Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Seriously. Beck came out of freaking nowhere and showed some serious versatility. Fant is starting quality and Heurmann plays well in spot duty.

Beck was definitely a big surprise late in the season.
    This is probably the only compliment he'll get, but did anyone else notice Bolles manhandle the Raiders DE on Beck's TD?

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Seriously. Beck came out of freaking nowhere and showed some serious versatility. Fant is starting quality and Heurmann plays well in spot duty.

Beck was definitely a big surprise late in the season.
    Two Fullbacks are not normally carried on NFL rosters. Andrew Beck can play TE, H-Back, Wing and Fullback. He is also a major STs contributor.

Andy Janovich missed the first few games. When he returned and subsequently went on IR, Denver's offense would have been seriously limited and handicapped without an effective Fullback. Beck got the job done.

Beck is a rookie and a good blocker. He is also a good receiver. He has a rushing attempt for a first down. He has a pass completion that converted a 4th down IIRC. He made the key block on Phillip Lindsey's TD run against the Lions. Now he has a red zone TD reception. That makes two back formations harder to defend in the RZ. IMO he's a keeper.
    Last edited by samparnell; 01-02-2020 at 08:52 PM.

I think we could give quite a few some shoutouts honestly. I'll give mine to Hamilton. I was obviously high on him being a Penn State fan, and I was really worried at the beginning of the year, especially after last season. He really looked to be struggling. Something clicked when Drew came in, and I think he can be a good #2 Starter. It's nice to FINALLY have a PSU player on my favorite NFL team. WE ARE!!

2019 Adopt-A-Bronco -- Philip Lindsay -- The Tasmanian Devil
    Let's Go Broncos, Pirates, Penguins, Penn State & Tony Stewart!
    US Navy 8/15/06-CURRENT ~~ EN1(SCW) ~~ ACB-2

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Two Fullbacks are not normally carried on NFL rosters. Andrew Beck can play TE, H-Back, Wing and Fullback. He is also a major STs contributor.

Andy Janovich missed the first few games. When he returned and subsequently went on IR, Denver's offense would have been seriously limited and handicapped without an effective Fullback. Beck got the job done.

Beck is a rookie and a good blocker. He is also a good receiver. He has a rushing attempt for a first down. He has a pass completion that converted a 4th down IIRC. He made the key block on Phillip Lindsey's TD run against the Lions. Now he has a red zone TD reception. That makes two back formations harder to defend in the RZ. IMO he's a keeper.
    Definitely a keeper. All of that and he has good size. I was pleasantly surprised and happy with his play. Love his versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post

I love Jano but Iím going with Beck on this one, I saw him in training camp and the preseason, liked what I saw, the guy is definitely a keeper!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I love Jano but I’m going with Beck on this one, I saw him in training camp and the preseason, liked what I saw, the guy is definitely a keeper!
    i think you might be thinking of Austin Fort, cause he was looking good in camp. Beck was in camp with the Patriots and released in their final cutdown, Denver claimed him from that.

But I would fully agree with you about Fort, I didn't see him in camp, but watching in preseason he looked really good, both look like keepers.

Love me Jano...maybe booker goes and they keep him..leaving a bruiser, blocker and catcher for 3rd downs...and a lot of creative formations with rb/te
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    i think you might be thinking of Austin Fort, cause he was looking good in camp. Beck was in camp with the Patriots and released in their final cutdown, Denver claimed him from that.

But I would fully agree with you about Fort, I didn't see him in camp, but watching in preseason he looked really good, both look like keepers.
    Youíre right dude! Damn howíd I scroo that up! Lol

Anyway if Fort comes back healthy denver should be well off at the position but yeah I was thinking of Fort and it was because of him and Sutton that I told Baph we were stacked at reciever.

"it was a hell of a year, man," Risner said after Sunday's season finale against Oakland. "How blessed am i to be able to play the game that I love, run out there at Empower Field and look at the seats where I used to sit as a kid, wishing I played? ... Being able to have so many people to support me, to be able to represent for my small town, what a blessed year. ... It was a blessed year as a rookie. I can't wait to not be called a rook. I'm going to start calling myself a vet everywhere I go now."

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Love me Jano...maybe booker goes and they keep him..leaving a bruiser, blocker and catcher for 3rd downs...and a lot of creative formations with rb/te
    Well in reality Philip Lindsay is supposed to be the change of pace back while the team was hoping that Freeman would be the feature back. Thatís what they wanted, itís what they wanted him to be, that every down back with Lindsey being the change of pace back.

It does not look like Freeman is becoming that, now I know heíll get another chance next year however maybe we already have that every down back in Andy Janovich.

He may not look as pretty running the ball but he could be every bit as strong as Stephen Jackson was while running the ball. The guy is a bruiser and he should actually get a look at running back since we actually do need an every down back.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Iím a fan of Jano too and seems as if most of the fan base loves him. Between injuries and limited snaps heís been used does he have enough of a role? Just seems like heís never been used to his potential.

I'll throw one out to Noah Fant. He had his struggles, especially, early, but he held in there, and, he showed flashes of what he can be.

I was critical of Denver selecting him, and season long woes have, at times, supportef those thoughts. But to his credit, he weathered the storm and provided some big plays.

I think he can make strides much like Sutton did. Mental toughness is as important for a player to succeed.
    Last edited by sra84; 01-03-2020 at 01:20 PM.

I wanted to give the Red Zone Defense a Shout Out ! WOW They really killed it in the Red Zone They Shut KC and Mahomes Down and that job they did vs the Oakland Raiders just sealed the deal I believe as the #1 Red Zone Defense in the NFL !

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    I wanted to give the Red Zone Defense a Shout Out ! WOW They really killed it in the Red Zone They Shut KC and Mahomes Down and that job they did vs the Oakland Raiders just sealed the deal I believe as the #1 Red Zone Defense in the NFL !
    ^^^X2^^^

Might be even better with healthy bodies and a few additions in the draft. Good Job Evil Genius
    [

I could echo most of the shoutouts already given but of my three, I'll only repeat one:

1) The coaching staff. I though Scangarello improved as the season went on and I thought Fangio did a great job holding this team together and coaching them into finishing strong.
    2) John Elway. He had another impressive draft class with lots of contributors.
    3) Isaac Yiadom. I thought he really improved over the course of the season and was making lots of plays for us late in the year. He was a huge liability early in the season and he really worked hard and improved.
    Proud resident of Broncos Country!!!