Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Bolles expected to stay starter

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...ing-lt-in-2020

With a stack OT draft Bolles expected to start next year at LT. Not really sure what to think about this because CB is a big need too. LT may not be as big of a need. That big cap space is going to be needed for a big time CB

Too far in the future.

Of course he is expected to... no draft yet. No FA period. So yes. For now. He is expected to stay starter.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Well so much for a merry Christmas....
    [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg[/URL
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Of course he is expected to... no draft yet. No FA period. So yes. For now. He is expected to stay starter.
    Precisely.

Personally I expect the Broncos to invest heavily into OT talent this off season. Multiple players aquired.

MAYBE Bolles will be starting LT at first OTA but come week 1 I expect us to have some new faces on the OL.

It is too soon to start saying who will be where. Free agency. Draft. Trades. Unexpected events. Lots of things will happen between now and week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Personally I expect the Broncos to invest heavily into OT talent this off season. Multiple players aquired.

MAYBE Bolles will be starting LT at first OTA but come week 1 I expect us to have some new faces on the OL.

It is too soon to start saying who will be where. Free agency. Draft. Trades. Unexpected events. Lots of things will happen between now and week 1.
    Does anyone know what the FA pool might look like? Haven't heard the potential FA's might be.

Isnt this kind of a non story? I think case keenum was expected to stay the starter. We dont know until FA/Draft.

Maybe they feel Lock's athleticism will be strong enough to hide his deficiencies throughout next year? Give him one final year to prove his draft status?

The Denver Post 2012/01/16

John Elway names Tim Tebow Broncos' starter entering next season The Denver Post

... until March 20, 2012 - Denver signs Peyton Manning

And then March 21

NPR
    Jets, Broncos Complete Trade For Tim Tebow : The Two-Way

So, yeah, Bolles is the starter.

Yikes. That is a very, very poorly written article. The guy needs a proofreader badly:

Its not just the inconsistencies that grow tiresome watching Bolles, but just how high variance his play be from snap-to-snap and week-to-week.

I couldn't get to the end of this poorly written click bait, sorry.

Yeah, this is a complete opinion piece by a fan who hasn't broken things down any further than the next guy. Writers for these places, MHS, etc. they are usually pretty terrible and offer inaccurate takes. On the topic, it is so far into the future, and the idea and notion that Bolles isn't playing horribly by giving away multiple penalties game means he is playing good is ludicrous. It's like giving someone credit for getting 16% in their final because they improved on their previous 9% grade, it's still bad, just not as bad, and Bolles is exactly that.

I realize the article is opinion based but he makes sense to me. We all know he needs replaced but we are so thin at CB and on the DL that I can see them riding the Bolles train for another year. That and his price tag is so cheap for a LT that will be a deciding factor as well

I have commented before that I think it is very likely that he will be competing for a starting spot on the OL in 2020 TC/preseason, probably at LT. Hopefully next season they have somebody that can beat him out. He is still on a rookie contract and just average LT's cost a lot nowadays, so his cost pretty much dictates that he will be given the chance to be a starter on the OL next season. The Broncos should not use FA for any OL, they are too costly for a good one and too often don't live up to expectations. Draft some OL/LTs.
    At this time, logically there is no way to know, by anybody, that Bolles will stay the starter at LT next season.
    I find that national sports news sources tend to not be very informed about the Broncos. Lately it seems the best source is Mike Klis with local 9news. I think opinion pieces that are from sources outside of Colorado tend to be worth no more than the vast majority of commenters on here, including mine. Even the radio personalities on local radio seem to be very interested in making a name for themselves by saying things that are "dramatic" speculation to get attention.

I like that, according to the article, he is actually taking to coaching much better and has hired Zampese as a private coach. There may be hope for him yet.