Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Justin Simmons 2nd Team All Pro

Congratulations to Justin Simmons on being named a Second Team All Pro safety!

All Pro....Impressive!!!

Well deserved this season...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

He needs to stay a Bronco for a long time, get it done John!!!

Seen where Eddie Jackson in Chicago got an extension, wonder how it will compare to what Justin Simmons wants/gets?

Gratz Justin Simmons

It is not easy getting this kind of recognition on teams that did not have a winning record.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    He needs to stay a Bronco for a long time, get it done John!!!
    I want us to establish the future by nailing down cornerstone players. Guys like Miller and Harris are no longer the "future", though they served us extremely well til now.

But it's a time for a new generation of long term warriors...including Simmons. He's our Dbackfield standout. Same goes for Lindsay and Sutton and Risner and I believe, Lock. On D, we need to find a few more pivotal "rocks". If Miller and Harris are not quite as effective, and stay, they can still be key players. But I am thinking more along the lines of Chubb and Simmons, and hopefully one or two of our current group taking a step forward. But offseason will be an essential time to add the right pieces to bring our D back to elite level.

Congrats to Simmons, hope he remains a Bronco and I know hes a big play guy but look what Fangio has done for K-Jack and Will Parks!

If he wants ridiculous money, I say let him go and sign someone else.

High honors and hopefully a sign of future success.

A great season was had no doubt, and very timely for Simmons moving forward. I don't know if I would pay him the money of a top safety in the NFL, I am torn. Simmons hasn't proven to be consistent throughout his career, and is a one year wonder, but he looks to have really turned a corner this past year making it a very tough decision. I do think he can sustain it moving forward though, and he has really carved out a role in this Fangio defense.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    A great season was had no doubt, and very timely for Simmons moving forward. I don't know if I would pay him the money of a top safety in the NFL, I am torn. Simmons hasn't proven to be consistent throughout his career, and is a one year wonder, but he looks to have really turned a corner this past year making it a very tough decision. I do think he can sustain it moving forward though, and he has really carved out a role in this Fangio defense.
    Your player evaluation is too harsh. Justin Simmons has been nothing but good since day 1

Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    Your player evaluation is too harsh. Justin Simmons has been nothing but good since day 1
    Agreed, you pay the players that prove their worth. Guys that are good for the team and city they play in. Simmons is a playmaker and should be payed like one.

Insane: Justin has been one of the Best NFL Safety's and Denver is very lucky to have Drafted him. Now Denver needs and will do right by Justin and pay him just like Lindsay.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ>NFL View Post
    No he hasn't, he was bad under Vance Joseph as recently as 2018, the guy was constantly missing tackles accounting for multiple large plays during games. He made a nice interception early on against the Raiders in his career, and he became the hyped up athletic prospect on the team, but he was so inconsistent and hardly living up to his 3rd round billing. Simmons took huge steps this season under Fangio, and his performance prior to 2019 wasn't even close to what it was this year, not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    Insane: Justin has been one of the Best NFL Safety's and Denver is very lucky to have Drafted him. Now Denver needs and will do right by Justin and pay him just like Lindsay.
    This year, yes, obviously given his 2nd All-Pro team selection, something which occurred for the first time this year, as I stated.

No he hasn't, he was bad under Vance Joseph as recently as 2018, the guy was constantly missing tackles accounting for multiple large plays during games. He made a nice interception early on against the Raiders in his career, and he became the hyped up athletic prospect on the team, but he was so inconsistent and hardly living up to his 3rd round billing. Simmons took huge steps this season under Fangio, and his performance prior to 2019 wasn't even close to what it was this year, not even close.

This year, yes, obviously given his 2nd All-Pro team selection, something which occurred for the first time this year, as I stated.
    Justin Simmons was a Swiss Army knife for Vance and he was above average at it. For what he was asked to do he exceeded his value as a 3rd rounder.

D stew was in his natural position anyway. Once Dstew left it allowed Simmons to shine.