Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Top 25 NFL Free Agents

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...intriguing-qbs

This is how one analyst sees it...……….

1 Dak Prescott QB
    Cowboys

Dak's 2019 performance confirmed your priors: Believers point to unassailable numbers; doubters point to the bumpy end. Jerry Jones isn't letting him leave regardless.

2 Chris Jones DE
    Chiefs

There isn't a more disruptive interior lineman this side of Aaron Donald.

3 Amari Cooper WR
    Cowboys

While the Cowboys could use the franchise tag on Prescott and the transition tag on Cooper because of unique rules governing the upcoming final season of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, the Cowboys don't want to be bidding against 31 teams for Cooper.

4 Jadeveon Clowney DE
    Seahawks

The Seahawks agreed not to use the franchise tag on Clowney when they traded for him, meaning he shouldn't have to accept anything less than being one of the highest-paid defenders in football, if not the highest.

5 Shaq Barrett OLB
    Buccaneers

Bruce Arians said of Barrett after his career year: "He ain't going anywhere." No player outside of Ryan Tannehill made himself more money with his performance this year.

6 Ryan Tannehill QB
    Titans

It feels so wrong to rank Tannehill here, above some of the legendary names below. Maybe it is wrong. But Tannehill's sensational stretch in Tennessee makes him look like an ascending starting quarterback rather than a very short-term solution (like the 40-somethings). The Titans are likely to keep him off the market.

7 Yannick Ngakoue DE
    Jaguars

Ngakoue's eight sacks and 50 total pressures in 2019, according to Pro Football Focus, were his lowest marks since his rookie season, which is incredible production for a down year.

8 Drew Brees QB
    Saints

Despite the fact that Brees led the Saints' offense to a sensational finish to the regular season, it's fair to wonder what his diminished arm strength would look like away from Sean Payton and outside the Superdome.

9 Tom Brady QB
    Patriots

PFF had Brady as the 11th-ranked quarterback in 2019, which feels about right, despite what some rougher conventional numbers might suggest. Does he really want to start in a new system, in a new city, at age 43?

10 Justin Simmons S
    Broncos

Simmons blossomed under Broncos coach Vic Fangio, who should be eager to retain the second-team All-Pro.

11 A.J. Green WR
    Bengals

One of the toughest players to price after he missed all of last season to injury, Green is a borderline Hall of Famer who should still have some high-level years left.

12 Byron Jones CB
    Cowboys

It was extremely impressive to see Jones back up his breakout 2018 campaign with another very good year, despite missing all of last offseason following hip surgery.

13 Joe Thuney OG
    Patriots

Starting left guards who have never missed a game and just earned second-team All-Pro honors will get paid huge money in the open market. He'll be tough for the Patriots to keep.

14 Brandon Scherff OG
    Redskins

One of the best run-blocking guards in football, Scherff would be ranked even higher if not for nagging injuries the last two seasons.

15 Hunter Henry TE
    Chargers

It still feels like the best is yet to come for Henry as a dynamic pass catcher. He'd bring an instant extra dimension to nearly any offense.

16 Philip Rivers QB
    Chargers

Give Rivers some pass protection and he'll still be able to move the ball. Considering his relative youth compared to Brady, some teams might prefer to give Rivers a spin.

17 Cory Littleton LB
    Rams

Smart linebackers who can cover and make their teammates better are rare and valuable commodities, even if they tend to get underpaid compared to pass rushers.

18 Leonard Williams DE
    Giants

Perhaps the former No. 6 overall pick hasn't lived up to his draft billing, but he's an above-average starting lineman who creates a lot of disruption. Guys like that don't come cheaply.

19 Jameis Winston QB
    Buccaneers

Winston could be an incredible test of how much a young free-agent quarterback would actually be worth if he hit the open market. I suspect he'd get better than Kirk Cousins money, but the Bucs probably won't allow that to happen because they'll use the franchise tag.

20 Derrick Henry RB
    Titans

The Titans appear to be going full DeMarco Murray in Henry's usage down the stretch, but he's shown no signs of slowing down.

21 Anthony Castonzo OT
    Colts

Teams looking for a free agent left tackle will be disappointed if Castonzo retires at age 31, as he mentioned was possible. Otherwise, he's the most consistent player available at the position.

22 Matthew Judon OLB
    Ravens

He's not quite Za'Darius Smith, but Judon absolutely fits the recent mold of the Ravens outside linebacker who parlays a career contract year into huge coin.

23 Bud Dupree OLB
    Steelers

He's like a poor man's Dee Ford in last year's free-agent crop. Teams will have to decide if Dupree's terrific 2019 was an anomaly or a sign of things to come.

24 Anthony Harris S
    Vikings

It wouldn't be crazy for the Vikings to consider moving on from Harrison Smith in order to save the money needed to sign Anthony Harris. That's how well he played in 2019.

25 Jack Conklin OT
    Titans

The Titans' rugged right tackle was back to his old form in 2019 after tearing his ACL two seasons before.

