Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

It doesn't matter, but can anyone explain this???

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...e-agencytrades

The entire blurb about the Broncos off season moves is positive, and yet, this fool has us going from 18 to 25. Only SEVEN teams ranked worse. Somebody please help me understand what the thought process is here.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

The list is a joke, I wouldn't even worry about it. Why the colts are so high I dont know. Our defense is better than theirs and we upgraded our OL and RB core. They also have the Rams high even though they lost a ton of star players.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotst View Post
    The list is a joke, I wouldn't even worry about it. Why the colts are so high I dont know. Our defense is better than theirs and we upgraded our OL and RB core. They also have the Rams high even though they lost a ton of star players.
    Man they have the Chargers in front of us and they don't even have a quarterback, and we swept them last year when they DID have a quarterback. And the Patriots? Please, that roster is hot garbage right now.

Power rankings are pretty pointless and irrelevant - especially in March. And I would say the same thing if we were ranked #1.

I believe power rankings in the off-season more reflect the previous season. The Broncos are coming off a third straight losing season. There were some positives last season however Lock remains mostly unproven. Until the team wins consistently theyíll linger in these rankings - which donít matter to begin with

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Power rankings are pretty pointless and irrelevant - especially in March. And I would say the same thing if we were ranked #1.
    I totally agree...pointless and irrelevant.

People like this guy do it because they know it will be inaccurate...how could it not...and will rile up fans who disagree.

It's a big part of his job to create controversy.
    Utah Bronco Freak

We have an unknown quality at QB, a porous offensive line, question marks all over the defense, no speed at WR and coming g off our third straight losing season. Yea, Broncos deserve to be at or near the bottom in the power rankings.

Broncos don't have much goodwill for pundits to hang their hats on. The moves in free agency/trades improved our team but we still have a second year qb with only five starts. He showed promise. I agree it's irritating but the Broncos have to earn their way back

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    We have an unknown quality at QB, a porous offensive line, question marks all over the defense, no speed at WR and coming g off our third straight losing season. Yea, Broncos deserve to be at or near the bottom in the power rankings.
    Calm down. We were at 18, in THIS GUY'S power rankings, at the end of last season, BEFORE we added Bouye, Glasgow, Casey and Gordon. How does making your roster better suddenly slide you 7 spots?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoRy View Post
    Broncos don't have much goodwill for pundits to hang their hats on. The moves in free agency/trades improved our team but we still have a second year qb with only five starts. He showed promise. I agree it's irritating but the Broncos have to earn their way back
    Correct. Before the past three seasons many fans including myself praised free agent signings and the draft. Each time we witnessed a losing season. Although the moves should improve the roster, we need to see results. After falling down in the rankings last season the Broncos began climbing as they won games with Lock. Hopefully this is the season to break the dull drum of the last few years.

Same guy had the 49ers ranked 24th last year.
    Take it for what itís worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...e-agencytrades

The entire blurb about the Broncos off season moves is positive, and yet, this fool has us going from 18 to 25. Only SEVEN teams ranked worse. Somebody please help me understand what the thought process is here.
    I present to you the 2019 preseason NFL power rankings. Notice that San Fran was ranked 24th, the Rams were ranked 2nd. Chicago and Indy were ranked highly, Tennessee and Buffalo were ranked low.

Most of the rankings will be off of what happened the previous year, writers are lazy, no teams get better and all of the teams that were good will stay good.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...aints-lead-way

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I present to you the 2019 preseason NFL power rankings. Notice that San Fran was ranked 24th, the Rams were ranked 2nd. Chicago and Indy were ranked highly, Tennessee and Buffalo were ranked low.

Most of the rankings will be off of what happened the previous year, writers are lazy, no teams get better and all of the teams that were good will stay good.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...aints-lead-way
    Good point. I promise we won't finish 25th.

The entire blurb about the Broncos off season moves is positive, and yet, this fool has us going from 18 to 25. Only SEVEN teams ranked worse. Somebody please help me understand what the thought process is here.[/QUOTE]

I believe the Broncos will be a better team in 2020 than the team was in 2019, they will do better than the 18th position! However, there is still a major need to be concern about, the offensive line (Ghost line). We signed Glasgow to replace Leary, hopefully that would be an improvement over the injured Leary, we will evaluate later. We let McGregor go, I don't know if that was a beneficial move or not. We still have a major "discrepancy" at the offensive tackle positions. I am anxious to see what the draft will bring to repair this anemic ( and ghost like) offensive line.

The Broncos have always had a good defense. But, if the offense consistent plays are three and out - it will tire a defense, no matter how good they are. I have read arguments on both sides as to wether we have or have not improve our defense. We signed a pro bowl tackle, but we let go of a pro bowl cornerback. So far those have been the major moves on the defense. So, I am sitting on the fence on this one.

Drew Lock demonstrated he has the skills to be an excellent QB. Perhaps, the Broncos QB of the future. He is young and unexperienced but he has shown he could learn about the game very fast. The only concern I have about Lock is that he has shown traits of "cockiness" , which is a sign of immaturity...

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Same guy had the 49ers ranked 24th last year.
    Take it for what it’s worth.
    Maybe they should rename it "Power Opinions" because that's really all they are and we all know how lame "opinions" can be.

Example: See most posts by mega Sparkler cheer leader "baphamet".
    Utah Bronco Freak