Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I just hope we can get a Chiefs game in KC early

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I just hope we can get a Chiefs game in KC early
    @KC in November/December is always a drag when I see it in the schedule. I usually mark it as an L regardless.

I would also to love it if we played there early and then here late. Gives us a puncherís chance in the division.

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    We play the AFC East and the NFC South next year and we have 2nd place schedule so we face the 2nd place teams in the AFC North and AFC South as well.

Broncos 2020 opponents

Home:

Las Vegas Raiders
    Los Angeles Chargers
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Buffalo Bills
    Miami Dolphins
    Tennessee Titans
    New Orleans Saints
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Away:

Las Vegas Raiders
    Los Angeles Chargers
    Kansas City Chiefs
    New York Jets
    New England Patriots
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Carolina Panthers
    Atlanta Falcons
    At first glance that schedule looks tough, but excited to see how the Denver Bronco's fair against these opponents.

If I want to watch the Broncos play, I'll go to Denver, not freaking London and that's despite the latter being less than two hours away from where I live. Enough with the international games already.

Schedule looks doable but a lot can change.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Anyone here know what stadium food is at a London game? Genuinely curious.

Quote Originally Posted by justabroncosfan View Post
    Fish & Chips? Bangers & Mash?

Quote Originally Posted by justabroncosfan View Post
    Boiled meat with kraut

I don't think its too bad. Saints ,Bills, Chiefs x2 and Titans will all be the hardest imo. We will see what the Pats team looks like next year.
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 12-31-2019 at 08:50 AM.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Boiled meat with kraut
    I'm inclined to think that sauerkraut may not be very popular in England.

Nice, I'll get to see them at the Jets game. That should be a fun one!

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Seems right. Donít forget your nice, warm ale.

As a Broncos fan from Paisley, Scotland, would be delighted if the Broncos v Falcons was in London, an hourís flight from my home. My wife and I saw the Broncos at Wembley in 2010, although the 49ers did a job on us. Was still a great day. We go to the London games every year, wearing our Broncos jerseys.

As someone who visits the USA twice a year, every year, since 1997, I fully understand the resentment towards games being played in London, and Mexico. If I were a US-based fan of any team giving up a game to London, I wouldnít be very happy. We could spin it another way. If you were a UK-based fan of a big Premier League soccer team, letís say, Chelsea. Suddenly, the Premier League start playing one, then two, then four, then five, games in foreign lands, and you learn that a Chelsea home game is being taken to Washington DC or Los Angeles? Why would any Chelsea fan be happy about that?

I get it, I genuinely do. However, soccer is played to a very high standard across the globe. American football is played, to the highest professional standard, in only one country on earth. (Sorry Canada!). Also, unlike our soccer, where my own team St Mirren, have been playing as the same club, in the same town, since 1877, American football sees teams jump city, change names, move back to a city. The NFL expanding into other markets is a great idea, but I would say that, wouldnít I, living an hourís flight away from London! Sorry, but the London games are fantastic.

If American fans are going to get angry at games going to London, how angry did you get thinking about a kid in St Louis, with posters of his favourite players on his bedroom wall, being told by his mom and dad - the team is going away. To Los Angeles. The Las Vegas Raiders. Do me a favour! The Chargers moving to Los Angeles and no-one there cares.

I do have a big worry though. I am flying from the UK to the USA on Sunday November 1st next year. If Atlanta v Denver is indeed coming across the pond, please, please Mr Goodell, make it an October game!

Finally, in response to whoever asked what the food was like at the London games - on the concourses it is beer, burgers, hot dogs, chips (fries!), crisps (potato chips!), popcorn, chicken, fish & chips, wine, soft drinks, chilli dogs....etc.

What on earth did you imagine it was!?

Happy New Year everyone! Greetings from Scotland. Go Broncos!
    Last edited by pozbaird; 12-31-2019 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    I don't like playing in London at all. If it happens I'm glad the fans over there will get to see a game, But, I don't want my team going and would prefer it not be done at all.

1 There are only 16 games so every one is very important, for playoffs and seeding. Homefield advantage truly can be the 12 man and does make a difference. So whichever team is the home team (Luckily Atlanta if it happens) will lose that advantage for that game. That is a big deal imo. Every game can make a difference and thats 1 out of only 8 that you have to give up that advantage. That becomes a disadvantage for that team imo.

2. There are business in the city of the home team who count on them and many workers who do from businesses around the the stadium to those who work inside it. You are taking away 1/8 th of their season profit when that happens. That is a lot. That city is the one who has supported the team, Weather through building stadiums or coming out and supporting them or buying gear., or buying season tickets or any others. You again are taking 1/8 away from them. I don't think that is right.

3. As every win matters in a sixteen game season, the travel can make a big difference. I travel for a living and jet lag aint no joke let alone the added complications of traveling over seas. These guys already have enough to deal with in the season between injuries and getting ready for games. I don't want to add this too them. While I enjoy the fact that fans from other countries will get to see an NFL game. I don't want my team to be the one to have to do it. I would like them to just focus on healing, practicing and game planning for the next game.
    Agreed -good post!

The real complication with jet lag overseas is the radical difference in time zones which screws up a person's days & nights. It takes time for the biorhythm to adjust and exhaustion is pretty common before that --in my experience-- traveling between Colorado and Finland where half of my extended family lives.

I would prefer that any games outside of the the United States be scheduled during preseason only. I think there's at least one every year in early August --I'm fine with the League adding one or two more. That way fans overseas can still see their heroes and get autographs and it has no impact on the critical regular season games.
    Last edited by L.M.; 12-31-2019 at 09:30 AM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    French fries and mayonnaise?

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Agreed -good post!

The real complication with jet lag overseas is the radical difference in time zones which screws up a person's days & nights. It takes time for the biorhythm to adjust and exhaustion is pretty common before that --in my experience-- traveling between Colorado and Finland where half of my extended family lives.

I would prefer that any games outside of the the United States be scheduled during preseason only. I think there's at least one every year in early August --I'm fine with the League adding one or two more. That way fans overseas can still see their heroes and get autographs and it has no impact on the critical regular season games.
    Too bad Goodell loves us though, eh?