This will sound silly, stupid even, to some, but we shold hire Luck as QB coach.

I know I know, won't happen, never happen, blah blah blah. BUT, the colts haven't put him on their staff, like they should have from the jump, and he's a maniac when it comes to football. Can't you wonder what Andrew Luck could do for the career of Drew Lock? Seems like a match made in heaven to me. Lock has the arm and linebacker mentality that Luck had, and with Luck's film habits and game preparation, who knows what improvements Lock could make year 2.

Anyway, just a thought. Maybe the guy wants nothing to do with the NFL. Would be shocking if that were true, but you never know.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Two things: 1. His wife just gave birth in November to their first child. I'm not sure he's going to want to work the long hours at this point in his life. I could see him coaching at a High School, but that's a few hours per day, not the long hours NFL coaches work. 2. I'm not entirely sure that he's done playing. He's had a year off and is feeling healthy, I think we'll start hearing teams kicking the tires in the next month or two. Frankly I wouldn't be shocked if the Colts were calling him every day at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    2. I'm not entirely sure that he's done playing. He's had a year off and is feeling healthy, I think we'll start hearing teams kicking the tires in the next month or two. Frankly I wouldn't be shocked if the Colts were calling him every day at this point.
    Boss said somethin about that last week. He read an article somewhere that stated someone thought he would come back.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

if i want to bring in a former Colts QB in a coaching or front office role. it would be Peyton Manning

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    if i want to bring in a former Colts QB in a coaching or front office role. it would be Peyton Manning
    Agreed.
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Peyton Manning is never going to be a QB coach.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Manning taling to Lock and meeting with him in the offseason is probably as much as he'll do coaching wise.

I think he would make an outstanding WR coach.

Not crazy, not at all. I would love to see Denver hire a consultant of some sort to help with Lock in the off-season. I will assume Lock has his own quarterback coach, but anyone who has played at the NFL level with some success would be a great mentor. And I know if there is one position coach on the team I am looking to upgrade, it's the quarterback coach, our current one has zero qualifications to have the job.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    I think he would make an outstanding WR coach.
    Him or Welker.

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    Peyton Manning is never going to be a QB coach.
    I never said specifically qb coach, plus I wanna see what TC McCartney does as a qb coach. Being the son of the cu coach McCartney he has good coaching ties

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Sure, but Peyton is infinitely more unlikely to coach considering his expressed distaste for the idea.
    Last edited by Papa-pwn; 12-31-2019 at 11:12 PM.

I never said specifically qb coach, plus I wanna see what TC McCartney does as a qb coach. Being the son of the cu coach McCartney he has good coaching ties
    Grandson?