Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    If Bolles doesnít commit the stupid penalty we arenít even having this discussion.

But as it is we were 6-9 with nothing to gain really. Fangio let McManus try to ice the game. Not like it really matters if we lost other than fan happiness.
    To be fair the Bolles penalty was a bogus call. I've seen way worse pushes never get called.

57 yarder. Hardly easy. McManus has a decent enough track record. Though he was shaky this year. But today's kick I'm not really worried about.

Credit Shelby Harris for bailing out McManus.

I donít like the decision because the odds are low from that distance. Punt the ball and make Carr drive the distance.

The decision was more about Fangioís confidence in the defense IMO.

I noticed Fangio and McManus talking
    before the attempt.

It appeared Fangio was mouthing,
    "But can you make it?"

We all know how that ended.

I'll post it now: Is McManus worth 4.25M next year?

I was very happy that Fangio gave McManus a chance to kick that ball. After that temper tantrum McManus had earlier this season, I was so happy he missed that kick to teach him a lesson. It was a lesson learned for both parties involved.
    Go Hard or Go Home

I thought when we lined up for a FG we were just trying to draw them off sides, take the 5 yard penalty and punt if it didn't work. If it did, we try a 52 yard FG. I was actually surprised when we snapped it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Credit Shelby Harris for bailing out McManus.

I don’t like the decision because the odds are low from that distance. Punt the ball and make Carr drive the distance.

The decision was more about Fangio’s confidence in the defense IMO.
    I think unless McManus makes it, it gets second guessed regardless. If he chooses to punt and Wadman does what he does and shanks one or kicks it rights through the end zone for a net of 19 yards then people are complaining that he's too conservative and should have kicked the FG.

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation outside of McManus making the kick.

In the grand scheme of things, you don't gain anything in a win, or anything in a loss, so I thought at the time it was a good decision, pretty much why wouldn't you go for the kill shot ? I also feel Oakland felt the same way at the end with the 2 point conversion, why not ? I wouldn't think too much into the decision really. The only take away I have from it is Brandon McManus lost all his right to argue the head coach on these decisions in the future. If you want to argue and carry on, you better hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I think unless McManus makes it, it gets second guessed regardless. If he chooses to punt and Wadman does what he does and shanks one or kicks it rights through the end zone for a net of 19 yards then people are complaining that he's too conservative and should have kicked the FG.

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation outside of McManus making the kick.
    McManus is less than 50% career FGM 50+ yards, so the odds are not in your favor. Wadman had a solid day punting so thereís no reason not to trust him there and he already put one punt inside the 20. Even with a net of 19 yards youíre talking about a 72 yard drive and roughly two more first downs for the Raiders to drive the distance.

Win or lose the game didnt matter. McMoney was close and now he knows to correct his footing to make it next time.

I'm ok with the call in a game that doesn't matter.
    Sept. 10, 2006, Den@StL 10-18, Sept. 28, 2008, Den@K.C. 19-33, Nov. 16, 2014, Den@Stl 7-22 <--Broncos games I've attended

Can't blame a guy for wanting to try and win a game. There were lots of situations this season where there were several members of this board unhappy with decisions not to try long fgs. Most of which were just outside McManus' range
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 12-30-2019 at 06:51 AM.
    [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg[/URL
    Adopted player Lindsey

Wadman actually punted the ball pretty well in the game, he dropped a couple on the 7-yard line within 2 yards from the sideline.

That's exactly what Tom McMahon wants. They should have punted the ball

I actually like McManus and his intensity. Hard to believe, but along with Von, Harris, etc. heís one of our few remaining SB 50 players. Personally, I would like to keep him around. When it comes to kickers count yourself lucky if you have someone who can do it reasonably well and youíre not burning draft picks or dumpster diving to find someone...

All that said, Vic needs to drive the bus. Right to pass on the 65 yarder- and punt was the right call yesterday...

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    McManus is less than 50% career FGM 50+ yards, so the odds are not in your favor. Wadman had a solid day punting so there’s no reason not to trust him there and he already put one punt inside the 20. Even with a net of 19 yards you’re talking about a 72 yard drive and roughly two more first downs for the Raiders to drive the distance.
    I don't disagree with you, I wouldn't have chosen to punt, but I think it was a decision that was going to be second guessed by the fanbase as a whole no matter what, outside of McManus making the kick.

I don't disagree with you, I wouldn't have chosen to punt, but I think it was a decision that was going to be second guessed by the fanbase as a whole no matter what, outside of McManus making the kick.
    True. Shelby Harris was the ultimate winner as he added a great play to his resume! I didnít know about the McManus tantrum from the prior game. When we have kickers acting like diva wide receivers...oh no.