• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sam_Z
    Banned User
    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    To be fair to the Bowlen children or anyone else who may wind up in that position, we're talking about BILLIONS of dollars. And Mr. Bowlen essentially set this all in motion with the formation of the trust in the first place. He could have just named one heir to the Broncos and that would have been that. The formation of the trust and this selection process seems designed to illicit a battle for the team.
    He chose the trust with the idea of his youngest daughter inheriting the team.
    At least that is what we are told anyway Brittany was far too young at the time and still is.

That is why he formed the trust. Now I understand that there are some old souls at a young age out there but I do not believe Brittany to be a person on that level therefore the trust was formed. Besides the NFL has an age qualification that needs to be honored as well and for good reason.

Comment

• mojo0730
      Football Immortal
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
      He chose the trust with the idea of his youngest daughter inheriting the team.
      At least that is what we are told anyway Brittany was far too young at the time and still is.

That is why he formed the trust. Now I understand that there are some old souls at a young age out there but I do not believe Brittany to be a person on that level therefore the trust was formed. Besides the NFL has an age qualification that needs to be honored as well and for good reason.
      If all Mr. Bowlen wanted to do was name Brittany as his successor, there would have been zero need for the trust.
      sigpic

Comment

• Joshua2585
        All-Pro
        • Jun 2011

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
        If all Mr. Bowlen wanted to do was name Brittany as his successor, there would have been zero need for the trust.
        People can change, but from what I know about Brittany (from just 5 or so years ago) and how she treats people and views others less fortunate than herself, I'd strongly prefer to sell the team.

When you are surrounded by opulence and hundreds of millions of dollars your whole life, I'm sure it's EXTREMELY difficult to stay grounded as a human. Nobody on these boards will have the vaguest understanding of how she was raised (including myself). With that being said, it's not an excuse. Common decency and respect for your fellow man is something that is inherit in a person.

Sell the team to someone who is a self-made, decent person, who understands the challenges of how to build oneself and a business from the ground up. Just my 2c.

Comment

• mojo0730
          Football Immortal
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Joshua2585 View Post
          People can change, but from what I know about Brittany (from just 5 or so years ago) and how she treats people and views others less fortunate than herself, I'd strongly prefer to sell the team.

When you are surrounded by opulence and hundreds of millions of dollars your whole life, I'm sure it's EXTREMELY difficult to stay grounded as a human. Nobody on these boards will have the vaguest understanding of how she was raised (including myself). With that being said, it's not an excuse. Common decency and respect for your fellow man is something that is inherit in a person.

Sell the team to someone who is a self-made, decent person, who understands the challenges of how to build oneself and a business from the ground up. Just my 2c.
          I don't know these people one iota. But it's clear Mr. Bowlen himself had doubts or he wouldn't have set up the trust to select someone, with the added caveat that if they didn't feel comfortable enough with one of the 7 children they could sell the team.
          sigpic

Comment

• Butler By'Note
            Super Moderator
            • Dec 2008

Just read an interesting nugget in an article on The Athletic written by Nicky Jhabvala:

The Broncos are currently in a marital trust, which means it belongs to Annabel Bowlen. The Trustees can't sell the team or even appoint one of the children as controlling owner until Annabel passes away. Once Annabel passes the team will then be moved to a common trust and things can unfold.

So essentially this ownership situation is likely to stay status quo for the foreseeable future.

Here's a link to the article, you'll need a subscription to the Athletic to read it though.

Comment

Working...
            X