Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Nobody including me has said you donít have good players

But that your team overall as a whole, something you canít grasp even since your ďmost well rounded teamĒ blew up in your face, might not be as talented as you think

I mean the broncos have like ten more sacks than the chargers and thatís with losing Chubb in week 4, and Wolfe who was leading the team in sacks

Weíve had a mish mash defensive backfield all season, and despite the theory that Flacco was going to just manage the offense we played 8 games with some of the worst we play you can imagine

And played with a back up guard at RT all year and the last two games with three lineman two who were on the PS

And still won more games

Sometimes you just gotta take it as the team isnít as talented as you think
    All I see here is more hypocrisy, why do you get to talk about injuries affecting your team but when I do itís just ďpathetic excuse makingĒ?

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    I’m just going by what I’ve actually seen. Don’t forget, the pundits said similar things about Trevor simian after he Had a few good games.
    No, they weren't saying the same things. Plus, watching Lock compared to watching Simian..... Not the same at all. I'm cautiously optimistic with Lock. He appears to have a lot more going that the others ever did. I think with coaches like Reid giving praise, it says a lot. Again, we'll see.

The new stadium would get taken over by most fan bases regardless if itís the rams or the chargers playing.

I honestly canít stand LA, wish the chargers moved entirely out of Southern California, only way they will ever have a solid fan base.
    I never liked it. I thought it would've been ok since I was a die hard Lakers fan at the time and thought it would at least be a good thing to have the Raiders there. But compared to the passion in Oakland, it was night and day. We didn't have the opposing crowd issue except once vs. the Cowboys in 1992. I would say it was about 40-45% Cowboys fans in a 90,000 crowd. Three years later in Oakland, even while the Cowboys were in dynasty mode, it wasn't a problem.

I'm surprised at the city's lack of support for the Rams though.

This thread only applies to the chargers and are only my thoughts. The chargers are in a good position to draft their future at QB, otherwise they will be stuck with guys like drew lock who have potential as a game manager and that’s about it.
    Time for somebody to cry.....

AFC West W L T PCT PF PA Home Away AFC NFC Div

K. C. 12 4 0 .750 451 308 5-3-0 7-1-0 9-3-0 3-1-0 6-0-0 3rd Floor
    Den. 7 9 0 .438 282 316 5-3-0 2-6-0 6-6-0 1-3-0 3-3-0 2nd Floor
    Oak. 7 9 0 .438 313 419 5-3-0 2-6-0 5-7-0 2-2-0 3-3-0 1st Floor
    Char. 5 11 0 .313 337 345 2-6-0 3-5-0 3-9-0 2-2-0 0-6-0 BASEMENT

Devil spawn 07-15-19

AFC WEST
    Chargers: 12-4
    Chiefs: 12-4
    Raiders: 9-7
    Broncos: 6-10
    Last edited by jazzbodog; 12-30-2019 at 08:35 AM.
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    No, they weren't saying the same things. Plus, watching Lock compared to watching Simian..... Not the same at all. I'm cautiously optimistic with Lock. He appears to have a lot more going that the others ever did. I think with coaches like Reid giving praise, it says a lot. Again, we'll see.
    Yes because pundits never say good things about the players in the games they are announcing?

Coaches never say good things about opposing QBís elway bragged about TS, he hasnít bragged about lock yet.

Do you take what pundits say over elway? Just curious. Oh and if we are to take what pundits say as law, that means Phil rivers is definitely HOF bound without a doubt.

By the way, drew lock hasnít showed me much more than the fact they can win with him as long as the defense can dominate.

That might be enough but itís not a key to long term success. Yeah lock can improve but Iím just going by what Iíve seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    Time for somebody to cry.....

AFC West W L T PCT PF PA Home Away AFC NFC Div

K. C. 12 4 0 .750 451 308 5-3-0 7-1-0 9-3-0 3-1-0 6-0-0 3rd Floor
    Den. 7 9 0 .438 282 316 5-3-0 2-6-0 6-6-0 1-3-0 3-3-0 2nd Floor
    Oak. 7 9 0 .438 313 419 5-3-0 2-6-0 5-7-0 2-2-0 3-3-0 1st Floor
    Char. 5 11 0 .313 337 345 2-6-0 3-5-0 3-9-0 2-2-0 0-6-0 BASEMENT

Devil spawn 07-15-19

AFC WEST
    Chargers: 12-4
    Chiefs: 12-4
    Raiders: 9-7
    Broncos: 6-10
    I changed Denver's record to 7-9 after Luck retired, so 2 out of 4 ain't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    I never liked it. I thought it would've been ok since I was a die hard Lakers fan at the time and thought it would at least be a good thing to have the Raiders there. But compared to the passion in Oakland, it was night and day. We didn't have the opposing crowd issue except once vs. the Cowboys in 1992. I would say it was about 40-45% Cowboys fans in a 90,000 crowd. Three years later in Oakland, even while the Cowboys were in dynasty mode, it wasn't a problem.

