• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Butler By'Note
    Super Moderator
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
    Looking at how San Fran and KC are executing on offense and I see we are light years behind. Elway has ALOT of catching up to do to the elite franchises
    The Rams were the worst offense in the league one year and top 5 the next, followed by an appearance in the Super Bowl a year later. Light years behind isn't actually that far behind in the NFL. The league is set up for teams to jump up and fall off quickly.

EDIT: And the 49ers were a FAAAAARRR way from elite last year and for almost all of the last 25 years. Turnarounds can happen quickly. Although 4 first round picks on your d-line helps.

Comment

• montee2ball
      Bench Warmer
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
      KC has got to be nervous about facing this running game
      Well they shut down the league’s rushing champ to 70 yards today.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
        Super Moderator
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by montee2ball View Post
        He and the Titans were doing fine in the first half, then they fell behind at the half and completely changed who they are. They quit trying to run the ball and started passing too much. Full credit to the Chefs for winning that game, but the Titans gave them a helping hand by panicking.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
          Super Moderator
          • Dec 2008

Getting back to my point about things turning around quickly in the NFL, a year ago at this time 49er fans were furious with Shanahan for not firing Robert Saleh. Now Saleh is a genius.

Comment

• dizzolve
            Orange Rush
            • Mar 2009

Elway .......at least once tonight had to think back to that Vance Joseph hire and wondered what could have been
            The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• dizzolve
              Orange Rush
              • Mar 2009

True but it's one thing to shut down a guy.............the niners have a rushing scheme
              The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• sra84
                Football Immortal
                • Mar 2019

Garoppolo was 6/8 for 77 yards today. Tannehill threw for under 100 yards in their two playoff wins.

Unreal.

Comment

• Bronco51
                  Football Immortal
                  • Jan 2005

Elway .......at least once tonight had to think back to that Vance Joseph hire and wondered what could have been
                  I doubt he dwells on it much. No way he was giving him a 6 year deal as a rookie head coach.

Comment

• montee2ball
                    Bench Warmer
                    • Apr 2014

True but it's one thing to shut down a guy.............the niners have a rushing scheme
                    And the Chiefs have a passing scheme. The Niners will need that vaunted pass rush or that secondary will be eaten alive. Rodgers threw over 325 with only Adams and Graham. Mahomes will have a much better arsenal plus his mobility. But it will be a great game.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                      Super Moderator
                      • Dec 2008

But lets look at the full picture, Kyle Shanahan had a worse record over those two seasons than Vance Joseph did. If Kyle Shanahan is hired in Denver and they put up a record equal to what he or Joseph put up in those two years then Denver fans would have been calling for his head too.

Comment

• Sam_Z
                        Banned User
                        • Dec 2004

Vrabel and the Titans shutdown themselves more than KC did. You stick to what works and they did not. No disrespect to KC but the Chiefs did not win the game. Tennessee just lost it!!!

Comment

• Sam_Z
                          Banned User
                          • Dec 2004

And the Chiefs have a passing scheme. The Niners will need that vaunted pass rush or that secondary will be eaten alive. Rodgers threw over 325 with only Adams and Graham. Mahomes will have a much better arsenal plus his mobility. But it will be a great game.
                          But you’d better believe that Shanny senior will weight in on an attacking offensive scheme in order for the 49ers to keep up.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                            Super Moderator
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                            Vrabel and the Titans shutdown themselves more than KC did. You stick to what works and they did not. No disrespect to KC but the Chiefs did not win the game. Tennessee just lost it!!!
                            I agree, they panicked when KC took the lead and went against who they are. They started trying to pass too much, rather than running the ball and switching to a play action pass when there was 8 in the box.

KC went out and made plays to win the game, but Tennessee gave them some real help in doing so.

Comment

• Butler By'Note
                              Super Moderator
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                              But you’d better believe that Shanny senior will weight in on an attacking offensive scheme in order for the 49ers to keep up.

I would guess Chris Jones will be facing a lot of cut blocks in the next game.

EDIT: The 49ers also have Joe Woods as DB coach, and Denver did a pretty good job of slowing KC down last year. Although I'm guessing all game plans start with "Get pressure from 4" which San Fran is built to do.
                              Last edited by Butler By'Note; 01-19-2020, 07:56 PM.

Comment

• Sam_Z
                                Banned User
                                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                                I would guess Chris Jones will be facing a lot of cut blocks in the next game.

EDIT: The 49ers also have Joe Woods as DB coach, and Denver did a pretty good job of slowing KC down last year. Although I'm guessing all game plans start with "Get pressure from 4" which San Fran is built to do.
                                It’s actually pretty amazing but there are a lot of former Denver Broncos working on the 49er staff right now.

Just for those who have accused me of being sour and rooting for the 49ers just because they are playing Kansas City, I’d like you to see that this list below is the reason why I am rooting for the 49ers right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X