Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 round Mock

3 round Mock

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock-nfl-...t.php?d=gtwfqs

15. WR Jeudy (Higgins went like 4th overall?)
    46. LB Kenneth Murray
    77. DL Jordan Elliott
    83. RB JK Dobbins
    93. G Solomon Kindley

No, wide reciever regardless of "best player available" cannot be the pick. We do this every year as fans. All year when this team sucks, we complain that our offensive line is killing us, and it has been the main problem with this offense for what, 4, 5 straight years ? Then it comes around to draft time and everyone gets bored looking at offensive lineman, and get drawn towards the highlights of flashy players. We need help in the offensive trench, badly, and any draft which adds one offensive lineman, and not until the 3rd round, and it's a guard, is terrible. Also then spending a 3rd round pick on a running back is horrible, sorry.

Good picks, mine were -

15 - OT ANDREW THOMAS, GEORGIA

46 - WR TYLER JOHNSON, MINNESOTA

77 - LB MALIK HARRISON, OHIO STATE

83 - RB ZACK MOSS, UTAH

95 - DL LEKI FOTU, UTAH

Nice!! Iíd rather have Thomas over Jeudy. He was gone in my mock. We need all the talent around Lock. I couldnít believe Dobbins was there in the 3rd. Let Booker walk and thatís nasty 3 head RB Monster

Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    Nice!! I’d rather have Thomas over Jeudy. He was gone in my mock. We need all the talent around Lock. I couldn’t believe Dobbins was there in the 3rd. Let Booker walk and that’s nasty 3 head RB Monster
    Although I enjoy these mocks there is no way Jeudy or Thomas are falling out the top 10, let alone get to 15. In my mock Jeudy was picked at 3.

Its all good fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    No, wide reciever regardless of "best player available" cannot be the pick. We do this every year as fans. All year when this team sucks, we complain that our offensive line is killing us, and it has been the main problem with this offense for what, 4, 5 straight years ? Then it comes around to draft time and everyone gets bored looking at offensive lineman, and get drawn towards the highlights of flashy players. We need help in the offensive trench, badly, and any draft which adds one offensive lineman, and not until the 3rd round, and it's a guard, is terrible. Also then spending a 3rd round pick on a running back is horrible, sorry.
    Dobbins will go in the first rd or early 2nd. I like value over drafting a reach. Hopefully In my draft scenario we picked up Oline during free agency

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Although I enjoy these mocks there is no way Jeudy or Thomas are falling out the top 10, let alone get to 15. In my mock Jeudy was picked at 3.

Its all good fun though.
    Agreed. Is Higgins really good? Det took him 3rd over all in my mock

If we take a flashy skill position player..unless an incredible one drop inexplicably...I’ll throw stuff at my tv...then throw my TV at other stuff...

We need trench players... badly.,
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Dobbins will go in the first rd or early 2nd. I like value over drafting a reach. Hopefully In my draft scenario we picked up Oline during free agency
    I believe teams do you draft "best player available", but there is always an element of need thrown into that mix. I prefer to add players, talented players, players who will be worthy of being drafted at that spot inside the trenches or the defensive back field to actually address need and value. Also, free agency offensive lineman get way overpaid, look at James. Are we going to add another huge contract like that ? Are we going to keep Leary ? Are we re-signing McGovern ? Are we going to have 4 offensive lineman spots earning more than 8 million per season ? We need to build the offensive line through the draft, or continue to have losing seasons.

Agreed. Is Higgins really good? Det took him 3rd over all in my mock
    I tend to trust Scott Wrights NFL draft countdown and he has him going 26 to Buffalo in a recent mock.

R1P15 WR Ceedee Lamb, Oklahoma
    Sutton, Lamb, Fant

R2P14 RB D'andre Swift, Georgia
    Lindsay's potential replacement.

R3P13 CB Paulson Adebo, Stanford
    Starting CB opposite Levonta Taylor

R3P19 OT Cole Van Lanen, Wisconsin
    Competes at LT.

R3P31 CB Levonta Taylor, Florida State
    Chris Harris Jr's replacement.

OL, DL, LB via FA.

Statistically speaking I don't know where Denver ended up being ranked on kickoff and punt coverage, but I know it was near the bottom of the league. Now I realize you don't draft for special teams, but if we don't start finding some late round players who can cover kicks, our defense is going to have short fields to defend again next year. I honestly don't know how or if special teams ability is calculated when evaluating draft picks, but whatever we've been looking at in order to man the unit, we've been doing it wrong. IMHO.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

15. Isiah Simmons. LB
    46. PRINCE TEGA WANOGHO. OT
    77. Lynn Bowden. WR
    83. Lamar Jackson. CB
    95. Cesar Ruiz. C/G
    120. Shaquill Quarterman. LB
    139. Lucas Niang. OT/G

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    Statistically speaking I don't know where Denver ended up being ranked on kickoff and punt coverage, but I know it was near the bottom of the league. Now I realize you don't draft for special teams, but if we don't start finding some late round players who can cover kicks, our defense is going to have short fields to defend again next year. I honestly don't know how or if special teams ability is calculated when evaluating draft picks, but whatever we've been looking at in order to man the unit, we've been doing it wrong. IMHO.
    Thats that lack of depth at LB, CB and WR...

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    You absolutely in no form or fashion draft need over BPA. That’s how Elway landed Bolles and had a horrendous 2017 draft. He’s done a good job these past two seasons going BPA.

I too badly want a Tackle but you don’t do it just to do it.

Also your comment on taking a rb 3rd round being horrible makes no sense. Why? There absolutely are backs in the nfl the last few seasons that have been higher and been worth it. Do you just mean because we have Lindsay and freeman? I lost faith in freeman this year. I’m not convinced he will ever pan out.

I love Lindsay but he needs help and I’m also not convinced we can’t still do better.