Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
    Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    Kubiak and his offense is overrated. Kubiak brings a lot of position coaches who are not held in very high regard, an offense which hasn't had much success in a while, and a stubborn approach which does not adapt to the personnel. Kubiak is the definition of a guy who is hanging around based off what he once was, and his staff he likes to take everywhere is the reason he isn't a Broncos. Even when we won the Superbowlas Head Coach, Kubiak and the offense were inept, and his greatest ability was the way he managed the quarterback room that year, and how he stayed out of the defenses way.
    I was actually thinking of Mike Shanahan's offense when Kubiak was his/our OC.

Shanny's offense fell off more and more each year after Kubiak left so I was choosing that version of Gary Kubiak as OC.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    I was actually thinking of Mike Shanahan's offense when Kubiak was his/our OC.

Shanny's offense fell off more and more each year after Kubiak left so I was choosing that version of Gary Kubiak as OC.
    I think that we also were going thru a QB phase after kubiak left right, from griese to 2003 Plummer, to cutler in 06

to me what I remember was the offense under mike scripted plays and then adjusted the game plan according to what he seen, called plays to beat a defensive alignment as opposed to Gary demanding his offensive play called will work if every one executes their duty and beat their opponant

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    I think that we also were going thru a QB phase after kubiak left right, from griese to 2003 Plummer, to cutler in 06

to me what I remember was the offense under mike scripted plays and then adjusted the game plan according to what he seen, called plays to beat a defensive alignment as opposed to Gary demanding his offensive play called will work if every one executes their duty and beat their opponant
    That’s the same way Josh McDaniels and Bill Belichick operate hence the “Do Your Job” slogan. In Kubiaks defense, if everyone buys in and is smart enough to understand the scheme, it could work 75 percent of the time however, I’d still choose Shanahans approach first.

Aside from the horrible drafting, Shanahan was the man. He got a raw deal in DC with a bad owner and a little boy playing QB. He needs to be coaching still even if he is approaching 70!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-17-2020 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    That’s the same way Josh McDaniels and Bill Belichick operate hence the “Do Your Job” slogan. In Kubiaks defense, if everyone buys in and is smart enough to understand the scheme, it could work 75 percent of the time however, I’d still choose Shanahans approach first.

Aside from the horrible drafting, Shanahan was the man. He got a raw deal in DC with a bad owner and a little boy playing QB. He needs to be coaching still even if he is approaching 70!
    it takes more then just understanding the scheme...its takes the physical ability to do it also...its like kubiak in 2015 playing the raiders with schofield at RT going against mack...mack sacked the qb five times because gary's system demanded Scofield beat his man...he was physically unable to do so...and kubiak refused to give him help

it takes more then just understanding the scheme...its takes the physical ability to do it also...its like kubiak in 2015 playing the raiders with schofield at RT going against mack...mack sacked the qb five times because gary's system demanded Scofield beat his man...he was physically unable to do so...and kubiak refused to give him help
    I don’t want to argue but I don’t believe that was all on kubiak. That’s all I’ll say on that.

As far as physical ability, I completely understand what you are saying there but we’ve got to remember that these NFL players are the best of the best in the world and they should all have great talent. Well maybe except for Garrett Bolles and Michael Schofield but that’s another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I don’t want to argue but I don’t believe that was all on kubiak. That’s all I’ll say on that.

As far as physical ability, I completely understand what you are saying there but we’ve got to remember that these NFL players are the best of the best in the world and they should all have great talent. Well maybe except for Garrett Bolles and Michael Schofield but that’s another story.
    in a perfect world every starter you have can win a one on one battle against every player that lines up against them...but there isn't a single player in the league that could do that

that's why I prefer the offense dictates to the defense, the oc uses our strengths against the team we play weakness, and then grasp the fact they will adjust and have a plan to exploit that also... I don't know if that's a trait our new OC has but we will see

in a perfect world every starter you have can win a one on one battle against every player that lines up against them...but there isn't a single player in the league that could do that

that's why I prefer the offense dictates to the defense, the oc uses our strengths against the team we play weakness, and then grasp the fact they will adjust and have a plan to exploit that also... I don't know if that's a trait our new OC has but we will see
    Lombardi's Sweep Series is an example of a series based rushing attack where one play is repped against all possible fronts forcing D to adjust. Then the adjustments are attacked. Other examples are Chuck Noll's Trap Series, Joe Gibbs' Counter Series and Alex Gibbs' Zone Series.

The basis of Bill Walsh's WCO was to dictate to the D through the use of formations. He wrote a thirteen part outline on that subject. He benefited from Sid Gillman's guide on how to attack Covers 1 through 9.

These concepts are seen in current passing attacks, but seem lacking in rushing attacks.

Soooo, “Broncos could hire QB coach very soon”....1 week later....lol. Who is it going to be?? Your killing me.

A few nights ago on the local Bronco TV show Benjamin Albright said he thinks Shurmur is mostly West Coast and likes to attack the edges and will mix up the run blocking. Shurmur also uses things from both Chip Kelly's spread and Norv Turner's deep passing game, both Shurmur has worked with before. Albright said Shurmur goes deep almost twice as often as Scang did last year...although that's probably a lot on the QB too. I think this was a complaint Fangio had of Scang.

From the sounds of this both Lock and Lindsay should benefit. Lindsay because Shurmur likes to attack the edges and Lock because of the spread/shotgun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    From the sounds of this both Lock and Lindsay should benefit. Lindsay because Shurmur likes to attack the edges and Lock because of the spread/shotgun stuff.
    I think Fant will benefit the most from the Shurmur move. Shurmur is a former tight-ends coach who likes to split his tight-ends out, get them a lot of targets, and plays a position that has always produced when Shurmur has been a coordinator. I also think a running back will catch a lot of passes this year too. Lindsay has struggled with catching the ball, but whether it is him, Reddick, Booker, someone new, a pass catching running back will produce this year too as a pass catcher.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I think Fant will benefit the most from the Shurmur move. Shurmur is a former tight-ends coach who likes to split his tight-ends out, get them a lot of targets, and plays a position that has always produced when Shurmur has been a coordinator. I also think a running back will catch a lot of passes this year too. Lindsay has struggled with catching the ball, but whether it is him, Reddick, Booker, someone new, a pass catching running back will produce this year too as a pass catcher.
    hopefully lindsay work with run CMC will help out and help his catching ability. i know he needs to be better at catching with his hands and not his body

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    hopefully lindsay work with run CMC will help out and help his catching ability. i know he needs to be better at catching with his hands and not his body
    Anyone deeper in the draft we could target ? We have plenty of picks