Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    When I saw that play, I was like,
    "Where has that urgency been these past few years?"

Is Miller hurt, unmotivated, or losing his step?

I don't know, but I'd like to see more of that given
    his cap number and star power.

I kind of felt both. At first I was thinking it was the new system but as the season went on I started thinking he's injured but not letting on.

And I've always felt the vets on D have been less and less motivated & more and more frustrated with each passing season having to cover for the ineptness on offense these past 3-4 seasons.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Miller's "dip" a great play/signature is not the only time he has done similar since 2015; it was incredible though and maybe the best he has done in awhile? And that was after he went out for an injury; he must be relatively ok?
    I have also seen that move or similar from Attoachu and Malik Reed this season, that tells me he is active in "coaching" the younger ones that move as well. I think, Attoachu even used that move to pressure or sack the QB in the last game?
    Last edited by brianmcfarlane; 12-31-2019 at 06:52 PM.

Expected but welcome news!
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Nice. Face of the franchise.

Miller just needs more interior pressure for him to be even better. He had his best years playing with Malik Jackson.
    Go Hard or Go Home

Prior to the trade deadline the Broncos reportedly took exploratory calls from several teams interesting in Von, Wolfe and Harris Jr. There probably wasnít enough value offered for Von relative to what he can contribute over the next couple of seasons. The opportunity to trade Von was 2017-18, maybe even before this season started. Von appeared to play better with Lock making the team more competitive. Maybe with Chubb back cutting back a few snaps Von can have a more consistent impact in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Prior to the trade deadline the Broncos reportedly took exploratory calls from several teams interesting in Von, Wolfe and Harris Jr. There probably wasnít enough value offered for Von relative to what he can contribute over the next couple of seasons. The opportunity to trade Von was 2017-18, maybe even before this season started. Von appeared to play better with Lock making the team more competitive. Maybe with Chubb back cutting back a few snaps Von can have a more consistent impact in 2020.
    They took calls.....not shopped that's the difference. Von to Denver has a lot more value than Von to anyone else so Elway wasn't just going to let him go for nothing. The same goes for the other guys too. John knows we're more than likely getting a 3rd and a 4th compensatory pick for letting Harris and Wolfe go so any offer worse than that would be foolish

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    They took calls.....not shopped that's the difference. Von to Denver has a lot more value than Von to anyone else so Elway wasn't just going to let him go for nothing. The same goes for the other guys too. John knows we're more than likely getting a 3rd and a 4th compensatory pick for letting Harris and Wolfe go so any offer worse than that would be foolish
    The real opportunity was to trade Von was after the 2017 or 2018 season. I believe he would have yielded 1st and 2nd round picks, or at least a 1st and 3rd. Elway mistakenly believed he had a competitive roster with the likes of Keenum and Flacco. I would have much rather had the draft picks, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    The real opportunity was to trade Von was after the 2017 or 2018 season. I believe he would have yielded 1st and 2nd round picks, or at least a 1st and 3rd. Elway mistakenly believed he had a competitive roster with the likes of Keenum and Flacco. I would have much rather had the draft picks, but it is what it is.
    Agree with that, and it's probably a great example of the saying, "make a move a year too early rather than a year too late". I now think because of this Von has more value here than elsewhere, and why I am a fan of keeping him around longer, despite a dip in his play and production the past 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Agree with that, and it's probably a great example of the saying, "make a move a year too early rather than a year too late". I now think because of this Von has more value here than elsewhere, and why I am a fan of keeping him around longer, despite a dip in his play and production the past 2 years.
    He is still explosive. What has been lacking has been effort, not physical ability. If not for his effort in the second half of the Oakland game (the first half was pitiful) I would be ready to move on from him because i was weary of seeing his apathy.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Agree, as at this point there is more value with him on the roster vs a mid-round pick. Maybe a team would have offered a 2nd rd pick, but hard to know at this point. He definitely finished the season strong despite the banged up knee. In the Raiders game Von was key on the 4th and goal stop and he had a nice sack. With young guys like Reed and Attaochu they might be able to reduce Vonís snap count to keep him fresh. If the offense can play with a lead more often it would put Von in position to win some matchups.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    He is still explosive. What has been lacking has been effort, not physical ability. If not for his effort in the second half of the Oakland game (the first half was pitiful) I would be ready to move on from him because i was weary of seeing his apathy.
    I don't know if it's due to lack of effort,
    but if that's the case, then what about all
    the games where he failed to give effort,
    yet still collected a fat paycheck?

The question in my head remains,
    is Miller truly worthy of a roster spot
    given his salary, dip in stats and
    "lack of effort attitude" especially
    around other teammates?

I don't know; I hope Elway is correct.