Page 69 of 73 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1088
  1. #1021
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Itís actually pretty amazing but there are a lot of former Denver Broncos working on the 49er staff right now.

    Just for those who have accused me of being sour and rooting for the 49ers just because they are playing Kansas City, Iíd like you to see that this list below is the reason why I am rooting for the 49ers right now.
    I'm not sure why people would accuse you of that?! I fully admit, I am sour, I don't want the Chargers, Raiders or Chefs to ever win another Super Bowl, so I'm cheering for the 49ers. The Broncos connections are a happy accident for me, I'm cheering for San Fran 100% because of the opponent.

  2. #1022
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Yeah, their ability to take the top off on plays with such fast receivers with a pretty gifted QB will make this a great game to watch. Still rooting for the 9ers though but if the Walrus wins it'll be because he finally stopped making too many mistakes.

    Kool-Aid needs a SB commercial. It could be epic.
    I don't know. The 49ers will be playing the exact same defense as the Seahawks played in Super Bowl 48. Cover 3 press, the corner will stay with the receiver as long as he's going vertical, once his route breaks in they'll leave him and start reading.

    I think the 49ers game plan should be similar to what the Seahawks did to Denver (although they don't have the two safeties Seattle did) get real physical with the Chefs receivers, and TE, and try to get pressure with the front 4. So much of what the Chefs have success with is not actually play design, but broken plays and the receivers getting open with scramble rules. Because of that I think the 49ers should start the game with the DT's going all out rushing the passer, and use the ends to rush but in more of a contain type way, keep Mahomes in the pocket and try to limit him scrambling and a receiver getting open deep.

  3. #1023
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    16,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I don't know. The 49ers will be playing the exact same defense as the Seahawks played in Super Bowl 48. Cover 3 press, the corner will stay with the receiver as long as he's going vertical, once his route breaks in they'll leave him and start reading.

    I think the 49ers game plan should be similar to what the Seahawks did to Denver (although they don't have the two safeties Seattle did) get real physical with the Chefs receivers, and TE, and try to get pressure with the front 4. So much of what the Chefs have success with is not actually play design, but broken plays and the receivers getting open with scramble rules. Because of that I think the 49ers should start the game with the DT's going all out rushing the passer, and use the ends to rush but in more of a contain type way, keep Mahomes in the pocket and try to limit him scrambling and a receiver getting open deep.
    Andy Reid wonít let them press Hill though. Hill is going to be motioned all over the place so he doesnít have to fight through the press and there will probably be a lot of bunch and stack looks to avoid just that. I expect Watkins will be the sacrificial lamb for Sherman (because he rarely leaves his side) while Hardman, Hill, and Robinson race around the field. Even Watkins might get behind Sherman a time or two.

    I just donít think San Franciscoís defense can afford to not bracket Hill. Heís just too fast to not have someone over the top, even if the CB is playing off to prevent the deep ball it opens up so much underneath and he can still outrun everyone to the endzone. I think itíll be hard for them to contain him in the pocket too, but thatís probably because Iím not a fan of the wide 9 alignment they like to use although it might be easier to set the edge and let Buckner/Armstead collapse the pocket but theyíll really have to read their keys and react quickly if he starts to scramble.

    I do agree with taking a page out of the Seattle playbook though. I hate to use a spy but I think they should or at least let one of the robber zones act as a quasi spy and force Mahomes out of the pocket as quickly as possible so the DBs can bump their WRs down the field until the ball is thrown. Itís risky but it can slow them down enough to disrupt the timing and cause Mahomes to hesitate which is he still prone to. Iíve also noticed in the playoffs he doesnít seem to quite know what heís looking at quite as often as Iím used to seeing from guys like Brady, Manning, Brees, and Rodgers. So maybe Saleh can scheme up some different looks that can give him fits.

  4. #1024
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I don't know. The 49ers will be playing the exact same defense as the Seahawks played in Super Bowl 48. Cover 3 press, the corner will stay with the receiver as long as he's going vertical, once his route breaks in they'll leave him and start reading.

    I think the 49ers game plan should be similar to what the Seahawks did to Denver (although they don't have the two safeties Seattle did) get real physical with the Chefs receivers, and TE, and try to get pressure with the front 4. So much of what the Chefs have success with is not actually play design, but broken plays and the receivers getting open with scramble rules. Because of that I think the 49ers should start the game with the DT's going all out rushing the passer, and use the ends to rush but in more of a contain type way, keep Mahomes in the pocket and try to limit him scrambling and a receiver getting open deep.
    Oh, I totally agree with this. The 9ers defense is pretty stout, but as mentioned, I don't expect Reid to go full 'John Fox' and let the defense take their offense out of the game.

    The OL vs DL of KC and SF will decide the game. If KC can manage to contain the rush enough then Mahomes has a solid chance with Hill and Kelce on the field. Seeing how SF broke Rogers makes a solid case that SF can contain and control KC enough to let their offense work and KC's defense is their weakness.

  5. #1025
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    33,723
    The more I think of it, the better this game looks! Maybe not a perfect scenario, but darn good. The recurring themes that come to mind:

    - Mahomes is the best QB at this time, based on what he has accomplished over the last 2 seasons, plus what he has done lately
    - KC's O is lethal
    - KC's D has improved, and surprised many by the way they handled Henry
    - San Fran has a really balanced team
    - SF's D might be the difference, though they have to limit Mahomes
    - SF's run game is really good
    - Jimmy G needs to come though in the clutch, if it comes to that
    - Kelce and Kittle are the 2 best TEs in the game, and one might be a deciding factor in the victory

    I am so looking forward to this match up!

