Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    It is?

From my experience, it very much depends on who you're asking. Not all of us want a team in Europe, or elsewhere for that matter. Maybe London has enough casuals to support a team, I don't know, but good luck getting die hards to support two teams at once. That simply will not happen.

You say it's fantastic, I'd say it's just about the opposite. A potential catastrophe that could further threaten the already shaky National Football League. You mistakingly assume the support of its core audience. There is no such thing in this world if all you do is take. You really think American fans don't see what's going on? This is all about money, nothing else and while paper tigers are fun to look at, Goodell and owners like Jones run the risks of alienating the audience that has been keeping them well-fed all these years.

This is a serious matter if you consider yourself a fan of football. A little perspective and less greed could go a long way in this world. That goes for owners and fans alike, by the way.
    Iím confused. Iíve said many times already that I do not want a London franchise. I do not want a permanent team here. I said itís fantastic for us that we get to see regular season NFL games here in the UK. Thatís all.

Looks like I'll be heading to the Meadowlands to see them play the Jets. Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by pozbaird View Post
    I’m confused. I’ve said many times already that I do not want a London franchise. I do not want a permanent team here. I said it’s fantastic for us that we get to see regular season NFL games here in the UK. That’s all.
    You don't want a London franchise, but at the same time, you don't mind entertaining the idea? Why do you think there are any games in London? To gauge the interest and viability of permanently having a team play abroad. By going to these games and buying tickets, whether intentionally or not, you are by definition supporting the endeavour. I just want to make that clear. You can't have both things.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    We play the AFC East and the NFC South next year and we have 2nd place schedule so we face the 2nd place teams in the AFC North and AFC South as well.

Broncos 2020 opponents

Home:

Las Vegas Raiders
    Los Angeles Chargers
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Buffalo Bills
    Miami Dolphins
    Tennessee Titans
    New Orleans Saints
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Away:

Las Vegas Raiders
    Los Angeles Chargers
    Kansas City Chiefs
    New York Jets
    New England Patriots
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Carolina Panthers
    Atlanta Falcons
    So, we don't know when games will be played but as far as our home games Im glad we have the home games we do. Any time we can avoid going to New Orleans it's a good thing, hard place to win. Titans, Bills and Bucs could be tough road games too so glad we have them home.

Our away games I'm not scared of at all!!! Patriots are not the same powerhouse anymore. Jets and Panthers are a team in disarray. We win both Chargers and Raiders games. We lose KC, Steelers and Falcons(maybe)......I'm saying we win 5 home games and 5 away games with a 10-6 record!! ✌️

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Joe Ellis wants a Broncos game in London in 2020

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/...in-london-2020
    Of course he does.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

You don't want a London franchise, but at the same time, you don't mind entertaining the idea? Why do you think there are any games in London? To gauge the interest and viability of permanently having a team play abroad. By going to these games and buying tickets, whether intentionally or not, you are by definition supporting the endeavour. I just want to make that clear. You can't have both things.
    This is absolute nonsense. Are you saying I should boycott the London games unless I actively want a franchise in the UK? By simply attending the sport I love, I am funding some evil plan to land a team in London, and I should stay away?

Have a word with yourself!

This is absolute nonsense. Are you saying I should boycott the London games unless I actively want a franchise in the UK? By simply attending the sport I love, I am funding some evil plan to land a team in London, and I should stay away?

Have a word with yourself!
    You're being naive here.

Tell me, why are games being played in London? I'd love to hear your take on it.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

You're being naive here.

Tell me, why are games being played in London? I'd love to hear your take on it.
    My take on it is contained within a few posts Iíve made, pages 4-6 on this thread. Simply go and read them. Itís very easy to understand.

Back to the Broncos 2020 opponents, many of the teams will experience changes. In the AFC West the Chargers are likely to have a new quarterback. The Raiders could have a new quarterback, not to mention transition to Las Vegas.

Outside the division the Panthers will have new coaches and possibly a new quarterback. The Dolphins and Buccaneers might make a change at quarterback, although I think Miami might try to make a run with Fitzpatrick while they develop Rosen. Looks like Big Ben will try to comeback.

The landscape could change a lot before the season starts so itís really tough to predict (as always). Although Iím excited about Lock, heís still developing and I expect peaks and valleys.

You're being naive here.

