Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieBronco76 View Post
    Manning?In what capacity?
    In addition to what others have said, Lock and Manning have had a relationship dating further back than just Lock's time as a Bronco. Lock was an attendee and a counselor for Manning's passing academy QB camps for several years.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I would argue that without any of us being at practice, at film sessions and in position meetings we have zero idea whether Lock was ready to play, nor whether he would have had success if played earlier.

One thing I will point to (while stressing that I don't think it was a negative) was how during the first few games starting Lock would be reading his wrist band to go over the play before the ball was snapped. Again I don't think that in itself is bad, the 2019 NFL MVP has done similar things this season before plays, but I will say that it shows me he's not 100% confident in his command of the offence. Because he's reading it to make sure that he knows every single aspect of the play. Again it's not a bad thing, because I'd rather he double check the play and know it then not and be wrong about what was happening. But if a QB is still having to read the play several times before the snap in game 12, can we be 100% positive that he was ready to run the offense in game 4?

As for Elway not 100% going all in and stating Lock is the present and future of the team, I think that's just simply because he's started 5 games. It's already clear that there won't be a QB competition this year, Lock will be the guy going into the offseason and camp(although I expect this place to meltdown if they sign a veteran to backup), but he will have to continue to earn everything, which is the way it should be.
    Do you not think a wristband was available sooner in the season?

Drew Lock was on recallable IR the first half of the 2019 season.

Fangio has said more than once in interviews that of the last 8 games KC lost, the team that beat them except one (it was actually 2) scored 31 or more points to do it strongly implying that the Broncos will need to score more points in order to beat KC. Fangio wants an aggressive O which was a major reason Scang was fired.

“Well, right now as we stand here today — things change year to year — they’ve lost eight games in the last two years and in all of those games except one, the other team has scored 31 or more points,
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...o-beat-chiefs/
    Last edited by lvbronx; 03-26-2020 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Fangio has said more than once in interviews that of the last 8 games KC lost, the team that beat them except one (it was actually 2) scored 31 or more points to do it strongly implying that the Broncos will need to score more points in order to beat KC. Fangio wants an aggressive O which was a major reason Scang was fired.
    Moving on from Rich Scangarello and hiring Pat Shurmur and Mike Shula was a decisive move on Vic Fangio's part. Hiring John Pagano to take Brandon Staley's place coaching the outside backers was a great move, too. I think Coach Fangio knows what he's doing. I just hope there's a season for him to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Moving on from Rich Scangarello and hiring Pat Shurmur and Mike Shula was a decisive move on Vic Fangio's part. Hiring John Pagano to take Brandon Staley's place coaching the outside backers was a great move, too. I think Coach Fangio knows what he's doing. I just hope there's a season for him to prove it.
    Itís good to see Elway trust his head coach. I had the impression he was pulling the strings with VJ but with Fangio I believe Elway respects him and these moves are proof that this is Fangioís team.

Bringing in Shurmur and Shula to work with Lock and improve our offense is a great move, add that to Munchak coaching the oline, we have the leaders in place on the offensive side off the ball.

Love the idea of Pagano working with Von and Chubb. Attachou was resigned and he was drafted by the Bolts when Pagano was their DC.

The spread formation was the first version of social distancing. Six feet of separation between every player on offense, defense and special teams and we have the next evolution of the spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    The spread formation was the first version of social distancing. Six feet of separation between every player on offense, defense and special teams and we have the next evolution of the spread.
    It might have been the Roman maniple.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    To each their own but I think Lock has displayed tremendous leadership dating back to his days in college as a freshman. The shot in the arm he gave the team when he took over was similar to when Manning relieved Osweiler against the Chargers. Now he does need to prove he can sustain it over the course of a full season where he will face adversity and low points, thatíll be his true test. But i wouldnít fault anyone for believing him to be a franchise QB. In his short career so far heís displayed incredible physical ability, a great work ethic, humility, transparency, and leadership. His teammates responded in a very positive fashion for him and things seemed to click once he came in. Plus having Manning in his corner to bridge some of the mental gaps will only help.
    I agree with you for the most part and I didn't mean to suggest Lock didn't have the quality attributes/skills including leadership. I think he definitely does but like you stated: "Now he does need to prove he can sustain it over the course of a full season where he will face adversity and low points, thatíll be his true test". I believe he is equipped to "become" our franchise QB and I really hope he does and if fans want to profess he is our franchise QB that's cool. With all do respect to Lock and Bronco fans, I'm not going to agree that he has achieved "franchise" status at this point in time of his short career regardless of his MANY strengths and qualities ....he has to prove it and I believe the chance of that happening is immense and highly possible.

I hate it when I have to eat my words because I stated, claimed, professed something to be "absolute 100% for sure" but I didn't have substantial proof and strong data to support my point. It sets me up to be scolded by everyone who thought differently. I can take it but I don't like it that's why I prefer to proceed with caution to avoid a scolding.

How fortunate is it that Lock has Manning assisting to help him achieve "Franchise" greatness.
    Utah Bronco Freak

It might have been the Roman maniple.
    Like me, I believe many forum fans here quickly looked up "maniple" to understand the definition in regards to "the next evolution of the spread."
    Utah Bronco Freak