Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I'd be all in on this guy!! Risner and Turner would be rock solid for a loooooong time
    He is owed $8.5M, I believe. That isn't too bad for a quality Olineman. Depends what they nwould want in trade though.

Between Turner, Thuney, Glasgow, and maybe Scherff there will be a few above average starting guards for Denver to consider in free agency.

I'd pass on Simmons and sign a combo of the following:

2 Chris Jones DE

17 Cory Littleton LB

25 Jack Conklin OT

15 Hunter Henry TE

18 Leonard Williams DE

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post

2 Chris Jones DE

17 Cory Littleton LB

25 Jack Conklin OT

15 Hunter Henry TE

18 Leonard Williams DE
    Hard pass. Sign Simmons and Byron Jones with Littleton and address the D line with kinlaw

2 Chris Jones DE

17 Cory Littleton LB

25 Jack Conklin OT

15 Hunter Henry TE

18 Leonard Williams DE
    Jones and Hunter are headed for the tag

2 Chris Jones DE

17 Cory Littleton LB

25 Jack Conklin OT

15 Hunter Henry TE

18 Leonard Williams DE
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Jones and Hunter are headed for the tag
    This. Those guys will cost to much between draft picks and capspace

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Panthers are reportedly shopping RG Trai Turner. Only 26 and has 5 pro-bowl selections. Has two more years left on his deal, could be an intriguing option to man the RG spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I'd be all in on this guy!! Risner and Turner would be rock solid for a loooooong time
    Two 3rds? Our second? What would be the value wise? If it's not more than this. Absofrickinglutely

2 Chris Jones DE

17 Cory Littleton LB

25 Jack Conklin OT

15 Hunter Henry TE

18 Leonard Williams DE
    I think Simmons is a priority. He is probably one of the top 3 defensive players on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I guess that's if you believe that Wolfe is equal to harris. I don't. I think Harris is the much better player.

Here is a link to some info. Despite being pulled on 3rd downs, harris had 70 impact plays vs 54 for Wolfe.
    I don't think it does.
    It's not that I think that harris worthless. He's a legit B level lineman. In saying that let's take the article quoted at face value. That means wolfe produced 77% of the impact plays of Harris in 4 less games. Yes harris was misplaced as a NT but being the field still holds value. That of course goes both ways. The old adage of your best ability is your availability holds true and I'm not discounting that. But wolfe had the 77%. but based on the most conservative projected cost difference, wolfe will cost 69% of Harris's cost. Now is that in itself enough of a reason. No. But when include the minimal 6 month age difference between these 2, and then massive age difference between harris and tuitt, then how is the dollar value not argue for tuitt or wolfe and an up and comer that fangio sees potential in?

Now all of this may be moot if we go after reader as reported

I think Simmons is a priority. He is probably one of the top 3 defensive players on the team.
    Agreed, his open field tackling and coverage skills are top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    It's not that I think that harris worthless. He's a legit B level lineman. In saying that let's take the article quoted at face value. That means wolfe produced 77% of the impact plays of Harris in 4 less games. Yes harris was misplaced as a NT but being the field still holds value. That of course goes both ways. The old adage of your best ability is your availability holds true and I'm not discounting that. But wolfe had the 77%. but based on the most conservative projected cost difference, wolfe will cost 69% of Harris's cost. Now is that in itself enough of a reason. No. But when include the minimal 6 month age difference between these 2, and then massive age difference between harris and tuitt, then how is the dollar value not argue for tuitt or wolfe and an up and comer that fangio sees potential in?

Now all of this may be moot if we go after reader as reported
    I think something that is getting lost in the shuffle here is Harris playing NT. Itís been touched on but Harris last year looked a little more round presumably because he added weight to be a NT. I realize heís listed at the same weight but those arenít always accurate. The other thing is, historically Wolfe has always been a cleanup guy, this was the first year where he created a lot of his own sacks that just happened to coincide with his contract expiring. Either way I donít think it matters which one we resign, Walker improved his usual per snap sack numbers which are better than both of them even if you take his 3 year span itís still better than thereís by a lot and Jones is going to be hard to keep off the field. Gotsis is a serviceable run stuffer and decent depth that may finally showcase why Kollar pounded the table for him.

Also Tuitt isnít a FA, would be a 9 mil dead cap hit if cut, and to my knowledge still not medically cleared from his torn pec.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I think something that is getting lost in the shuffle here is Harris playing NT. Itís been touched on but Harris last year looked a little more round presumably because he added weight to be a NT. I realize heís listed at the same weight but those arenít always accurate. The other thing is, historically Wolfe has always been a cleanup guy, this was the first year where he created a lot of his own sacks that just happened to coincide with his contract expiring. Either way I donít think it matters which one we resign, Walker improved his usual per snap sack numbers which are better than both of them even if you take his 3 year span itís still better than thereís by a lot and Jones is going to be hard to keep off the field. Gotsis is a serviceable run stuffer and decent depth that may finally showcase why Kollar pounded the table for him.

Also Tuitt isnít a FA, would be a 9 mil dead cap hit if cut, and to my knowledge still not medically cleared from his torn pec.
    I'm an idiot. I was reading and thinking of hargrave and kept writing tuitt, my apologies guys

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    I'm an idiot. I was reading and thinking of hargrave and kept writing tuitt, my apologies guys
    I was confused about .

He is owed $8.5M, I believe. That isn't too bad for a quality Olineman. Depends what they nwould want in trade though.
    I would guess a 2nd, only reason to trade him is draft capital to move ahead om Miami and Lac for a QB...just my opinion.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    I would guess a 2nd, only reason to trade him is draft capital to move ahead om Miami and Lac for a QB...just my opinion.
    I don't think the Panthers have enough to move past the Dolphins. Dolphins have 3 first round picks alreeady plus 2 second round picks.