• MHOC
    Starter
    • Mar 2013

What do you give up

To get Jeudy?
  • Fantaztic7
    Banned User
    • Dec 2015

Nothing. Don’t overreact to the Vrbo Citrus Bowl. His opening play TD was against a freshman cornerback with no help from a S. Jeudy is a highly talented player but there are great receivers to draft in this class.

Comment

• JvDub95
      Football Immortal
      • Jan 2005

Nothing, I don't want WR in the 1st but if we did take one I'd either rather just sit tight and take whichever one fell. Or....trade back and take one later. Deep class, no need to over reach when the next best WR is darn near just as good....if not equal to

​​​​

Comment

• CanDB
        Football Immortal
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
        Nothing, I don't want WR in the 1st but if we did take one I'd either rather just sit tight and take whichever one fell. Or....trade back and take one later. Deep class, no need to over reach when the next best WR is darn near just as good....if not equal to
        Sound logic. It's always about need and value. Need has to be addressed in FA and/or The Draft, but value is where you get competitive advantage. In this case, if there is a deep class of WRs, you can afford to wait, because you are likely to find a good one and not pay a big price. Sure, the top WRs will be coveted by some teams, but the question is, do we need to give away a load of capital for one of those receivers, when we can fill a big need - OT, or even CB, in round one? I see us being set with Sutton and at least one good WR in this draft, but not necessarily utilizing our top pick, and possibly even more.

Solidify the fort first. Find a WR within our first 3 picks, and go heavy in D otherwise.

Comment

• johnlimburg
          Ring of Famer
          • Sep 2009

It's overreaction season, and NFL teams bite on it as much as fans. These games, guys will emerge and sky rocket up boards due to one off performances and outliers. At the end of his rookie year I admitted to being wrong about Baker Mayfield as I didn't even think he was worthy of being a first round pick, and he looked good out the gate, but I have now taken that admission back, and he stands as a great example of late season games garnering to much praise over full bodies of work.

Comment

• FL BRONCO
            Traveling Mod
            • Mar 2010

Nothing.......
            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Jonny_Quest
              Playmaker
              • Dec 2010

Nothing.

Trading up for Julio Jones set the Falcons back years. It's why they're so thin all over the roster.

Hang on to your picks like they're money because they are. Trade down for more.

Comment

• orange crush75
                Captain
                • Feb 2006

+ 10 on nothing !

Comment

• beastlyskronk
                  Football Immortal
                  • Jun 2007

I wouldn’t want to trade up for a WR either but do you trust our WR coach to develop a less polished player more than Munchak could along the oline?

Comment

• samparnell
                    Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                    • Nov 2007

I hope Elway & Co. assemble a well researched draft board and stay true to it. I hope they don't reach. In the past, Elway has moved back to get more picks, and up to get certain guys. I'm inclined to think we may see some of that in 2020, too. I'm sure they will be well aware of the depth at each position if they feel need at certain spots.

At the moment there are 86 players including Joel Heath. A number of Denver's UFAs will test their market, and won't be back. Others will be released. Elway has made a number of claims from the waiver wire and has assembled a good group. Injuries gave depth players a chance to prove themselves on the field. Denver's coaching staff has a good evaluation of the current group.

There will be enough cap space to re-sign some of Denver's own UFAs, and some from other teams. When all is said and done, the Broncos will probably have the youngest roster in the league. After departures and releases, there will probably be 15-20 new faces including draftees, free agents and UDFAs.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                      Super Moderator
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                      It's overreaction season, and NFL teams bite on it as much as fans. These games, guys will emerge and sky rocket up boards due to one off performances and outliers. At the end of his rookie year I admitted to being wrong about Baker Mayfield as I didn't even think he was worthy of being a first round pick, and he looked good out the gate, but I have now taken that admission back, and he stands as a great example of late season games garnering to much praise over full bodies of work.
                      Yep. Remember Clowney climbed to first overall pick because of one hit in one meaningless bowl game. And if you look back at his career, he's good but not nearly good enough to be the first overall pick. But man did the Michigan RB's helmet pop off...

As for Jeudy, I would not trade up for him. It's a deep draft at receiver and I don't think it's the biggest need on O.

Comment

• JvDub95
                        Football Immortal
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                        I wouldn’t want to trade up for a WR either but do you trust our WR coach to develop a less polished player more than Munchak could along the oline?
                        I'll be honest, I don't even know who our WR coach is LOL....

Regardless, coaches that coach in the NFL are coaching there for a reason. Just like the players that make it to the pros, they are the best of their field. Is our WR coach the last ranked WR coach in the league? I would doubt it seeing how Sutton has blossomed and Hamilton resurgence the last month of football.

​​​​

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                          Football Immortal
                          • May 2010

Nothing I would rather have Viska or Ruggs at 15 then move up for jeudey
                          sigpic
                          oakland raders gm
                          latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• johnlimburg
                            Ring of Famer
                            • Sep 2009

I'll be honest, I don't even know who our WR coach is LOL....

Regardless, coaches that coach in the NFL are coaching there for a reason. Just like the players that make it to the pros, they are the best of their field. Is our WR coach the last ranked WR coach in the league? I would doubt it seeing how Sutton has blossomed and Hamilton resurgence the last month of football.
                            That isn't true at all. There are a multitude of examples of coaches, especially position coaches who skate by job to job from location to location strictly due to familiarity and friendship. Look at this past off-season here, wasn't the hang up with Kubiak returning because he wanted to bring on position coaches he liked, guys he was comfortable with, but the organisation wasn't having it, due to recent failures amongst those position groups under said position coaches ?

Look at our quarterback coach, who is he ? The guy has exactly zero resume at all as a player or as a coach, yet we are allowing him to mould our most valuable asset going into the future ? Dumb. T.C McCartney did not start one game as quarterback at LSU, he was a quality control guy on a couple of staffs over the last 5 years, and is now a quarterback coach. He might have a coaches temperament based on his upbringing and such, but he doesn't have the knowledge, skills, or even minor league success to draw on to pass onto a young quarterback.

I remember in 2011 everyone was talking about Tyke Tolbert, our recievers coach at the time questioning who he had ever developed at the NFL level. He had been in the position in a bunch of places around the league, but hadn't really developed anyone. This was after 2011 when the Tebow crazies constantly question Thomas and Deckers hands when they were putting down Tebow passes. Yet, a year later Manning is here, we have Pro-Bowl recievers, and they continue to develop under Tolbert. Was Tolbert all of a sudden a good coach ? Or did we have good guys who Manning elevated ?

Comment

• myoung
                              Captain
                              • Mar 2004

I like Jeudy a lot and if he somehow fell to 1( I would love to pick him, but please do not trade up to get him. If anything trade back and pick up another 2nd or 3rd

Comment

Working...
                              X