Page 65 of 73 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
    Every time they show Kyle Shanahan / Mike Shanahan on the tube laughing, I think theyíre laughing at John Elway for picking Vance Joseph.

Quote Originally Posted by montee2ball View Post
    Every time they show Kyle Shanahan / Mike Shanahan on the tube laughing, I think they’re laughing at John Elway for picking Vance Joseph.
    I always hated the VJ signing, but Shanny having success with SF does not mean he would have had success here, completely different set of circumstances.

Lynch and Saleh are just as much to credit for the SF turnaround.

Well we got 30 minutes of competitive football today (assuming the Packers don't rally --very unlikely against this Niners D). Pretty lousy CCGs unless you're a big Chefs fan or big Niners fan.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

The 49ers look great but I just donít know how their secondary will fare against the Chiefs WRs. That dline is going to have to bring it and then some to help those guys out on the backend. I think the SB is going to be a toss up that will depend on Jimmy G having to make some clutch plays because whether the 49ers pressure Mahomes or try to contain him in the pocket he will find a way to make a play to demoralize your team.

Quote Originally Posted by montee2ball View Post
    Every time they show Kyle Shanahan / Mike Shanahan on the tube laughing, I think they’re laughing at John Elway for picking Vance Joseph.
    Me every time I see Kyle and his offense...

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

We could've had Kyle and kept it in the family
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I always hated the VJ signing, but Shanny having success with SF does not mean he would have had success here, completely different set of circumstances.

Like with SF, we wouldn't have started winning until we found a QB, which we finally seem to have, but even before SF got their QB (Jimmy G.) they still always looked prepared and played competitive football...unlike what we went through with Joseph.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Different but similar circumstances. Shanahan was already a proven coordinator unlike VJ. Shanny picked Saleh as his DC and VJ chose Woods. I still would of taken Shanahan regardless. Then Elway should have given Lynch more say in the FO decision making. But itís over and done with.

The SB between the Chiefs and 49rs reminds me of the game between our Broncos and the Seahawks. Bottom line, it doesn't matter how good your offense is if you don't have a defense. 49rs have a really... really good defense and a ground game that some how can't be stopped even without a legit top back.

This game is a wide-zone clinic by the 49ers.

And would Kyle have survived 6-10 and 4-12 records in Denver like he did in SF? Likely not. Elway wanted the HC he hired out after 1 season and, besides the revolving door at HC, the Broncos can't even keep an OC for more than 1 season. The 49ers showed great, smart patience to rebuild. Media and fans wanted Saleh fired last season, they called him trash. Now he is a HC candidate with a top defense.

The 49ers showed the patience / continuity of a franchise like the Steelers while the Broncos look more and more like the Browns.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

I remember when the Broncos would never let Ben Garland off the practice squad either.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    This game is a wide-zone clinic by the 49ers.

And would Kyle have survived 6-10 and 4-12 records in Denver like he did in SF? Likely not. Elway wanted the HC he hired out after 1 season and, besides the revolving door at HC, the Broncos can't even keep an OC for more than 1 season. The 49ers showed great, smart patience to rebuild. Media and fans wanted Saleh fired last season, they called him trash. Now he is a HC candidate with a top defense.

The 49ers showed the patience / continuity of a franchise like the Steelers while the Broncos look more and more like the Browns.
    Teams in all sports need to show patience, I hate it when they pick their guy only to can him after 1-2 bad seasons.

I never understood why we hired VJ, his Miami D were ranked #28 I believe or around that position. Just a strange and terrible hire.

Speculation one way or another is a fruitless endeavor that will only bring some nonsensical self-satisfaction to an opinion you've already formed one way or the other.

Seriously, Garapolo only needs to look pretty back there, nothing else. Packers need to load up and run blitz every play.

Dee Ford.....