Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2019 Season Shout Outs

How about some random good things about this season?

Shout out to Phillip Lindsay who became the first UDFA to rush for 1000+ yards in his first two seasons. Maybe even more impressive is (if I remember correctly) he hasn't fumbled in his career. And the guy wasn't even invited to the combine.

And Shoutout to Shelby who lead the NFL in DL pass deflections, including the game saver in the last game of the season.

Some real nice surprises this year

Purcel to DT was a good move.

Shelby has a good year after the move to DE.

AJ was another welcomed surprise starter

I was down on Hamilton early on, but he looked pretty good to finish the season.

Moving Jackson to S was another good move.

In all, I think we have a few nice diamonds in the rough.

Shout out to Courtland Sutton with over 1,000 yards receiving who emerged as a potent #1 receiver. I don't know the final tally but he was near tops at drawing penalties before the Oakland game (12) and he got a few more there. Certainly finished with 10 straight games as drawing flags on the defense and earned some high praise from Scangs with the comparison of Sutton to Julio Jones "“We watch a lot of Julio film; I always felt like Julio was the best receiver I’ve ever seen,” Scangarello said. “He’s just a different person. and (Sutton) has a lot of those same qualities.”"

Also to Hamilton. He started out shaky but finished very well. I feel more confident going in to next season with him as a #2

for The whole new coaching staff...their impact was seen near he end of the season... re-instilling a winner attitude. Making do with the Flacco, and o-line, and decimated secondary...
    Last edited by EddieMac; 12-31-2019 at 03:53 PM.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

On defense it was great to see DeMarcus Walker resurrect his career. Alexander Johnson played with the intensity the defense needs every game. Jeremiah Attaochu made some nice plays. Despite the off-field incident, I liked the intensity Kareem Jackson brought to the defense.

On offense it was great to see Lindsay hit 1000 yards for the second season. Sutton balled out and looking forward to seeing Lock>Sutton for years to come. Beck was versatile and made some nice plays. I was glad to see Hamilton bounce back after a few rough moments. We still need another receiving threat but Hamilton could be a solid contributor. It was also great to see Fant make some great plays after a rough start. Risner had a great rookie season. Risner is a building block for the O-line. Last but not least, Drew Lock brought back excitement and hope for the future.

I think Will Parks is deserving of a mention. He always gives 100% effort whenever he's on the field, and it was evident against the Raiders on the play where he chased down Darren Waller, which prevented a TD.

Walker, Purcell, Lindsay Sutton, Hamilton, Fant, Risner, Johnson, Simmons, Jackson, Jano, Parks and of course Lock.

The future looks bright.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post
    I think Will Parks is deserving of a mention. He always gives 100% effort whenever he's on the field, and it was evident against the Raiders on the play where he chased down Darren Waller, which prevented a TD.
    Indeed, Will Parks is a Swiss Army knife of a DB that needs to be kept.

Id also like to shout out Trey Marshall. He stepped in for Kareem Jackson and played very well especially against Oakland. If he can step up and we resign Parks and Simmons, CB might not be as big of a need as it appears to be now

A down year that ended on a good note, for the first time since the 2015 season.

A shout out to hope in the new year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Shout out to Courtland Sutton with over 1,000 yards receiving who emerged as a potent #1 receiver. I don't know the final tally but he was near tops at drawing penalties before the Oakland game (12) and he got a few more there. Certainly finished with 10 straight games as drawing flags on the defense and earned some high praise from Scangs with the comparison of Sutton to Julio Jones "“We watch a lot of Julio film; I always felt like Julio was the best receiver I’ve ever seen,” Scangarello said. “He’s just a different person. and (Sutton) has a lot of those same qualities.”"

Also to Hamilton. He started out shaky but finished very well. I feel more confident going in to next season with him as a #2

Agreed. Sutton would be my pick for Bronco offensive player of the year....if there were such a thing.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

McGovern is not a stud by any means. He didn't really do anything to stand out and have anyone say good things......but.......there were MAJOR concerns from this board AND the coaching staff in pre-season if memory serves me correct. I have not seen any comments about the need to draft a center....so....kudos to Conner for getting the job done !

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    A down year that ended on a good note, for the first time since the 2015 season.

A shout out to hope in the new year.

Yeah....I'm going with the decision to "finally" give hope that we have a franchise QB in the midst. To Drew Lock especially, because he has brought us a nice chunk of that hope, a cannon of an arm, mobility, leadership and energy. And WINS!!! Yes we were down...3 and 8, but finished way up, 4 and 1!!! I see no reason why we can't take that into next season, and feel like a playoff team from the get go.

Can I give lock a shout out for posting this stat line

22-of-27 for 309 yards, three touchdowns and an interception

That's a super nice stat line for a rookie

The TE group in general made some good plays for us when Lock was playing.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    The TE group in general made some good plays for us when Lock was playing.
    Seriously. Beck came out of freaking nowhere and showed some serious versatility. Fant is starting quality and Heurmann plays well in spot duty.

Beck was definitely a big surprise late in the season.