Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Can I ask? - Lindsay / Freeman

why is there so much freeman. Lindsey is the better back. he is average around a yard more a carry on 70ty more carries. but we still see freeman alot. we have also been seeing freeman on alot of short yardage stuff. what am i missing here, Lindsey has been the more effective rusher i feel we need to be getting more then 200 carries in a season. he can be an elite running back in this league with that speed his possess why can't we start facing Freeman out and start putting more of a load on Lindsey?

i would really like to see a commiment to get lindsey 20 touches a game.
    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 12-25-2019 at 01:00 AM.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Why waste him on a crap season like this?
    2019 Adopt-A-Bronco: Dr. Dre'Mont Jones

I would like to see how Freeman does as the work horse.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    I would like to see how Freeman does as the work horse.
    How does that make sense at all? Why would you move away from a back that is averaging 5 yards a carry to a back that is averaging 3.9. Lindsey is a far superior running back don't like the sizes fool you. Also Lindsey had twice as many tds and came into the league at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Why waste him on a crap season like this?
    I don't get this they have a limited self life as it is so we might as well use him till he hits it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    How does that make sense at all? Why would you move away from a back that is averaging 5 yards a carry to a back that is averaging 3.9. Lindsey is a far superior running back don't like the sizes fool you. Also Lindsey had twice as many tds and came into the league at the same time.
    They probably donít run Lindsay as much as they should because heís not built for it.

Might as well see what Freeman can do when used the way he is built to be used.

Maybe they can make the offense better by making the running game more than just a distraction from the passing game.

Maybe they can do it with Lindsay or maybe they need to do it with Freeman. Whichever is the case is fine by me.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    They probably donít run Lindsay as much as they should because heís not built for it.

Might as well see what Freeman can do when used the way he is built to be used.

Maybe they can make the offense better by making the running game more than just a distraction from the passing game.

Maybe they can do it with Lindsay or maybe they need to do it with Freeman. Whichever is the case is fine by me.
    I just don't think freeman has preformed well enough that I want him any where near my back field. Why would I start some one who is averaging 3.8 yards per carry when I can start some one with 5.0 and twice as many touchdowns

I think the plan was to have a thunder (Freeman) & lightning (Lindsay) backfield but for whatever reason Freeman runs with little to no thunder.

I still like having Freeman in our backfield as a change up, and his running style reminds me of CJ Anderson, he just doesn't run with CJ's power (or duck wobble)!

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    I think the plan was to have a thunder (Freeman) & lightning (Lindsay) backfield but for whatever reason Freeman runs with little to no thunder.

I still like having Freeman in our backfield as a change up, and his running style reminds me of CJ Anderson, he just doesn't run with CJ's power (or duck wobble)!
    I like the idea of him and the what he was supposed to be out of college. He just hasn't really delivered while lindsey has been really good yet we seem convinced to Freeman gonna break through. The truth is really he has been playing like a back up and has not really looked good his PC is low. He runs kinda soft expecially for his size and his speed is just okay. He doesnt do any thing particularly well.

Freeman is better in short yardage situations and is a better receiver. Lindsay isnít built to get more than 20 total touches a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Freeman is better in short yardage situations and is a better receiver. Lindsay isnít built to get more than 20 total touches a game.
    I think the receiving part plays a huge role in it. Lindsay just doesnít catch the ball naturally and while he tries in pass pro he struggles to anchor although thatís better than Freeman not picking up anybody which has in turn given way to Booker getting on the field

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I don't know I don't think you can say Freeman's better in short yardage he has not been impressive there at least lindsey has a fight to him

I don't know I don't think you can say Freeman's better in short yardage he has not been impressive there at least lindsey has a fight to him
    I donít agree, but thatís just my opinion

why is there so much freeman. Lindsey is the better back. he is average around a yard more a carry on 70ty more carries. but we still see freeman alot. we have also been seeing freeman on alot of short yardage stuff. what am i missing here, Lindsey has been the more effective rusher i feel we need to be getting more then 200 carries in a season. he can be an elite running back in this league with that speed his possess why can't we start facing Freeman out and start putting more of a load on Lindsey?

i would really like to see a commiment to get lindsey 20 touches a game.
    I do not know what the coaches plan were. I do remember earlier in the season Freeman looked better.

Ultimately I think the OL did worse this year run blocking then it did in 2018...partly because it was so good in 2018 but also because I think players were adjusting to a new scheme. Hard for the coaches to evaluate their plan when the blocking took a step back.

I would like to see an offense...RB wise...similar to the one we saw Atlanta took to the Super Bowl a few years ago. Both RBs use a lot with plays that fully use their skill sets. It is hard to know what exactly goes on with the team. There are challenges of using two RBs with different skill sets...for example calling the right play when a RB is not in the game for whatever reason. There are only seconds to get the play called while knowing who is in the game.

Hopefully in year 2 of the same coaching and same system things can go more smoothly.
    A good plan put into motion today is better than the ideal plan that is always coming sometime in the future.

Freeman is pretty average, but Lindsay needs rest. I got murdered when we drafted Freeman for saying that I see his ceiling as potentially CJ Anderson, and that I thought he was over drafted. I think right now up until this point through 2 seasons we have seen exactly that. However, the CJ Anderson clone comment might of even been a stretch as a young CJ Anderson was far superior to Royce Freeman in terms of power, tackle breaking ability, and reliability.

When it comes to Lindsay and touches, I don't understand why we can't give him his regular 12-15 carries, and get him another 5-7 touches in other ways ? Why cant we move him around more and get him the ball in space, he is a weapon that was under utilised last year as well under Musgrave.