Page 56 of 73 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast
    As a rival, I can't stand KC. But, Mahomes is an incredible QB. What a run, albeit, poor tackling by Tennessee.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Theyíve gotten plenty of pressure so far. A lot more than Houston did last week.

But mahomes is very mobile and doing a good job getting away from it and still getting passes off. Itís hard to stop him 3 plays in a row for a series.
    Very little in terms of interior pressure, interior guys need to force him into edge rushers. Not a lot of pressure at all.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Very little in terms of interior pressure, interior guys need to force him into edge rushers. Not a lot of pressure at all.
    Heís been flushed out a lot. And Casey came up the middle first quarter and tackled him for a loss on a read option. Just cuz they arenít getting sacks doesnít mean they arenít getting pressure.

And i donít mean they look like 2015 Broncos. Just meant getting him out of the pocket a lot more than Houston did.

Quote Originally Posted by sra84 View Post
    As a rival, I can't stand KC. But, Mahomes is an incredible QB. What a run, albeit, poor tackling by Tennessee.
    Never goes for more than two yards if not for todayís safety rules where defenders are afraid to hit the qb and get flagged.

Heís been flushed out a lot. And Casey came up the middle first quarter and tackled him for a loss on a read option. Just cuz they arenít getting sacks doesnít mean they arenít getting pressure.

And i donít mean they look like 2015 Broncos. Just meant getting him out of the pocket a lot more than Houston did.
    Forcing Mahomes out of the pocket actually plays to his strengths. Although heís good in the pocket heís even better on the move.

One play does not determine good pressure. After three seconds he drifts outside intentionally forcing coverage guys to commit leading to throwing lanes. Houston had absolutely no pass rush, so I'm denying they look better, but that means very little.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Forcing Mahomes out of the pocket actually plays to his strengths. Although heís good in the pocket heís even better on the move.
    He intentionally drifts to the sides, forcing a coverage guy to commit to him leading to throwing lanes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    I know i mentioned that in my first response to him. Itís not unusual to flush him out of the pocket and still fail to stop him.

But itís not like any teams have success keeping him in the pocket and getting to him either. Heís too good for either option.

Cowher at half was saying you go man coverage and he takes off running but if you go zone he picks you apart. You basically have to beat the chiefs by out scoring them or keeping mahomes off the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Man, when you get a chance to knock a QB's block off....you HAVE to take it.
    I agree 100%. Donít worry about penalties. Gotta put some hits on him and rattle him so that he second guesses himself when confronted with a similar situation later in the game. Not going to beat the Chiefs if you donít get inside Mahomesí head. Thatís how Ray Lewis and team won against Manning and Brady.

He intentionally drifts to the sides, forcing a coverage guy to commit to him leading to throwing lanes.
    I know i mentioned that in my first response to him. Itís not unusual to flush him out of the pocket and still fail to stop him.

But itís not like any teams have success keeping him in the pocket and getting to him either. Heís too good for either option.

Cowher at half was saying you go man coverage and he takes off running but if you go zone he picks you apart. You basically have to beat the chiefs by out scoring them or keeping mahomes off the field.
    It has to be frustrating for a DC and the players. Weíll see if Tennessee can adjust but itís very unlikely.

You have to try to contain him though. If you send too many guys taking off he gets quick easy throws or just beats you with his legs.

First opportunity for NY to get involved and rig it for that packer and chiefs super bowl 1 rematch.

You have to try to contain him though. If you send too many guys taking off he gets quick easy throws or just beats you with his legs.
    For that you need interior pressure, which has been non existent for the most part. There is a difference between forcing him outside the pocket and him intentionally drifting. Edge guys set, interior guys force him into waiting arms.

The thing is, 3rd and 10 isnít difficult for KC.

Titans got a break with Hillís drop.....