Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with you on that. I'm disagreeing with the decisions GB made after that. Like 2nd and 8 and trying to draw Seattle offside then taking their own timeout rather than just snapping the ball at 1 second. Then calling the pass after the timeout and Rodgers throwing it away rather than just going down and making Seattle use their timeout. And then ultimately after Adams made the big catch he went out of bounds and stopped the clock rather than just going down.

Those are just opportunities to make Seattle use up their timeouts and Green Bay instead made head scratching decisions.

Even Rodgers just criticized Adams for going out of bounds. Although he didn't mention himself for throwing it away on 2nd and 8 rather than just going down.
    Oh yeah they shouldíve blown it. But Seattle choked on third down all night.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I agree there was no way to overturn it. But Graham was down between the 37 and 36 and the official went all the way up to the 35 to mark the ball. Graham never got anywhere near where the official spotted it.
    You could easily see his helmet hit the ground before the marker and common sense says the ball was further back. I couldnít believe they upheld it.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    You could easily see his helmet hit the ground before the marker and common sense says the ball was further back. I couldn’t believe they upheld it.
    The Lions can, I bet.

Boy, just when I thought GB was done (well before today), they find a way to make the NFC final. SF will be favoured, by at least 6 points....IMO.

So, I would pick SF vs KC, with SF winning it all. The Titans have a shot, and GB has a lesser chance......but one never knows.

"that's why they play the games".....

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Boy, just when I thought GB was done (well before today), they find a way to make the NFC final. SF will be favoured, by at least 6 points....IMO.

So, I would pick SF vs KC, with SF winning it all. The Titans have a shot, and GB has a lesser chance......but one never knows.

"that's why they play the games".....
    Well a good buddy just suggested to expect shenanigans this weekend because itís the NFL 100 year anniversary this year. What would make them happier than to see the two teams who squared off in super bowl 1?

Glad to see the SeaChicks lose.

Texans let me down, so hopefully the Titans wonít.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Yes but the NEW Niners run by Lynch, Shanahan, and featuring Emmanuel Sanders are the "West Coast Broncos"!
    Nice try LM! That may be, but all I think about when I see Shanny Jr is he should have been our HC instead of "The Leader of Men" who lead our proud franchise and reputation into the dirt. Besides, that still doesn't make the 49er fans any less insufferable
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
    LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
    Nice try LM! That may be, but all I think about when I see Shanny Jr is he should have been our HC instead of "The Leader of Men" who lead our proud franchise and reputation into the dirt. Besides, that still doesn't make the 49er fans any less insufferable
    I can empathize a bit. While I didn't grow up in the Bay Area, I grew up (and still live in) the Dallas sports market full of Cowpie fans who are also insufferable, proud supporters of "America's Team." That and my grandma gave me Dallas Cowboys pajamas one year for Christmas and my mother made me wear them --just like the kid in the Christmas Story forced to wear the pink bunny suit his aunt made for him?

I'll tell ya, one "Niners fan" I enjoyed seeing this weekend was old Mike Shanahan up in the stands rooting for his son. I still have a soft spot for him as he gave his heart and soul to the Broncos and brought us so much success.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    I can empathize a bit. While I didn't grow up in the Bay Area, I grew up (and still live in) the Dallas sports market full of Cowpie fans who are also insufferable, proud supporters of "America's Team." That and my grandma gave me Dallas Cowboys pajamas one year for Christmas and my mother made me wear them --just like the kid in the Christmas Story forced to wear the pink bunny suit his aunt made for him?

I'll tell ya, one "Niners fan" I enjoyed seeing this weekend was old Mike Shanahan up in the stands rooting for his son. I still have a soft spot for him as he gave his heart and soul to the Broncos and brought us so much success.
    OMG...they made you wear Cowboy pajamas!!! Definitely way more traumatic than the bunny suit in Christmas Story

I totally agree with you about Shanny...he was the brains behind our 2 SB wins and he'll always be my all time favorite coach because of that and I would never consider him an insufferable 49er fan, though I think he might be an insufferable Kyle Shanahan fan - and with good reason. How in the world did our front office screw up so bad and hire VJ instead of Kyle? Oh well, Shanny was a Raider HC before the Bronco HC so maybe the cards will fall that Kyle will eventually land here as well

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Well a good buddy just suggested to expect shenanigans this weekend because it’s the NFL 100 year anniversary this year. What would make them happier than to see the two teams who squared off in super bowl 1?
    Could happen!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Could happen!
    I'm down with whatever it takes to keep the 49ers out of the SB

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
    I'm down with whatever it takes to keep the 49ers out of the SB
    No no!! A A-Ron must be kept out of the Super Bowl.
    Last edited by broncolee; 01-14-2020 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    No no!! A A-Ron must be kept out of the Super Bowl.
    Completely agree. Iím not sure why Rodgers always gets a pass on his playoff record.

The media crucified P. Manning because of his playoff record & his one and done record.

But Iíve always been curious as to why Rodgers gets a pass for his playoff record, which is not so great.

Heís supposed to be a BADdddddd man. But letís look at his playoff picture. Not so great for the baddddddd man.

Iím not sure if Iím the only one who thinks Rodgers gets a complete and total pass but people get enamored with his Hail Mary passes, but I think he should be scrutinized more than he is.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Completely agree. I’m not sure why Rodgers always gets a pass on his playoff record.

The media crucified P. Manning because of his playoff record & his one and done record.

But I’ve always been curious as to why Rodgers gets a pass for his playoff record, which is not so great.

He’s supposed to be a BADdddddd man. But let’s look at his playoff picture. Not so great for the baddddddd man.

I’m not sure if I’m the only one who thinks Rodgers gets a complete and total pass but people get enamored with his Hail Mary passes, but I think he should be scrutinized more than he is.
    My view on Rodgers is that, while he is a great quarterback, if he were as good as people claim, Mike McCarthy would still be the Packers head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    My view on Rodgers is that, while he is a great quarterback, if he were as good as people claim, Mike McCarthy would still be the Packers head coach.
    I would argue the other way around. If Mike McCarthy was a half decent coach Rodgers might have a much better playoff record.

How is it Rodgers fault that Mccarthy called three consecutive run plays from the 1 in the nfc title game in Seattle and then kicked a fg. Rodgers gets them all the way down the field and then he takes the ball out of his hands.

Also Rodgers wasnít the one catching and dropping the onside kick.