Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I hope so. But you're talking about men in their late 50s and early 60s, who have shown little inclination in their history in developing quarterbacks. If Brady is available and interested I have no doubt they'll dump Lock in a heartbeat. Keep in mind their original plan was for Lock to sit for 3 years while Flacco led the team.
    well i'm going on record & saying there is no chance on earth they "dump" lock & furthermore i say there is slim to none chance of even entertaining the idea of a QB that will turn 43 this year...

no upside in doing such a thing

As an amendment to my prior post, I'm actually going to boldly predict that Lock will not be the starting quarterback come Week 1. Nothing about this move, or Elway or Fangio's disposition indicate a desire to develop a quarterback.
    How can he not be?? 4-1 to finish the season under him and the whole team was lifted because of him. If he's not he'll definitely here it from the fans and media

Maybe come spring time, Flacco heals up and gets his job back?
    With that being said,,,,,,
    ( I really hope Drew Lock is the starter for the Broncos for many years, starting Now)

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Maybe come spring time, Flacco heals up and gets his job back?
    With that being said,,,,,,
    ( I really hope Drew Lock is the starter for the Broncos for many years, starting Now)
    That ship has sailed, won't happen and the city might riot if it does

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    That ship has sailed, won't happen and the city might riot if it does
    I was being facetious

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I was being facetious
    Hard to tell with you sometimes LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    well i'm going on record & saying there is no chance on earth they "dump" lock & furthermore i say there is slim to none chance of even entertaining the idea of a QB that will turn 43 this year...

no upside in doing such a thing
    Again, what in Elway's history indicates he wouldn't jump at the chance to bring in Brady or a desire to develop a quarterback? Fangio only has 3 years left and won't even have that if they have another losing season. Elway has 2 years left. They want to win NOW.

I hope so. But you're talking about men in their late 50s and early 60s, who have shown little inclination in their history in developing quarterbacks. If Brady is available and interested I have no doubt they'll dump Lock in a heartbeat. Keep in mind their original plan was for Lock to sit for 3 years while Flacco led the team.
    I don’t know that 3 yrs was the plan. John picked up a qb to fill in who he could move on from very easily at any time. I believe it was more like, until Locks ready. I firmly believe that Flacco is not a Bronco next year and barring injury, Lock is our starting qb week one. I don’t think we have any interest in paying an over the hill former Pats qb 25 million to come here We have a young offense and it’s time for them to grow together. And that includes at qb. I think this is a big reason they brought PS here. I expect to see some moves made to get more weapons at receiver.

Pat Shurmur and his favoring of 3 WR formations tells me we are drafting a WR very early, like Henry Ruggs III early at 15. I'd be happy with that, and then the next few picks being O line and CB.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Again, what in Elway's history indicates he wouldn't jump at the chance to bring in Brady or a desire to develop a quarterback? Fangio only has 3 years left and won't even have that if they have another losing season. Elway has 2 years left. They want to win NOW.
    maybe because lock has shown enough to warrant him being the starter & future of the team.

and of course they want to win now which is exactly why you go with lock...was 2-6 with flacco at QB but 5-3 without & lock went 4-1, so yeah there is no way you move on from that for a QB that is in a downward trend & is going to be 43...not happening

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    maybe because lock has shown enough to warrant him being the starter & future of the team.

and of course they want to win now which is exactly why you go with lock...was 2-6 with flacco at QB but 5-3 without & lock went 4-1, so yeah there is no way you move on from that for a QB that is in a downward trend & is going to be 43...not happening
    100% agree, no way Elway brings in another vet QB. With all the holes this team has that cap space is going to be needed elsewhere

100% agree, no way Elway brings in another vet QB. With all the holes this team has that cap space is going to be needed elsewhere
    The only way Lock is not starting in 2020 is if Tom Brady is in orange and blue.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

I dont even know if I could cheer if Brady came here. I "hated" PFM when he was a Colt, but always had respect for him. I dont think I could cheer for Tom Brady though, even in blue and orange. I guess I could cheer for the defense and pretend they score all the points lol.
    Anonymity is cowardice, and cowards are not known for their wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    The only way Lock is not starting in 2020 is if Tom Brady is in orange and blue.
    Brady would be one heck of a backup for Lock.

How can he not be?? 4-1 to finish the season under him and the whole team was lifted because of him. If he's not he'll definitely here it from the fans and media
    Those wins were against poor teams. Texans were a weak playoff team with a bad defense. Lock showed strides and made some good plays however the competition wasn’t strong. Hear it from the fans? Elway has a cult following and he’ll do whatever he wants.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 01-13-2020 at 08:01 PM.