Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Scang fired!!!

Could it be Mike Shanahan in an attempt for Ellis to gain his trust not to the witness stand!

That'd be sooo awesome, Shanahans offense paired with Fangios defense.

I heard they are looking for an experienced play caller. So Kubiak, Pat Shumer, Jason Garrett could all be potential targets. Plus I saw Munchuck Is protected and won't be going anywhere

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Itís Pat Shurmur. I just heard Fangio is pushing really hard for Pat Shurmur.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-12-2020 at 03:51 PM.

Iím hearing Pat Shurmur has been hired by the broncos.

Scangarello May be back as the QB coach.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-12-2020 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Iím hearing Pat Shurmur has been hired by the broncos.

That would be cool if we could retain Scangarelo as QB coach.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    That would be cool if we could retain Scangarelo as QB coach.
    Why ? What has he shown to anyone anywhere to warrant this kind of hope ? He wasn't qualified for the job here in the first place, and now he is fired 12 months later after he proved that. Just let the guy leave the building and maybe he can try to tell people he was friends with Kyle Shanahan to get another job somewhere other than here.

Is Shurmur really that good? (if signed)

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Is Shurmur really that good? (if signed)
    He is more accomplished and successful than the last guy Elway hired, and it is an upgrade on paper. Shurmur was a hot coordinator just 3 seasons ago after making that playoff run with Keenum, getting Keenum paid, and leading the 7th ranked rushing defense at the same time. I like it personally, and I am usually pretty off most things Denver have done in the last however many years, with reason I guess, but I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    He is more accomplished and successful than the last guy Elway hired, and it is an upgrade on paper. Shurmur was a hot coordinator just 3 seasons ago after making that playoff run with Keenum, getting Keenum paid, and leading the 7th ranked rushing defense at the same time. I like it personally, and I am usually pretty off most things Denver have done in the last however many years, with reason I guess, but I like it.
    Thx! I mentioned elsewhere that it seems like too many changes in OC in such a short time, and was wondering if Shurmur's lack of success in NY should make us wonder. BUT, seems like most here are happy with it, so I will assume they know more. Hoping Lock's future is enhanced as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Thx! I mentioned elsewhere that it seems like too many changes in OC in such a short time, and was wondering if Shurmur's lack of success in NY should make us wonder. BUT, seems like most here are happy with it, so I will assume they know more. Hoping Lock's future is enhanced as a result.
    I am a little worried with the lack of run game Shurmur tried to establish last year with a rookie quarterback, that was my main gripe with Scangarello, but at the same time he got a lot more out of Daniel Jones than I expected, and I think we will see ever again. I also think Shurmur is still a head coach if Jones had any sort of awareness, the man tied the lost fumble record last season, taking his team out multiple games.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I’m hearing Pat Shurmur has been hired by the broncos.

Recent reports have him interviewing for OC in Clev.

I would not mind him as QB coach but I think he needs to work on play calling before being OC again.