Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 106
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    13,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    If you've got your QB (as it looks like Denver does) I'd rather they win the game and draft lower than draft lower and lose to a hated rival that still has playoff hopes.
    Would also like to see that QB finish the season 4-1!
    A good plan put into motion today is better than the ideal plan that is always coming sometime in the future.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    13,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Honestly some one is gonna over pay for harris. And we should not do it. He isn't elite on the wrong side of 30.

    Can we see how Spencer functions as a deep threat wr and see if maybe we can use speed to get more balls deep cause the kid is fast
    Not sure what a CB is going to be paid today but I probably would not pay any CB top end money outside of maybe 2 or 3 guys. With that said Harris can be the next tier paid and earn it imo.

    I think Harris is worth it if he is not being matched up against the fastest WR week in and week out. When we use to have Talib he would take that match up and Harris could be used on the possession WR. Harris playing against Eldeman is one of the reasons why only Denver and Balt have knocked the Pats out of the playoffs since 2012.

    Harris can still play that role and could never play the role we have asked of him since Talib was traded.
    A good plan put into motion today is better than the ideal plan that is always coming sometime in the future.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Taos, New Mexico
    Posts
    3,430
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Go and win the game. Keep building momentum for next year. Would rather Lock play well and assert himself as the 2020 starter than he play poorly and the team lose.
    Agreed...

    Two things, Odds are in Denver's favor this weekend, not by a lot but we are favored to win, and Jacobs is not playing according to Gruden.

    This is exactly the kind of game the "Old" Broncos would lay an egg in. I'm not putting too much stock in the KC flub due to the fact that we got shellacked by a well oiled machine in their house. My hope is, now that this is Lock's team(fingers crossed), we establish a new mindset (precedent), an iron willed desire to win against all odds!

    Play hungry boys!!!
    [

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    2,309
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Go and win the game. Keep building momentum for next year. Would rather Lock play well and assert himself as the 2020 starter than he play poorly and the team lose.
    Momentum for next year is exactly right. More reps for Lock and the youngsters...end this season on a high note, and pull the plug on the Raiders' slim playoff chances.

    That's win win.
    To infinity...and beyond.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    Momentum for next year is exactly right. More reps for Lock and the youngsters...end this season on a high note, and pull the plug on the Raiders' slim playoff chances.
    That's win win.
    The Faiders will already be out when Paxton leads the steelers to the playoffs and wins the superbowl for them and becomes their franchise QB

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Would also like to see that QB finish the season 4-1!
    Yes sir......

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,704
    I want to see Lock dominate the stat sheet!! Go 20-25 completion, 400+ yards and 4 tds!! Kick those nasty Raiders in the face and let them know that they still belong at the bottom. I've never liked the Raiders and to keep them from the playoffs would be excellent!!

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    650
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I want to see Lock dominate the stat sheet!! Go 20-25 completion, 400+ yards and 4 tds!! Kick those nasty Raiders in the face and let them know that they still belong at the bottom. I've never liked the Raiders and to keep them from the playoffs would be excellent!!
    Hopefully Hamilton gained some confidence last week and shows up again against the Raiders. Our WR corps isnt too bad right now, just inconsistent and this off season should help out a lot with timing

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    31,537
    BLAM! BLAM!


  10. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Red 98 - Red 98
    Posts
    15,407
    Quote Originally Posted by maaskesr View Post
    Last week of the year...Would love to be able to go out and dominate the Raiders. Show that our momentum is really moving in the right direction and we know our path forward. Solidify Lock as the starter. Hopefully give our new RT another game to show what he has.

    On the flip side, if we win this game we could draft as low as 18th or 19th. If we lose we will likely be 10 or 11. That's a pretty big jump. Also as a win would have us finishing second in the division, meaning we'll play the other two second place teams in the AFC for our schedule next year. There's a pretty big difference between the current 2nd and 3rd place teams in the AFC, IMO.

    Still, I obviously want us to win, but especially with so many teams bunched together at this record, it will come at a big cost in the draft. Let's hope we blow the Raiders out to take any other sour tastes out of our mouth.
    just for the simple fact of passing up the Raiders when they have a 1 year jump on us in their new system with Gruden ............ would be pretty sweet.
    Red 98

    Kareem rises to the top

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Red 98 - Red 98
    Posts
    15,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    Agreed...

    Two things, Odds are in Denver's favor this weekend, not by a lot but we are favored to win, and Jacobs is not playing according to Gruden.

    This is exactly the kind of game the "Old" Broncos would lay an egg in. I'm not putting too much stock in the KC flub due to the fact that we got shellacked by a well oiled machine in their house. My hope is, now that this is Lock's team(fingers crossed), we establish a new mindset (precedent), an iron willed desire to win against all odds!

    Play hungry boys!!!
    honestly I think the Broncos have only won in KC in December 3 times EVER. So it was a tall order for Lock even if Matt Cassell was still QBing
    Red 98

    Kareem rises to the top

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,170

    Oak Win

    It cost us 5-6 spots in the draft! But Lock going 4-1 is more important I guess! The youngest offense in the league, should only get better!

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    9,750
    Disappointing season with a hopeful ending. Hopefully we build on December and have a good draft/FA period. I definitely think the team is trending in the right direction.

    Especially with Lock.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arvada, CO
    Posts
    933
    I know this is orange glasses talk but if we can re-sign Simmons, Callahan comes back healthy, a miracle happens and James finds his love for the game again, re-sign Harris to a decent 30 year old cb contract, re-sign Shelby and Wolfe for decent amounts and draft for O-line and d-line help. I think we are going to be going forward pretty dang strong.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    13,798
    I have never been one to lose in order to gain draft status. Too many good picks always go past the top end of the 1st round...the team just needs to find them and coach them up.


    As for our new qb going 4-1 and this team going 4-1 in Dec! I will take that!
    A good plan put into motion today is better than the ideal plan that is always coming sometime in the future.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •