Page 21 of 73 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 ... LastLast
    Hard not to like a guy like Cousins and be happy for him.
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Get ready for the every team should possess the ball in OT suggestion from them. How does one of the greatest QBís of all time not get a chance? I can hear it right now.
    Bah! He had a chance to win the game in the possession before overtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    And people will continually praise Payton and Brees despite the fact that their resume is no better than McCarthy and Rodgers, despite none of the scrutiny.

Payton and Brees:
    13 years together, 6 division titles, 8 total playoff appearances, 2 NFC Championship game appearances, 1 Super Bowl appearance and victory.

McCarthy and Rodgers:
    12.5 seasons together, 6 division titles, 9 playoff appearances, 4 NFC Championship game appearances, 1 Super Bowl appearance and victory.

Yet Brees and Payton are treated like they're Brady and Belichick.
    Thanks for posting this. Iíve always felt that Rodgers has always been given a pass and no scrutiny because heís a baadddddd man. And because people fall in love with his Hail Mary throws.

The media always ripped Manning for his playoff record, yet Rodgers never is. I havenít paid much attention to Breesí record time be honest.

Can't believe they wouldn't look at it. I don't get it.smh
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Yeah, they should have just for the optics alone. That's going to be talked about for good reason. I think he pushed off but probably not enough to call it in that moment, but it still looks really bad.
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    If they looked at that and called it OPI then it would open the door for so many completed catches being reviewed. That wasn't a bad push off and just about every play has some holding by the defender along with a push off by the receiver.

Personally I hope the reviewing of pass interference is gone after this season. Frankly with the way replay has become I almost wish they'd do away with all video review. Human error is a part of the game, just leave it be.

If they looked at that and called it OPI then it would open the door for so many completed catches being reviewed. That wasn't a bad push off and just about every play has some holding by the defender along with a push off by the receiver.

Personally I hope the reviewing of pass interference is gone after this season. Frankly with the way replay has become I almost wish they'd do away with all video review. Human error is a part of the game, just leave it be.
    They would have to get networks for stop showing the errors and pointing them out... that is what brought out replay in the first place..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    They would have to get networks for stop showing the errors and pointing them out... that is what brought out replay in the first place..
    No doubt. But I'm tired of watching things get reviewed and then them not making the right call in the end. A Broncos example is the "catch" by Hill in the KC game, you could see him pick up the football from between his legs, but in the end they said the ruling on the field stands.

Which leads to the my biggest gripe, when replay started Peter King used the line (which he got from the NFL) mistakes so bad that 100 people watching in a bar could clearly see the wrong call had been made. Now we've gone to them piecing together 4 or 5 different views and having them stopped and looking at a matter of millimetres.

If you're going to review it so that it's the latter then quit leaning on the ruling on the field and just make the call that everyone knows is right. If it's going to be the former, what it was supposed to be then give officials 3 or 4 chances to view it at regular speed and a time limit of 90 seconds or less and have them make the call.

See, we aren't the only team with Oline issues. LOL, not who it was but Fletcher Cox just one on one destroyed that guy

And people will continually praise Payton and Brees despite the fact that their resume is no better than McCarthy and Rodgers, despite none of the scrutiny.

Payton and Brees:
    13 years together, 6 division titles, 8 total playoff appearances, 2 NFC Championship game appearances, 1 Super Bowl appearance and victory.

McCarthy and Rodgers:
    12.5 seasons together, 6 division titles, 9 playoff appearances, 4 NFC Championship game appearances, 1 Super Bowl appearance and victory.

Yet Brees and Payton are treated like they're Brady and Belichick.
    I dunno. I think Brees deserves to be in the conversation for top 10 QB of all time. If for nothing else, career. I do think Payton is a better coach than McCarthy, tbh. My problem with McCarthy was always about his run/pass philosophy. I never really cared that people thought his system was too simple, but I always thought he put too much emphasis on Rodgers. Rodgers is great, no doubt, but I liked the LaFleur hiring, primarily because he was going to emphasize the running game. Rodgers has adapted well to that, and I figured he would. Not saying McCarthy is a bad coach, because I don't think he is. I'm just not a huge fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I dunno. I think Brees deserves to be in the conversation for top 10 QB of all time. If for nothing else, career. I do think Payton is a better coach than McCarthy, tbh. My problem with McCarthy was always about his run/pass philosophy. I never really cared that people thought his system was too simple, but I always thought he put too much emphasis on Rodgers. Rodgers is great, no doubt, but I liked the LaFleur hiring, primarily because he was going to emphasize the running game. Rodgers has adapted well to that, and I figured he would. Not saying McCarthy is a bad coach, because I don't think he is. I'm just not a huge fan.
    Brees is a good QB, all-time so, but he doesn't have much of a playoff resume and no one says a word. Remember the criticism Manning always faced for not being clutch in the playoffs and having enough Super Bowls, but Brees has a much smaller playoff resume than that.

As for Payton, I will just agree to disagree. He reminds me of Mike Babcock in the NHL, a cult of personality built around him that leads everyone to agree he's a great coach, but his accomplishments are actually very little. The only thing keeping him from being the most overrated coach in the NFL, is Andy Reid.

Credit to Payton though, he's not blaming anyone else. And isn't making excuses for today.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ngs-touchdown/

It'll be interesting to see if there's anything to the rumours that Dallas was going to make a run at him? That would certainly explain their awkward coaching search so far.

Wilson starting to do Wilson things

Credit to Payton though, he's not blaming anyone else. And isn't making excuses for today.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ngs-touchdown/

It'll be interesting to see if there's anything to the rumours that Dallas was going to make a run at him? That would certainly explain their awkward coaching search so far.
    It wouldn't surprise me, because he was on Parcells' staff in Dallas. It's hard telling what Jerry Jones is thinking, though.

Wentz canít stay on the field. Shame.