Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Raider Week Pros/Cons

Last week of the year...Would love to be able to go out and dominate the Raiders. Show that our momentum is really moving in the right direction and we know our path forward. Solidify Lock as the starter. Hopefully give our new RT another game to show what he has.

On the flip side, if we win this game we could draft as low as 18th or 19th. If we lose we will likely be 10 or 11. That's a pretty big jump. Also as a win would have us finishing second in the division, meaning we'll play the other two second place teams in the AFC for our schedule next year. There's a pretty big difference between the current 2nd and 3rd place teams in the AFC, IMO.

Still, I obviously want us to win, but especially with so many teams bunched together at this record, it will come at a big cost in the draft. Let's hope we blow the Raiders out to take any other sour tastes out of our mouth.

been a fan of the broncos since the mid 1970s

I have never hoped they lose...wont start this week

Letís go into the offseason with a nice divisional win. A loss doesnít necessarily guarantee massive change in draft position at this point, so letís finish 2nd in the division with some hope going into the offseason.

Never hope for a loss...especially against the Raiders..

What is this lose mentality?
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Like I said, I'm not hoping for a loss, just noting what the win will "cost" us. I don't want to lose. Not against the Raiders and the momentum we have.

Denver needs this win, not only to stick it to the Raiders but for building team chemistry. Von, Harris, Sanders (when he was here) and other vets are in the "just want to win" mentality. If we can go 4-1 with Lock that will make them feel like we can win here. Not just them but other free agents too. Winning cures a lot of things and we NEED that back here desperately

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Denver needs this win, not only to stick it to the Raiders but for building team chemistry. Von, Harris, Sanders (when he was here) and other vets are in the "just want to win" mentality. If we can go 4-1 with Lock that will make them feel like we can win here. Not just them but other free agents too. Winning cures a lot of things and we NEED that back here desperately
    Good points. I don't think Harris (and obviously Sanders) will be here next year, but for Von and other vets "turning the culture around" is a big thing.

Going to be a tough game. Raiders may well be playing to get into the playoffs. Would be pretty sweet to knock them off.

Basically the only good thing about losing this game will be better draft position. Nothing else would feel good about a loss.

Win and Drew Lock is 4-1 with a team that spent the whole season below .500. Win and knock the Raiders out of the playoffs. Win and go into the offseason with a lot of momentum having won 4 out of 5. Win and finish .500 in the division.

Losing helps absolutely nothing except draft position. Lose at home to the Raiders? No, thank you. Lose and drop to 6-10? No, thank you? Lose and have a losing record against a less than stellar division? No, thank you. Lose and take away some of Lock's luster? No, thank you. Don't want Elway to think he needs to bring in another vet QB to start the season.

After the past couple drafts, I'm not super concerned about dropping a few slots in the draft. Our scouting has been pretty good the past couple seasons and if that continues, it won't matter where we're drafting. We should be able to find guys that can step in and be productive with our early picks.

Fant, Risner, and Lock were all picked in the first 2 rounds but Fant was the highest pick at 20. And all have been productive this season. Did it dampen their developement that they weren't top 10 picks? No.

So let's beat the Raiders and not worry about draft position. The offseason will have quite the cloud hanging over it if we allow Oakvegas to come into our house and take the game from us. Lock is hot. The defense is young and hungry. The team has a spark. Let's get the win and get some heavy momentum moving into 2020.
    Last edited by Megalodon30; 12-23-2019 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maaskesr View Post
    Last week of the year...Would love to be able to go out and dominate the Raiders. Show that our momentum is really moving in the right direction and we know our path forward. Solidify Lock as the starter. Hopefully give our new RT another game to show what he has.

On the flip side, if we win this game we could draft as low as 18th or 19th. If we lose we will likely be 10 or 11. That's a pretty big jump. Also as a win would have us finishing second in the division, meaning we'll play the other two second place teams in the AFC for our schedule next year. There's a pretty big difference between the current 2nd and 3rd place teams in the AFC, IMO.

Still, I obviously want us to win, but especially with so many teams bunched together at this record, it will come at a big cost in the draft. Let's hope we blow the Raiders out to take any other sour tastes out of our mouth.
    It may not be so big of a jump, I would guess 14th or 15th if we win (look at the teams around us and who's surging --Jets,Cards,Falcons, etc.), nor will it be so dramatically costly. For me it's more about who we draft than where. We can get a quality player if they do their due diligence. We came out of the last two pretty well so I'm hopeful.

I want to end on a high note, not by getting swept by the friggin' Raiders! I think that's more important for the team.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Eliminating the Raiders from playoff contention to close the season at home? That sounds like a party to me!

Quote Originally Posted by maaskesr View Post
    Good points. I don't think Harris (and obviously Sanders) will be here next year, but for Von and other vets "turning the culture around" is a big thing.

Going to be a tough game. Raiders may well be playing to get into the playoffs. Would be pretty sweet to knock them off.
    Honestly some one is gonna over pay for harris. And we should not do it. He isn't elite on the wrong side of 30.

Can we see how Spencer functions as a deep threat wr and see if maybe we can use speed to get more balls deep cause the kid is fast

I dont think it's a massive jump with one win . I'll tell you what is massive .....my buddies head . If Raiders win I owe him a hat . You know how much that's gonna cost me ? Lol ....but in all seriousness we cant get swept by the Raiders. I hope we blow em up and send them home with their thumbs in their mouth in a fetal position

Remember that the Raiders will be moving to Las Vegas after this game. I want to see our team give them a sour note heading to LV at all legal costs.

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    been a fan of the broncos since the mid 1970s

I have never hoped they lose...wont start this week
    I donít know the meaning of the phrase I hope they lose for draft position. We took Fant at 20 last year and he appears to be our next great tight end. People worry too much about position versus what we do with it.

Iíll be pulling for a win all week. The silver lining is those other things if we do lose.

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    It may not be so big of a jump, I would guess 14th or 15th if we win (look at the teams around us and who's surging --Jets,Cards,Falcons, etc.), nor will it be so dramatically costly. For me it's more about who we draft than where. We can get a quality player if they do their due diligence. We came out of the last two pretty well so I'm hopeful.

I want to end on a high note, not by getting swept by the friggin' Raiders! I think that's more important for the team.
    Oh you said this before i responded to Arapahoe with basically the same thing that people spend too much time worrying about draft position versus who we take.