Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Pro Football Hall of Fame disgrace

Randy Gradishar again passed over for the 2020 class. But two Steelers, two Bears, and two Cowboys. Plus a Packer, Only the Selection Committee can look at the Hall of Fame and day, “we need more Steelers, Bears, Packers, and Cowboys.“

It is a true shame. I hope an investigative journalist investigates this secret process, because I have a feeling there is bribery involved.

Of course times are different and the game has changed, but one thing that hasn't changed is the toughness needed to play and excel at LB.

Bobby Wagner is a top LB every season from 2012-2019. He is a 6 time Pro Bowler and made all-pro 5 times. Wagner is continuously one of the league leaders in tackles. Wagner sits at 1075 in 8 seasons while Gradishar in 10 seasons had an unbelievable 2049 tackles.

I never got to see him play, but I can only imagine it must have seemed like there was 3 of him out there at times.

The HoF is sham, they proved that when Charlie Casserly was allowed to be an advisor in 07 when his long time boss and friend Bobby Beathard got in over Pat.

Tackles weren't an official stat until the 90's. Randy was amazing, but he wasn't a rah rah guy. He wasn't missing teeth, or dragging guys by their helmets. He just wrapped up and went on to the next play. It's really really sad. Yes, anyone who wanted to could go back and see that he averaged 200 tackles a year. But they don't, or just don't want to. It's an embarrassment for the Hall of Fame. Or should be.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Saw him play and all of the others from that era and the HOF should be shut down until Gradishar is in. It is that glaring. He was the best or among the top 3 at his position every year for a decade. The only thing that bugs me more is people who lump in R. Smith and Meck as Broncos being dissed. Those guys are awesome and HOF discussions can sound like you are negative on someone when a borderline HOF career is amazing, but Gradishar was far superior to those guys relative to others at his position at the time, which is the key. Louis Wright as well. D Smith and Atwater should definitely be considered, but Randy and Louis should have been no doubters a long time ago and Randy honestly should have been a first ballot guy.

I grew up a Vikings fan and didn't become a Bronco fan until '84, but was always aware of Gradishar as the leader of the Orange Crush. Broncos and Vikings rarely faced off so I didn't really see him play much (other than I recall the Broncos beating the Vikings on a Monday night game in '78). That said, does it surprise me that yet another great Bronco is snubbed by the Hall? Unfortunately, no. The fact that Randy isn't in sounds like a terrible injustice. The fact that Atwater is not is downright criminal
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
    LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Bobby Wagner is a top LB every season from 2012-2019. He is a 6 time Pro Bowler and made all-pro 5 times. Wagner is continuously one of the league leaders in tackles. Wagner sits at 1075 in 8 seasons while Gradishar in 10 seasons had an unbelievable 2049 tackles.
    Half of those seasons only 14 games, too-

If they didn't put Gradishar in this year, when they put in extra guys, they may never put him in.

Maybe Gradishar gets in post homously.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    If they didn't put Gradishar in this year, when they put in extra guys, they may never put him in.
    Yep, this was his shot. I was certain he would make it.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    Randy Gradishar again passed over for the 2020 class. But two Steelers, two Bears, and two Cowboys. Plus a Packer, Only the Selection Committee can look at the Hall of Fame and day, “we need more Steelers, Bears, Packers, and Cowboys.“

It is a true shame. I hope an investigative journalist investigates this secret process, because I have a feeling there is bribery involved.
    This sort of thread pops up every year.

And my response now, is the same that has been for decades.

The Football Hall of Fame, in Canton OH, is an utter joke.

The Hall of Fame lost all credibility when they failed to put Mr. Bowlen in prior to his passing. It was one of the more shameful things I witnessed as a sports fan. So their continued failure doesn't really surprise me.

Let’s go out and win a few more Super Bowls. Only then will this franchise receive the respect they deserve.

Even though they should’ve gotten it a long tome ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Let’s go out and win a few more Super Bowls. Only then will this franchise receive the respect they deserve.

Even though they should’ve gotten it a long tome ago.
    They have won three and played in eight. I don't think that is it. Time zone, especially for the older guys where everything wasn't on TV and film is not available. They just weren't on the radar of the coasts fans/writers.

It's dreadfully embarrassing for an organization that calls itself the Pro Football Hall of Fame to consistently demonstrate such extreme ignorance. If only there was some discernable curve indicating that they might possibly be learning something that would enable them to correct this egregious error. Thus far, sadly, no.