• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingelway7
    Playmaker
    • Apr 2010

Ellis: Selling Team Is A Possibility

Joe Ellis says that due to the need of the entire Bowlen family to sign off on who succeeds their father, it’s possible that the team will be sold.

Reading between the lines, Ellis doesn’t believe Beth & Amie Bowlen will approve of Brittany Bowlen becoming the successor.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic
  • orange crush75
    Captain
    • Feb 2006

Yes more then likely . The League is probably getting tired of the stuff going on with the ownership.

Comment

• RocketArm006
      Totally Worth It
      • May 2008

Ugh. This is messy and it's affecting the organization on a fundamental level. I wish they would figure it out already. I don't know the parameters, but I believe the league can step in at some point. I'm basically crossing my fingers that it works out for the best. Right now, I think it is having a negative impact on the franchise.

Comment

• mojo0730
        Football Immortal
        • Oct 2006

I see this as nothing but a strong-arm tactic to try and get the children to support Brittany. The team could have always been sold under the trust, and they had to know that whoever they picked would be disputed by the other children.

To me this isn't really new news.
        sigpic

Comment

• mojo0730
          Football Immortal
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
          Ugh. This is messy and it's affecting the organization on a fundamental level. I wish they would figure it out already. I don't know the parameters, but I believe the league can step in at some point. I'm basically crossing my fingers that it works out for the best. Right now, I think it is having a negative impact on the franchise.
          I don't think it's affecting it to this extent. No former or current player has come out and stated how dysfunctional the organization is or that they're not getting paid or refusing to sign here because of the ownership situation.

I think this is fun stuff for the media to report on because it plays out like a tamer episode of Dalllas or Days of Our Lives. But even if Mr. B were still alive and not ill, I don't really see a significantly different result.
          sigpic

Comment

• beastlyskronk
            Football Immortal
            • Jun 2007

There’s got to be a compromise here somewhere right? Surely it can’t be Brittany or we sell? Why can’t Beth and Brittany just come together and be co-owners? They are still family, I can’t imagine that one side hates the other side so much that they’d let Ellis Force a sale

Ellis just wants to make sure he keeps his greasy little fingers in all things Broncos.

Comment

• Sam_Z
              Banned User
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
              Yes more then likely . The League is probably getting tired of the stuff going on with the ownership.
              It’s hard to say because Goodell has a close relationship with Beth Bowlen, however an extremely close friendship with Joe Ellis. At the moment, Goodell is kind of torn in between so a sale at some point could be a real possibility.

However the nfl is actually fine with what is going on with the teams record, they don’t care if teams lose. Somebody has to lose.

They care how teams operate and this court battle is not a good thing for public relations however don’t expect Bezos or anyone else to buy the team anytime soon. I’ve asked. And been told in no uncertain terms “NO”!

In my personal opinion I’d say nothing is happening soon so get used to what we have and that is Joe Ellis.
              Last edited by Sam_Z; 12-30-2019, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• DanEllis
                Practice Squad
                • Dec 2003

I agree that the infighting within the Bowlen Family needs to stop. They are hurting the team as a whole from administration to the team itself. Furthermore, the ownership should sell the team, and hire a new GM to give the Denver Broncos a better attitude and a fresh start.
                D.E

Comment

• Jonny_Quest
                  Playmaker
                  • Dec 2010

Hope everyone is excited to root for the Palo Alto Broncos :x

Comment

• mozzerpete
                    All-Pro
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
                    Hope everyone is excited to root for the Palo Alto Broncos :x
                    or the London Broncos.

Comment

• beastlyskronk
                      Football Immortal
                      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by DanEllis View Post
                      I agree that the infighting within the Bowlen Family needs to stop. They are hurting the team as a whole from administration to the team itself. Furthermore, the ownership should sell the team, and hire a new GM to give the Denver Broncos a better attitude and a fresh start.
                      Of course you would Joe, I mean Dan

Comment

• brianmcfarlane
                        Football Immortal
                        • Dec 2012

Keeping the team in the Bowlen Family Is A Possibility as much or more than the title suggests. The siblings have stated there is no "infighting" and Pat Bowlen's directives are to keep it in the family. Realistically, they have until the end of the 2021 season to works this out. The path they are on looks to be inline with the Pat Bowlen Trust. :2cents:
                        sigpic

Comment

• CheyennePress
                          Captain
                          • Nov 2013

I would certainly hope this could stay within the family. The last thing this team needs is out of town, corporate ownership. Keep it local.

Comment

• sra84
                            Football Immortal
                            • Mar 2019

Doesn't seem to be affecting the team, yet, so, not worried.

If only I had a few billion dollars, I'd put in an offer.

Comment

• BroncoFanDK
                              All-Pro
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
                              or the London Broncos.
                              Would make it much easier to get to the games

Comment

Working...
                              X