No offense but you have talked a lot of rubbish about something I'm not sure you really understand.

For a start Poz was saying its brilliant for British and European fans to be able to see meaningful games, which it is. You wrongly thought he was talking about a franchise.

I live in England and have spoken to a lot of NFL fans here, and been on the forums, and the vast amount of people are not interested in having a franchise. That we all want one is a complete misconception. People are just happy having a few games to watch a year, and I don't think a franchise will ever come to London.

As far as why are games played over here. Part of it is money and you can cite that for pretty much anything, including the Raiders leaving Oakland, TNF games, etc etc........... but part of it is because they want to expand the game to a wider audience and to reward the dedicated fans in Europe with a cheaper and more viable way to watch live games.

Some people have watched the NFL all their lives at all hours of the night but cannot afford to travel to the States, it is extremely petty and small minded to say they can never have the chance to watch an NFL game live in their lifetime just so the States doesn't lose a few of its 256 regular season games.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    No offense but you have talked a lot of rubbish about something I'm not sure you really understand.

For a start Poz was saying its brilliant for British and European fans to be able to see meaningful games, which it is. You wrongly thought he was talking about a franchise.

I live in England and have spoken to a lot of NFL fans here, and been on the forums, and the vast amount of people are not interested in having a franchise. That we all want one is a complete misconception. People are just happy having a few games to watch a year, and I don't think a franchise will ever come to London.

As far as why are games played over here. Part of it is money and you can cite that for pretty much anything, including the Raiders leaving Oakland, TNF games, etc etc........... but part of it is because they want to expand the game to a wider audience and to reward the dedicated fans in Europe with a cheaper and more viable way to watch live games.

Some people have watched the NFL all their lives at all hours of the night but cannot afford to travel to the States, it is extremely petty and small minded to say they can never have the chance to watch an NFL game live in their lifetime just so the States doesn't lose a few of its 256 regular season games.
    Good post. Iíll bow out at this point. Thereís only so many times I can say these points and one individual seems hell bent on misunderstanding them...

1. I understand resentment to IS games in the USA.
    2. I love the fact real NFL is in the UK.
    3. Personally, I am not in favour of a franchise here.
    5. I do not think the endgame is necessarily a franchise.
    6. I think an expanded season and reduced pre-season provides opportunity for IS games, and US fans still getting their 8 home game regular season slate.

Simply my opinion, to which I am entitled, and have attempted to put across simply as that, an opinion.
    Last edited by pozbaird; 01-01-2020 at 11:28 AM.

Good post. Iíll bow out at this point. Thereís only so many times I can say these points and one individual seems hell bent on misunderstanding them...

6. I think an expanded season and reduced pre-season provides opportunity for IS games, and US fans still getting their 8 home game regular season slate.

Simply my opinion, to which I am entitled, and have attempted to put across simply as that, an opinion.
    Many fans are not supporting their team with attendance at home games. 2018 marked the lowest attendance since 2011 (I havenít seen the final numbers for 2019). There are several reasons attendance is declining, for example the LA Chargers transition with a small venue. However there are several teams struggling with good attendance. Even the Texans with a playoff caliber team had quite a few empty seats this season. The NFL might want to assess the value of adding a few more international games.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post

No, I did not. Read my post again.

I'm talking about the probable consequences of ones actions when multiplied by the thousands Ė no matter how great or personal your intentions are. He said it's fantastic to have games in London, and I challenged that statement because I'm opposed to the byproduct of thousands of fans going for their own personal gain. Like I'm about to tell Poz below, go see the games for all I care, just own it.

Petty and small minded is trying to rationalize everything and not understanding the greater things in play here.

I have no beef with your opinion or your support for games being played abroad. I'm not trying to shame you here either, so why you get all bent out of shape, I don't understand.

I'm just asking you to own it and understand that your actions aren't necessarily limited to that of your own personal gain. The result of thousands of fans with a similar mindset to yours is, in effect, paving the way for further expansion and eventually, a permanent franchise in London. That is the problem at hand, whether you want to acknowledge it or not. Truth isn't always convenient.

You say simply. Well, that would work in an isolated instance, which, unfortunately, this isn't. You're not just supporting one cause by going to games in London and to be quite frank, I'm sure you don't actually buy that baloney yourself.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan