hanson or Creed Humphrey in the second round.
    Baidiasz looks like a better PC prospect or interior line prospect then any one in the last draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post

We donít have anyone like Kinlaw on the roster. Heís a 3 down DT on day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I would agree with that, unless the safety is some kind of athletic freak who can cover TEís and play in the box, sort of a hybrid S/LB with 4.5 speed; of course that guy probably doesnít exist at the moment. Simmons is probably the closest thing.
    I think Will Parks can do just that, at least he was phenomenal when matched up against Darren Waller who was supposed to follow in the line of big athletic freak WRs out of Georgia Tech. Iím not sure heís an answer for Kelce, I think the whole league is still trying to solve that puzzle but Parks effort and versatility always impress me. I think where he gets lost at is in zone coverage so the hybrid ďelephantĒ role if you will suits him. I know he played CB a good bit in college as well so that could explain his comfort level in man coverage. He isnít big though so size gives him trouble at times but if youíre looking for a Derwin James type of guy youíll be looking for a long time or youíll be giving up draft capital to get him.

Unfortunately I can see him moving on in FA to try and start somewhere else or even go back home to Philly. Trey Marshall has generally impressed when on the field as well and he was supposed to be Derwin James before Derwin James although I think heís more of a straight line type of guy.

Hereís one for you guys, assuming CHJ leaves, do we target Kristen Fulton or Trevon Diggs?

We donít have anyone like Kinlaw on the roster. Heís a 3 down DT on day one.
    Of course but weíve gotten by without him and we have bigger needs else where. However Iíd love to have him but Iím just not sure the team views it as an immediate need over WR or Center.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-18-2020 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Baidiasz looks like a better PC prospect or interior line prospect then any one in the last draft.
    I agree, Iíd love the pick if it happened but I think Iíd love Henry Ruggs more. Lol

My guess is that Elway trades back into the mid 20s to get another 2nd or 3rd rounder since that is the sweet spot of this draft.

More ammunition to grab OL depth, CB depth, and Receiver depth, since this draft is so loaded at those positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    My guess is that Elway trades back into the mid 20s to get another 2nd or 3rd rounder since that is the sweet spot of this draft.

More ammunition to grab OL depth, CB depth, and Receiver depth, since this draft is so loaded at those positions.
    This what I think also.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

I think Ruggs and Kinlaw go in the top 10.

I think Ruggs and Kinlaw go in the top 10.
    i could see ruggs, i don't see Kinlaw i am seeing alot of mocks where Derrick Brown is going at the end of the top ten to out of it. and if Brown goes later then there is no way Kinlaw is drafted before him

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post

I've felt this way for a while, but I also see options of going BPA with a need position, leaning towards OT. I think we could even move up this year, from round two, or move back and then up. Possibilities are many, and that's good.

But as for moving back, to land another pick or two, I think we would be wise if we could land 5 decent players within the first 3 rounds. Think of the need that could take care of....OLine, CB, WR, maybe a couple of other key D positions.
    Last edited by CanDB; 01-18-2020 at 05:17 PM.

Round 1: Own pick (15th overall)
    Round 2: Own pick
    Round 3: Own pick
    Round 3: via Pittsburgh Steelers
    Round 3: via San Francisco 49ers
    Round 4: own pick
    Round 4: via San Franciso 49ers
    Round 6: via Washington Redskins
    Round 7: via New England Patriots

+ possible compensatory picks..

That’s a lot of picks, I don’t see a move back, unless we are sitting in a dead spot for needs and a decent BPA. I could see a small move up if needed to grab a player..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Round 1: Own pick (15th overall)
    Round 2: Own pick
    Round 3: Own pick
    Round 3: via Pittsburgh Steelers
    Round 3: via San Francisco 49ers
    Round 4: own pick
    Round 4: via San Franciso 49ers
    Round 6: via Washington Redskins
    Round 7: via New England Patriots

+ possible compensatory picks..

Thatís a lot of picks, I donít see a move back, unless we are sitting in a dead spot for needs and a decent BPA. I could see a small move up if needed to grab a player..
    Iím guessing we move back in the first in the hopes of getting a 2nd or 3rd.

Once the second round starts Iím guessing youíll see 4-7th rounders getting packaged to move up in rounds 2 and 3. Some of the late 3rd rounders also might get packaged for surgical strikes.

Iím guessing we end the day with 9 players. 6 of them coming in the Top 100 picks. I could see two of the picks being late first rounders.

Instead of trading back I would be more interested in seeing them make a move to get a second pick in the first. Quality over quantity.

Think Higgins or Ruggs at #15 and then trade into the mid/ late 20s for Biadiasz or A. Jackson.