Just missed (in alphabetical order): Arik Armstead, DE, 49ers; Vonn Bell, S, Saints; Bryan Bulaga, OT, Packers; Dante Fowler Jr., OLB, Rams; Melvin Gordon, RB, Chargers; Chris Harris Jr., CB, Broncos; Austin Hooper, TE, Falcons; Devin McCourty, S, Patriots; D.J. Reader, NT, Texans; Emmanuel Sanders, WR, 49ers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On paper, lots of interesting players. But not cheap...if available.

I wonder....will Derrick Henry get a few bucks??!!!!

Wonder how many of them will be franchise/transition tagged by 4:00 PM Eastern March 10.
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Wonder how many of them will be franchise/transition tagged by 4:00 PM Eastern March 10.
    Probably most of them....though I doubt Brady will be tagged, not if BB has anything to do with it.

Denver will land some of the guys in this list. My hope is to retain Simmons and land Byron Jones and Thuney. After that the draft is an open market for Elway. I think he should target LT or CB in the 1st but I don't think he will, my gut tells me it will be WR.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Probably most of them....though I doubt Brady will be tagged, not if BB has anything to do with it.
    He can't be tagged. It was part of their reworked contract that they agreed to in the summer. Brady is a true free agent for the first time in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Denver will land some of the guys in this list. My hope is to retain Simmons and land Byron Jones and Thuney. After that the draft is an open market for Elway. I think he should target LT or CB in the 1st but I don't think he will, my gut tells me it will be WR.
    I actually think Denver will be more active in the market with players who aren't free agents yet but will be after teams release players to clear cap space. My prediction is that if Calais Campbell is one of those players he finally becomes a Bronco. Here's a good list of potential targets that may come available.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2020/...around-the-nfl

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I actually think Denver will be more active in the market with players who aren't free agents yet but will be after teams release players to clear cap space. My prediction is that if Calais Campbell is one of those players he finally becomes a Bronco. Here's a good list of potential targets that may come available.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2020/...around-the-nfl
    I think that is a good guess, and I would be happy with that
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    He can't be tagged. It was part of their reworked contract that they agreed to in the summer. Brady is a true free agent for the first time in his career.
    Didn't know that, but it makes sense. My point, though wrong, is that Belichick would not be inclined to do so, in my opinion, as I believe he has reservations about Brady's future.

Didn't know that, but it makes sense. My point, though wrong, is that Belichick would not be inclined to do so, in my opinion, as I believe he has reservations about Brady's future.
    I believe bb wants to prove he can win with out brady before he retires

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    I believe bb wants to prove he can win with out brady before he retires
    That makes sense to me. At some point these "egos" need to feel like they did something better than anyone else, and it cramps their style to have others getting loads of credit at their expense....in the history books. That is also why I think Brady wants to prove himself all over again, because he heard the respect bestowed on Manning and Montana, and other QBs (especially during the NFL Top 100), and I think he wants that GOAT thing more than anything else. Things is, he never managed games like Manning. And he was never 1/2 as cool as Joe.

And he always had this "guru" of a Head Coach.

Hey, they could get it together again, for this coming season....but I sense some desire to move on. Ultimately it will come down to, "this is what I want".

I agree, we've talked before about how I don't think Belichick wants Brady back. But the no Franchise Tag thing probably stops Kraft from meddling, he can't badger Belichick to use a tag that can't be used.

If Castonzo hits the market he should be priority #1 in my opinion.

In FA I think we need to fill these holes;

LT- Only if Castonzo is an option
    RG- Scherff would be nice, but at what cost?
    DE- if we donít resign Harris then guys like Chris Jones, Leonard Williams, Michael Brockers, and Arik Armstead become very intriguing options, albeit expensive options.
    ILB- I would go bonkers if we could land one of Schobert or Littleton. Someone who isnít a liability in coverage.
    CB- if Harris is let go guys like Byron Jones, James Bradberry, Logan Ryan, and Trae Waynes become very intriguing options.

I would expect 3-4 big time signings from Elway. We will get a deal done with Simmons and allow McGovern, Wolfe, both Harrisís, and Parks test the open market. Iím guessing we bring a couple of them back.

Either way I bet weíll be active.

I would like to see Denver go after Campbell. Getting up there in age and wasnít as productive as prior years but still believe he has some left in the tank. Iíd like to see Denver land a OL like Brandon Scherff( I know heís hurt a lot). Goals would to address DL/OL/CB in FA. We should have around $80-85m after Flacco, Leary, Huerman, and Walker are cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    I would like to see Denver go after Campbell. Getting up there in age and wasnít as productive as prior years but still believe he has some left in the tank. Iíd like to see Denver land a OL like Brandon Scherff( I know heís hurt a lot). Goals would to address DL/OL/CB in FA. We should have around $80-85m after Flacco, Leary, Huerman, and Walker are cut.
    Why would we want to cut Walker?

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Why would we want to cut Walker?
    Let him go to a team that fits him. We activate him one game and healthy scratch another. Due to injuries this yea, I feel like he got more playing time than he prob was going to. No need to hold onto him anymore. Plus I think Vic brings in DL that fit his scheme better this offseason.