Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Allen has a horrifically weak arm, not sure what you're seeing. He is extraordinarily physically limited.
    No, he doesn't, and your goofy exaggeration detracts from the quality of this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    In watching the Buffalo game I would say Allen, our Allen, does not have a strong arm. Shurmur is an experienced coach and I think is going to be a really good hire for us. Mike Shula would make a really good mentor and coach to our QB's if he is in fact hired. Who knows maybe with a new set of eyes and another year of experience Rypien wins a backup spot on this roster. I could also see Shurmur using a vet he has worked with in the past to help Lock grasp his offense quicker. Who that would be I couldn't say.
    There is a lot that goes into strong arming a football. Part of it is purely mental, the mind being in perfect sync with the body without conscious thought. Part of it is proper mechanics and footwork. Part of it is just taking advantage of situations as they develop during a play. Allen can do it but he doesn't rely on it as a weapon the way Lock can. Rypien has rarely ever shown a strong arm by comparison. He can do it too, though. I saw him use it in the preseason. But I also saw that it took some effort and focus to pull it off. You could see his body language change before the throw. Should make for an interesting Training Camp next season.

Interesting question on the local Bronco TV show...who was the last Broncos OC you would rather have than Shurmur?

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Interesting question on the local Bronco TV show...who was the last Broncos OC you would rather have than Shurmur?
    No brainer...Peyton Manning.

Gary Kubiak

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

PFM was an offensive coordinator on the field And he was the best but since weíve never seen him in this role from the sideline Iím going to have to say Mike Shanahan!

For those that donít know, Mike Shanahan was the Denver Broncos offensive coordinator in 1985-86 and then again in 1991 Before eventually being rehired by Pat Bowlen to be the head coach in 1995.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    PFM was an offensive coordinator on the field And he was the best but since weíve never seen him in this role from the sideline Iím going to have to say Mike Shanahan!

For those that donít know, Mike Shanahan was the Denver Broncos offensive coordinator in 1985-86 and then again in 1991 Before eventually being rehired by Pat Bowlen to be the head coach in 1995.
    i'd put kubiak over shanahan just because they said most recent and i would be happy with Kubes. i think we may have had good OCs. like BAtes, but i can't find a real list of recent bronco coordinators

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i'd put kubiak over shanahan just because they said most recent and i would be happy with Kubes. i think we may have had good OCs. like BAtes, but i can't find a real list of recent bronco coordinators
    I didnít hear the broadcast so I didnít know they had said recently.

Anyway Id still go with Shanahan because I think if anybody could evolve with the times it would be Mike Shanahan. Maybe Iím just being bias but dude was great as an OC!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    Gary Kubiak
    Kubiak and his offense is overrated. Kubiak brings a lot of position coaches who are not held in very high regard, an offense which hasn't had much success in a while, and a stubborn approach which does not adapt to the personnel. Kubiak is the definition of a guy who is hanging around based off what he once was, and his staff he likes to take everywhere is the reason he isn't a Broncos. Even when we won the Superbowlas Head Coach, Kubiak and the offense were inept, and his greatest ability was the way he managed the quarterback room that year, and how he stayed out of the defenses way.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Kubiak and his offense is overrated. Kubiak brings a lot of position coaches who are not held in very high regard, an offense which hasn't had much success in a while, and a stubborn approach which does not adapt to the personnel. Kubiak is the definition of a guy who is hanging around based off what he once was, and his staff he likes to take everywhere is the reason he isn't a Broncos. Even when we won the Superbowlas Head Coach, Kubiak and the offense were inept, and his greatest ability was the way he managed the quarterback room that year, and how he stayed out of the defenses way.
    not many people could make a good offense with a sub par o-line QB and RB core, just sayin.

oakland raders gm

not many people could make a good offense with a sub par o-line QB and RB core, just sayin.
    This is true but Kubiak also had a great mind in Peyton Manning on his side and in control of the offense. I often tell people that if we had started Brock Osweiler in the Super Bowl, we donít win that Super Bowl.

It was also stated that during the playoff game in the divisional round against Pittsburgh that year, Gary Kubiak planned to pull an inept Peyton Manning out of the game and reinsert Brock Osweiler.

Moments after making this decision, the Steelers turned the ball over giving the Denver Broncos really good field position which prompted Kubiak to off on his decision to pull Peyton Manning allowing him to move the ball down the field and eventually win the game.

Could you imagine what would had happened if he did inserted Brock! Peyton Manning although a shell of himself that season really doesnt get the respect and credit he truly deserves.

This is true but Kubiak also had a great mind in Peyton Manning on his side and in control of the offense. I often tell people that if we had started Brock Osweiler in the Super Bowl, we donít win that Super Bowl.

It was also stated that during the playoff game in the divisional round against Pittsburgh that year, Gary Kubiak planned to pull an inept Peyton Manning out of the game and reinsert Brock Osweiler.

Moments after making this decision, the Steelers turned the ball over giving the Denver Broncos really good field position which prompted Kubiak to off on his decision to pull Peyton Manning allowing him to move the ball down the field and eventually win the game.

Could you imagine what would had happened if he did inserted Brock! Peyton Manning although a shell of himself that season really doesnt get the respect and credit he truly deserves.
    generally i would agree with brock we probably don't win. manning was at least smart enough to realize his weakness and turn more into a game manager which with our D is all we needed.

oakland raders gm

And he didn't. So exactly why then would we wish him and his offense were back ? It was wildly unsuccessful during his return to Denver. He was a good people manager, kept the unit together in 2015 when honestly it could of all fell apart, but his offense was bad one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    And he didn't. So exactly why then would we wish him and his offense were back ? It was wildly unsuccessful during his return to Denver. He was a good people manager, kept the unit together in 2015 when honestly it could of all fell apart, but his offense was bad one way or the other.
    i don't know i like Kubiak and i like his style of WEst coast. but i mean every one sees things differently. i guess i am giving him a little credit cause i don't think the offense was built for his style of offense and he didn't have enough time to make it built for his style of offense. so i am not surprised it was unsucessful in his stint as a HC. also Dennison was the OC. and i wouldn't want that. i feel his love for Dennison is why he is not with the broncos currently. but his offense has had success at most his stops i would argue.
    Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 01-16-2020 at 11:30 PM.

oakland raders gm

Well since you put it that way then of course I'd put Mike first and then Gary.

I forgot about Mike's days as our OC and was only thinking of him as our HC so I chose Gary because he was the OC under Mike.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above