  6. #1026
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    31,099
    KC's run D ranks similar to Green Bay's. In the NFCCG, the Niners threw eight passes completing six while they had forty-two rushing attempts. They may try a similar game plan in the SB. KC must defend the run which will set up PAP. If the Niners are run heavy again, they'll need to do better in TOP to keep KC's O off the field as much as possible.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  7. #1027
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ozarks
    Posts
    13,493
    I'm sure SF will try to run a lot and set up the PAP. I'm guessing they will also try to run a similar D to Seattle vs Us. But I don't think if they run that D that Reid will pull a Fox and not run the ball. I'm betting that Reid will run it straight at them and make them stop the run and when they do, will switch gears on them. And Reid has the added dimension of a very mobile qb to work with to do it. While I'm thinking SF will have a good offensive game plan, I'm not so sure Jimmy G and crew are at the point where they can keep up with the offense of KC. KC's offense can wear a D out quickly too. I don't think SF comes out on top.


    On a side note: I will be happy for Kyle and company if they win for sure. But I find myself actually rooting for the Chiefs. Never had that happen before. 50 yrs without a title, they have had a loyal fan base longing for success for a long time. On top of that Andy Reid and the Hunt family bringing the trophy home. Yep I hope they win.

    Then I hope the success brings an exodus of players and coaches and the qb's contract goes through the roooof.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

  8. #1028
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bear Valley in The 5280
    Posts
    13,765
    Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    I'm sure SF will try to run a lot and set up the PAP. I'm guessing they will also try to run a similar D to Seattle vs Us. But I don't think if they run that D that Reid will pull a Fox and not run the ball. I'm betting that Reid will run it straight at them and make them stop the run and when they do, will switch gears on them. And Reid has the added dimension of a very mobile qb to work with to do it. While I'm thinking SF will have a good offensive game plan, I'm not so sure Jimmy G and crew are at the point where they can keep up with the offense of KC. KC's offense can wear a D out quickly too. I don't think SF comes out on top.


    On a side note: I will be happy for Kyle and company if they win for sure. But I find myself actually rooting for the Chiefs. Never had that happen before. 50 yrs without a title, they have had a loyal fan base longing for success for a long time. On top of that Andy Reid and the Hunt family bringing the trophy home. Yep I hope they win.

    Then I hope the success brings an exodus of players and coaches and the qb's contract goes through the roooof.
    A defense that strikes quick and puts their own D on the field too quickly (aka 2013 Denver Broncos) May not be helping themselves too much especially against a zone blocking running scheme!

    Reid would be wise to run the football and attempt to control the clock but only after he goes up by a couple of scores...

    Shanahan will work the clock from start to finish and if Reid doesnít have the points up over San Fran, it could be a long night!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-21-2020 at 08:30 PM.

  9. #1029
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    14,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    A defense that strikes quick and puts their own D on the field too quickly (aka 2013 Denver Broncos) May not be helping themselves too much especially against a zone blocking running scheme!

    Reid would be wise to run the football and attempt to control the clock but only after he goes up by a couple of scores...

    Shanahan will work the clock from start to finish and if Reid doesn’t have the points up over San Fran, it could be a long night!
    Hopefully he's learned his lesson about that. And hopefully his father reminds him for the next 12 days about that.

  10. #1030
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Bear Valley in The 5280
    Posts
    13,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Hopefully he's learned his lesson about that. And hopefully his father reminds him for the next 12 days about that.
    Oh I was so disappointed with how he tried to get cute and blew that lead.

  11. #1031
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Clinton, MD (via Wash., DC)
    Posts
    2,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Hopefully he's learned his lesson about that. And hopefully his father reminds him for the next 12 days about that.
    Yeah I'm thinking Mike goes over our SB32 tape with Kyle a few times and they employ a similar strategy to slow down KC's high-powered, quick-strike offense the way we slowed down GB's high-powered offense by running it down their throats.

    Although that's what Kyle's done all playoffs so if it ain't broke, don't go breaking it for the SB.


    Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

  12. #1032
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    KC's run D ranks similar to Green Bay's. In the NFCCG, the Niners threw eight passes completing six while they had forty-two rushing attempts. They may try a similar game plan in the SB. KC must defend the run which will set up PAP. If the Niners are run heavy again, they'll need to do better in TOP to keep KC's O off the field as much as possible.
    KC has proven that they can stop the run. They will stop the run and force the 9'ers to pass.

  13. #1033
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    A defense that strikes quick and puts their own D on the field too quickly (aka 2013 Denver Broncos) May not be helping themselves too much especially against a zone blocking running scheme!

    Reid would be wise to run the football and attempt to control the clock but only after he goes up by a couple of scores...

    Shanahan will work the clock from start to finish and if Reid doesn’t have the points up over San Fran, it could be a long night!
    I think the Chiefs should try to score and score and score regardless of how far ahead they may be and if by the second half of the 4th qtr they find themselves up by 3 or more touchdowns, then and only then, run the ball to eat time off the clock.

  14. #1034
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    31,099
    Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    KC has proven that they can stop the run. They will stop the run and force the 9'ers to pass.
    If so, it will be PAP they will see (i.e., run steps) When KC's D reads run, they must play it.

  15. #1035
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    7,717
    Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    KC has proven that they can stop the run. They will stop the run and force the 9'ers to pass.
    Think so huh?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •