Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Wth???

Los Potrancas in Littleton off of Kipling and Coalmine has the best Mexican cuisine in town. Pinche Taco is a good place as well.

Front Room Pizza in Lakewood off Alameda Pkwy and Jewell is a great place.

Crave a real Burger in highlands ranch (you’ll put on at least 4lbs. there).

Sassafras off east Colfax is the best for Cajun food.

Best Restaurant in town however would be the wishbone off 97th and Federal, great Sunday afternoon farm food!

Tommy Knockers in Idaho Springs if you like IPAs.

Red Rocks is about 14 miles west of Downtown Denver. I’d suggest I-25 south to 6th Avenue to I-70 abd then take the Morrison exit.
    Jose O'Sheas off 6th and Union is a great place for Mexican, and they are about the only resturant now having traditional Colorado happy hour with free food and the best Frozen Margaritas. They are the only resturant I have encountered anywhere that bake their own tortilla chips, and their taco salads and fahitas are special. It was one of my favorite resturants when I lived in Denver in late 1980'ies and it had not lost a beat when i visited two years ago.

I would definately drive through Estes park over the continental divide back through Winter Park and through the canyons back to Denver on 6th. Driving up Mount Evans is also great!

I'd see the Denver National History Museum - it has one of the best vistas of the mountain range and for flatlanders it offers amazing insight into the amimals that romed Colorado - hard to imagine that it was once both ocean floor and jungle!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    Two words: Casa Bonita. Excellent spanish cuisine and drinks. Great family atmosphere
    The name Casa-Dont-Eat-A is accurately earned.

I have found that this site here has the best rates for places to stay like Airbnbs. And their hotels on their web arent bad but when you call you get a much much much better price for some reason. I would look at them for lodging.

www.interlinecruiseconnections.com
    Its under their villas tab for the airbnbs. I use it all the time. We got a huge house in vegas for our hockey team. Ended up being like $100 each. So sick.
    So far:
    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
    1. Kinlaw DL; 2. Raegor WR;

PS- and if you are going to do a show at red rocks then you must go to the Morrison inn before hand and get one of their famous big ass margaritas on their rooftop bar! Its a must!
    So far:
    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
    1. Kinlaw DL; 2. Raegor WR;

Good stuff guys, tons of thanks!

I have a soft spot for Machetes tacos y tequila downtown right across the street from Union Station... Might be a good spot before the Rockies game!
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Definitely get the jumbo platter to go from Casa Bonita and eat it about 30 minutes before driving over Trail Ridge Road.

My family moved to Colorado Springs (1962 - 1976) and I moved to Denver in 1977 (SB12). Traffic was not so bad for a major city then but now it's horrible.

If you end up going, "patients" is a priority. Be prepared!

However, I've been back many times and it's still a great town with many fun things to do. Enjoy!
    Last edited by jazzbodog; 01-21-2020 at 08:27 AM.
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Hello, mods if this is the wrong spot feel free to move.

Im in Ohio and for years have wanted to come to Denver for a vacation. Ideally I would like to come in September with the ideal plan being to take in a Broncos game, take in a Rockies game, and take in a concert at Red Rocks. Depending on the schedule I thought it would be cool to also take in a Broncos game in KC while were out West, but not important.

My questions are;

1. What is the best place to stay downtown? Not looking to spend a fortune but still want nice accommodations.

2. While in Denver, what are some other must dos ?

3. How far of a drive is Red Rocks from downtown Denver?

Any insight is much appreciated. Been trying to sell this to my wife for awhile now. Anything you want to add is welcome to. Thanks all!
    1.) If you're looking to stay downtown, I would suggest the Courtyard Mariott. It is right on 16th and affordable. I wouldn't spend much of your time on 16th though. If you're into breweries, it's less than a 5 minute drive or scooter to get to Rino and the Highlands. These areas have a lot of good restaurants and breweries.

2.) Really depends in how long you are out here and what kind of transportation you have. A lot can be seen in a 30-45 minute drive. If you like the outdoors, there are a lot of great hiking spots. Boulder has some really cool trails that lead to the base of the Flatirons. If you come during the summer, I would definitely hit up a Rockies game. Really cool ball park and cheap.

3.) Red Rocks is roughly 25-35 minutes away from downtown Denver depending on traffic.

Two words: Casa Bonita. Excellent spanish cuisine and drinks. Great family atmosphere
    OMG! Casa Bonita is horrible food!

Truth. The only good thing to eat at CB is the sopapillas

Lol excellent spanish cuisine...... Casa Bonita is a nice spot to enjoy watching indoor diving. The food is mediocre. Great for the family and kids......

Air bnb for a place to stay with decent price. Avoid 5 points area and main colfax strip for places to board. I lived there when i was younger. So maybe i might be a little biased.

I would check out the moutains. Rent some mountain bikes and hit up some of the trails by breckinridge keystone etc. If you want some good sight seeing colorado springs has garden of the gods, pikes peak. Royal gorge is a nice suspension bridge that you dont see everyday. Lookout mountain is closer to denver. If your religious Mother Cabrina Shrine has a nice hike with view.

If your into greenary, the dispensaries have a nice selection of fine herbs.Hope that helps enjoy your time in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Hello, mods if this is the wrong spot feel free to move.

Im in Ohio and for years have wanted to come to Denver for a vacation. Ideally I would like to come in September with the ideal plan being to take in a Broncos game, take in a Rockies game, and take in a concert at Red Rocks. Depending on the schedule I thought it would be cool to also take in a Broncos game in KC while were out West, but not important.

My questions are;

1. What is the best place to stay downtown? Not looking to spend a fortune but still want nice accommodations.

2. While in Denver, what are some other must dos ?

3. How far of a drive is Red Rocks from downtown Denver?

Any insight is much appreciated. Been trying to sell this to my wife for awhile now. Anything you want to add is welcome to. Thanks all!
    1.) Check Groupon for hotel deals.
    I like staying around the 16th Street Mall area but prefer the Cherry Creek area.

2.) The Corner Beet is my top-2 favorite restaurant in Denver.

3.) Perhaps a stadium tour would be cool?
    It was a highlight for us.

Enjoy your time in Denver!

Some details and background would help you and us a lot. Rockies & Broncos for sure as you sound like you love sports. Red Rocks (in Sept) I checked would be great if you like rap & hip hop. Do you like to take photos, like nature etc etc. I often over the years have taken tons of road trips and love to do research ahead of time. IF you have transportation Estes is a must see as is Trail Ridge Road , Stanley Hotel ( filmed the Shining (tv version) and Dumb & Dumber there. And Sept you will see Elk, foliage and good weather worth a day trip.
    Bronco Bob

^^^^yes....The Stanley Hotel! Maybe drop in to Boulder, home of Mork and MIndy. Cute college town.

We stayed downtown (last time I was here) and we found a really nice hotel for a reasonable price. Gotta look it up....though it might be expensive compared to some of the other good options provided here. We liked it because we did not have a car, and it was easy walking downtown, even later at night. Lots of restaurants and shops.

Last time we visited was in September....perfect for a football game. But watch that afternoon sun, because even in late September, folks were sweating and likely getting some burn! Check your seats, and if in the sun lane, wear lotion, hats and whatever you need. I also saw a ball game on my previous trip (August), and it's a good experience, with some good bars nearby. Got my first baseball at that game.

We did a city tour, which was fine, but you really should go up as high as you can handle in the beautiful surrounding area, because the mountains are amazing! Pike's Peak is not for me, but some like it! There's a train that goes up apparently, which is the only way I could make it!

I do like the idea of a concert at The Red Rocks. That would have been so cool! Just having a ride to it was interesting.

One thing you will really like, is that the people seem very nice. I've been there twice, and both times it felt the same....genuine.
    Last edited by CanDB; 02-11-2020 at 10:03 AM.