I'm surprised at the city's lack of support for the Rams though.
    No NFL team has had more fan support in LA than the raiders. The fact they needed BO Jackson to go on TV to beg raiders fans to sell out a playoff game tells you all you need to know.

The rams and chargers are there for the media market, they couldnít care less about fan support, especially when rival fans end up buying a lot of the tickets anyways.

Yes because pundits never say good things about the players in the games they are announcing?

Coaches never say good things about opposing QB’s elway bragged about TS, he hasn’t bragged about lock yet.

Do you take what pundits say over elway? Just curious. Oh and if we are to take what pundits say as law, that means Phil rivers is definitely HOF bound without a doubt.
    I'm taking NFL experts thoughts over yours. Yes, Andy Reid did talk up Lock. I will take the majority of the experts word over Elway if he's the only one saying opposite. Never said pundits word as law, they just know more than you and I. I think Rivers is HOF bound, just not first ballot.

By the way, drew lock hasn’t showed me much more than the fact they can win with him as long as the defense can dominate.

That might be enough but it’s not a key to long term success. Yeah lock can improve but I’m just going by what I’ve seen so far.
    Defense didn't dominate and win the games over Houston, LAC, or Oakland..... Lock didn't carry the teams either, but it was a full team effort. Dude has played 5 games..... Relax and let us observe the future before we call him a game manager. Rivers didn't carry the team in his first 5 games either.

All I see here is more hypocrisy, why do you get to talk about injuries affecting your team but when I do it’s just “pathetic excuse making”?
    because I note that despite injuries, we still won down the stretch ...you used them as an excuse why you lost

you will never find me stating...we lost because of injuries

heres kinda what I say : despite losing chubb in week four and later wolfe, we still had a better pass rush

heres bap: we lost cause we the most injury deleted team in the history of football

This thread only applies to the chargers and are only my thoughts. The chargers are in a good position to draft their future at QB, otherwise they will be stuck with guys like drew lock who have potential as a game manager and thatís about it.
    we should compare locks first five rookie starts with rivers first five rookie starts !!!

ohh wait...rivers wasn't good enough to start as a rookie was he

well lets compare third year qb, rivers first five starts, with a offense including two HOF players in LT and gates and a Oline full of probowlers
    to rookie lock, coming off ir in week twelve where he never got to practice all year, on a team with the oline he had, and with no talent as bap says

rivers 1064 yards passing, 7 tds, 3 Ints
    Lock 1020 yards passing, 7 tds, 3ints

if your impression of lock is he could potentially be a game manager then that explains your lack of knowledge and overestimation of your 5-11 teams talent

Derwin was injured though. I like how you mention you were right about that but fail to mention your prediction about chubb.
    looked injured when that chiefs RB trucked over him on that 84 yard td

because I note that despite injuries, we still won down the stretch ...you used them as an excuse why you lost

you will never find me stating...we lost because of injuries

heres kinda what I say : despite losing chubb in week four and later wolfe, we still had a better pass rush

heres bap: we lost cause we the most injury deleted team in the history of football
    Hey liar, never once in my life have I said any team has lost games only because of injuries.

But by all means, find the quotes and show me where I did. Also, if I even mentioned injuries as an issue you would claim I was making excuses.

I ask myself again why I keep responding to a lying troll such as yourself and Iím not sure why.

Obviously exposing you for the liar and hypocrite that you are has no effect.

we should compare locks first five rookie starts with rivers first five rookie starts !!!

ohh wait...rivers wasn't good enough to start as a rookie was he

well lets compare third year qb, rivers first five starts, with a offense including two HOF players in LT and gates and a Oline full of probowlers
    to rookie lock, coming off ir in week twelve where he never got to practice all year, on a team with the oline he had, and with no talent as bap says

rivers 1064 yards passing, 7 tds, 3 Ints
    Lock 1020 yards passing, 7 tds, 3ints

if your impression of lock is he could potentially be a game manager then that explains your lack of knowledge and overestimation of your 5-11 teams talent
    Yes because the broncos are a run fist offense like the chargers were then?

Why is your offense still inept considering heís the real deal and all?