Thread: Chuba Hubbard

Chuba Hubbard

His bowl game is about to begin. Barring a catastrophic injury I expect he'll declare for the draft, I'd love for him to become a Bronco. I might be biased because I've coached against him. But he's also really really good, and fast.

After the first half Hubbard has 7 carries for 78 yards, often making players miss in the backfield before gaining yardage. And 2 catches for 15 yards.

Oklahoma State is using Hubbard as a decoy so far, since Texas A&M is crashing to him at all times, but hopefully he'll get some more action in the second half.

We wonít be in the market for a 2nd round RB, and probably not early in the third. I hope Chubba is the reason a good player falls to us.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    We won’t be in the market for a 2nd round RB, and probably not early in the third. I hope Chubba is the reason a good player falls to us.
    I think RB is a much bigger need than WR. Especially for a team that wants to be more of a balanced offense like the Broncos do.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I think RB is a much bigger need than WR. Especially for a team that wants to be more of a balanced offense like the Broncos do.
    I have to disagree, we can operate just fine with what we have. If Hamilton can continue to progress WR might not be such a big need either. Imo, our draft should be filled with CB, OL and DL. RB and WR can be taken care of in FA

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I have to disagree, we can operate just fine with what we have. If Hamilton can continue to progress WR might not be such a big need either. Imo, our draft should be filled with CB, OL and DL. RB and WR can be taken care of in FA
    There's a difference between operating fine and having a dynamic offense that wins games and puts the opposition on their heels. But at this point (after the last 3.75 seasons) I'm hoping that the offense raises up to the point of fine. Lock gives me a belief that could happen.

Go Chuba, you Alberta guy!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Go Chuba, you Alberta guy!

He's actually one of two Alberta players on the Ok State team (last year they had 3). The other is starting LB and defensive captain Amen Ogbongbemiga. He's from Notre Dame High School here in Calgary. We went against both of them, both were very good players, although Chuba showed even as a grade 10 why he was special.

Agreed... IMO Lindsey and Freeman just aren't enough to get this offense over the top, Hubbard perhaps could be that guy especially if paired with Jano and Beck.

I think the RBs are fine. Fix the Oline and get a deep threat WR and you will see the RBs blossom. They will never be superstars but they should be more than serviceable. I donít think you fix our offensive problems with a stud RB. Starts in the trenches and we also need to stretch the D with Locks arm. If I had my way we would draft 3 OL in our first 7 picks and 2 in the first 5.

Chuba announced tonight he's going back to OK State for 2020. So I'll start the Chuba in 2021 lobby now....

There's a difference between operating fine and having a dynamic offense that wins games and puts the opposition on their heels. But at this point (after the last 3.75 seasons) I'm hoping that the offense raises up to the point of fine. Lock gives me a belief that could happen.
    Oline is much more important than RB in making that happen.

Chuba announced tonight he's going back to OK State for 2020. So I'll start the Chuba in 2021 lobby now....
    That seems more realistic but Lindsey is a stud and deserves a chance to be the featured back

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Oline is much more important than RB in making that happen.
    It's both. The o-line can improve the RB, but an RB that can explode through seams as soon as he sees them (like Terrell Davis used to excel at) can make the o-line better as well.

Denver doesn't have elite or even above average in either category right now.