Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question with the playoffs

In watching the Titans playoff game, just wondering if we would have been the #6 seed if we won two more games (since we beat the Titans head to head). Brings me all the way back to week Two and Three (Bears and Jaguars) and how important those horrible roughing the passer calls were. Both had a major impact on the outcome of the game (two losses), and with those games we are in the playoffs. Funny how a couple of calls can significantly affect the outcome of an entire season. Just shows the importance of the refs really getting the calls correct. Of course, my information could be way off as well, and I apologize if I am. I also apologize if this has been stated already in an earlier post. Grasping at anything, I miss Bronco playoff football lol!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy22jeff View Post
    In watching the Titans playoff game, just wondering if we would have been the #6 seed if we won two more games (since we beat the Titans head to head). Brings me all the way back to week Two and Three (Bears and Jaguars) and how important those horrible roughing the passer calls were. Both had a major impact on the outcome of the game (two losses), and with those games we are in the playoffs. Funny how a couple of calls can significantly affect the outcome of an entire season. Just shows the importance of the refs really getting the calls correct. Of course, my information could be way off as well, and I apologize if I am. I also apologize if this has been stated already in an earlier post. Grasping at anything, I miss Bronco playoff football lol!!!!
    3 or 4 plays determined that we would not make the playoffs. Just 3 or 4, out of an entire season.

Honestly, that bodes well for the future. To be that close.

If we end up winning those games though they probably would have held Lock out longer and possibly don't beat Houston on the road or even a couple other wins there at the end. Even the Colts game, Vikings game (another playoff game), Packers game which was ours until everything fell apart after that phantom holding call against Sanders, at the end of the year those close games turned into wins hopefully it translates over to next year with a better roster.

Although, if everything happened the way they happened playing Lock the last 5 games plus any of those two wins from any of those listed games above it would have been interesting to see how Lock would have done in a road playoff game against the vulnerable Patriots in his first playoff game.

Weíll see Lock on the road in New England next year though.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeCrush_304 View Post
    If we end up winning those games though they probably would have held Lock out longer and possibly don't beat Houston on the road or even a couple other wins there at the end. Even the Colts game, Vikings game (another playoff game), Packers game which was ours until everything fell apart after that phantom holding call against Sanders, at the end of the year those close games turned into wins hopefully it translates over to next year with a better roster.

Although, if everything happened the way they happened playing Lock the last 5 games plus any of those two wins from any of those listed games above it would have been interesting to see how Lock would have done in a road playoff game against the vulnerable Patriots in his first playoff game.

We’ll see Lock on the road in New England next year though.
    Not sure New England see's the playoffs anytime soon. OC = gone, QB = gone, by the way, can we trade for D. Henry ? Maybe their OL too.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeter01 View Post
    Not sure New England see's the playoffs anytime soon. OC = gone, QB = gone, by the way, can we trade for D. Henry ? Maybe their OL too.
    Huh? Trade for Henry? Cause we donít have an undrafted rookie who rushed for 1000 yards in each of his first two seasons for the first time ever. (And in what world is TEN letting him go?)

And the afc east still is one of the worst divisions in the league. So donít say silly things.

Quote Originally Posted by Bates View Post
    Huh? Trade for Henry? Cause we don’t have an undrafted rookie who rushed for 1000 yards in each of his first two seasons for the first time ever. (And in what world is TEN letting him go?)

And the afc east still is one of the worst divisions in the league. So don’t say silly things.
    He's a free agent. Although I'd be shocked if they didn't tag him if they can't reach a long term deal. But regardless, if you're under the impression Henry isn't an upgrade, you might be mistaken. I get it, Lindsay is awesome, his story is awesome, and he's a legit player, but Henry is a monster running the football. Again, though, the Titans will figure out a way to get him signed or tagged, for sure.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Again, if those 2 calls didnít go against us we still wouldnít have finished 9-7. Flacco got hurt, but then the keys were handed to Brandon Allen. The only way Lock got to play was when we were pretty much eliminated. If we would have been hovering at around .500 with an outside shot to get in, Elway and the coaching staff would have either;

A. Stuck with Allen
    B. Rushed Flacco back
    C. Traded for a vet at the deadline

Lock wouldnít have seen the field and we wouldnít have went 4-1 down the stretch. We still would be a 7-9 or 8-8 team and missed the playoffs without any clue what we have in Lock. If we were still in it, no way they would have played Lock, heck it took a hurt Flacco and a couple horrific performances by Allen to make the coaching staff finally give him a chance.

Everything worked out as it should have. I just kinda wish Oakland would have got that 2 pointer at the end, we would be picking at 10 instead of 15. We would be that much closer to a franchise LT, which should be our #1 priority this offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    He's a free agent. Although I'd be shocked if they didn't tag him if they can't reach a long term deal. But regardless, if you're under the impression Henry isn't an upgrade, you might be mistaken. I get it, Lindsay is awesome, his story is awesome, and he's a legit player, but Henry is a monster running the football. Again, though, the Titans will figure out a way to get him signed or tagged, for sure.
    We donít need an upgrade that will come with a massive blow to our cap. What we have is solid and young.

Let's spend top dollar on a rb when we have a good young back already on the team who will be like 10m+ dollars cheaper. I mean Henry may be the better back but the amount of salary cap we would have to eat would not be worth it when you can use that money on oline dline or cb. Which will improve the team alot more

all we need was to be 8-8, if every team going for th 6 seed was 8-8 we held the tie breakers. 1 game short

BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Quote Originally Posted by bates View Post
    huh? Trade for henry? Cause we donít have an undrafted rookie who rushed for 1000 yards in each of his first two seasons for the first time ever. (and in what world is ten letting him go?)

and the afc east still is one of the worst divisions in the league. So donít say silly things.
    that .
    [URL=http://s93.photobucket.com/user/Saddletramp69/media/asdf.jpg.html]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg[/URL
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    all we need was to be 8-8, if every team going for th 6 seed was 8-8 we held the tie breakers. 1 game short
    I believe we were still 2 games short since the Titans won 9 to get in. Had they lost their final game to the Texans in the regular season we would have been in.

Broncos have been competitive for the last 3 yrs. except for a few games. If we would have had less injuries and a good QB, we could have been in the PO's 2 of the 3 years. Injuries were almost as debilitating as the QBs and the calls were KO's. But, the tide is turning.

Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    Yep. Even John Elway said this. However Our defense isnt strong enough yet. Hence the debacle in KC that night.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-06-2020 at 06:25 AM.

Watching the Broncos and Raiders play that last game tells you all you need to know.

Playoffs? Playoffs?
    [