Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I find it funny that if KC isn't playing the Pats* in the playoffs they can actually get to the Super Bowl. Also, love how teams collapsed against KC during these playoffs. Hope the 9ers wipe the floor with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bates View Post
    I find it funny that if KC isn't playing the Pats* in the playoffs they can actually get to the Super Bowl. Also, love how teams collapsed against KC during these playoffs. Hope the 9ers wipe the floor with them.
    Well you know, they’ve never hoisted the Lamar Hunt trophy until now so hopefully the league feels well accomplished with that much at least.

Then again why wait until next season to force a super bowl victory for KC, I mean Brady will be in his final season with possibly a new team and the league may just want to get him a 7th with another team!

Quote Originally Posted by Bates View Post
    Pretty much everyone agrees that if KC had faced the Pats in the playoffs this year...the Chiefs would have mopped the floor with them.

Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    Pretty much everyone agrees that if KC had faced the Pats in the playoffs this year...the Chiefs would have mopped the floor with them.
    Just like you did in the regular season game, right? You "mopped the floor" with us by a whole touchdown!

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Just like you did in the regular season game, right? You "mopped the floor" with us by a whole touchdown!
    Well there are different degrees of mopping

To be fair the Ravens are the only team that truly mopped the floor with the pats I guess.
    Last edited by obi-groo; 01-23-2020 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by obi-groo View Post
    Well there are different degrees of mopping

To be fair the Ravens are the only team that truly mopped the floor with the pats I guess.
    The Ravens and Texans were the only teams that blew us out this year. We were in most of our games up until end.

Back to the argument over Mahomes possibility crippling the chiefs.

I understand that this the NFL and contracts can be structured certain ways but when it’s all said and done you still have to pay all of your star players and each of those star players have this ridiculous expectation of being the highest paid at their “respective position”. Ludicrous!

Anyway with as bad as John Elway has been in the draft prior to 2018, he’s actually made some pretty good moves to replace players like TJ Ward, Elvis Dumervil, DeMarcus Ware, Malik Jackson, Demarius Thomas, Eric Decker etc.

If not for blunders such as Juwann James, Menelik Watson, Donald Stephenson, BO and Paxton Lynch, Id say he’s done ok (aside from previous drafts).

The Broncos haven’t YET returned to stardom but they’ve been better than their record has indicated with really bad players at the QB position.

A GM can pay top dollar for a franchise QB and still post a winning team if he completely understands what he is doing. Elway really hasn’t understood this on offense as much as he has on defense. However dont look for any more bandages along the offensive line this off season.

With all the offensive minds on staff this year, they will have a voice in player personnel over the GM.

Together with the right minds on offense and defense the broncos will find some gems and post a good team even when it comes time to pay Drew Lock who I believe will succeed based on his Tim Tebow like desire to win in a Jay Cutler like body! <— Huge..
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-23-2020 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Back to the argument over Mahomes possibility crippling the chiefs.

I understand that this the NFL and contracts can be structured certain ways but when it’s all said and done you still have to pay all of your star players and each of those star players have this ridiculous expectation of being the highest paid at their “respective position”. Ludicrous!

Anyway with as bad as John Elway has been in the draft prior to 2018, he’s actually made some pretty good moves to replace players like TJ Ward, Elvis Dumervil, DeMarcus Ware, Malik Jackson, Demarius Thomas, Eric Decker etc.

If not for blunders such as Juwann James, Menelik Watson, Donald Stephenson, BO and Paxton Lynch, Id say he’s done ok (aside from previous drafts).

The Broncos haven’t YET returned to stardom but they’ve been better than their record has indicated with really bad players at the QB position.

A GM can pay top dollar for a franchise QB and still post a winning team if he completely understands what he is doing. Elway really hasn’t understood this on offense as much as he has on defense. However dont look for any more bandages along the offensive line this off season.

With all the offensive minds on staff this year, they will have a voice in player personnel over the GM.

Together with the right minds on offense and defense the broncos will find some gems and post a good team even when it comes time to pay Drew Lock who I believe will succeed based on his Tim Tebow like desire to win in a Jay Cutler like body! <— Huge..
    Uh oh.............. Don't be optimistic in here.... You'll get slammed for it!!!

I despise the Chiefs and their ridiculous tomahawk chopping fans but the 9ers are my most hated sports franchise of all time so I have to do what I have to do. Go Chiefs...oh gawd it feels horrific to even say it but I'd rather have projectile vomiting and diarrhea at the same time than root for the team from santa clara
    Last edited by Dennis.1960; 01-23-2020 at 02:30 PM.
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!
    LSU 15-0 2019 BCS Champions...Geaux Tigers

Personally I would never root for the Broncos, Raiders, or Chargers unless it improved the Chiefs position.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
    I despise the Chiefs and their ridiculous tomahawk chopping fans but the 9ers are my most hated sports franchise of all time so I have to do what I have to do. Go Chiefs...oh gawd it feels horrific to even say it but I'd rather have projectile vomiting and diarrhea at the same time than root for the team from santa clara
    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post

This was an easy decision for me ... GO WINNERS, LOL. I hate the Chefs with almost the same passion I do the Raiders, and while Mahomes is very good, I think he is a flash in the pan, he already racked up two significant injuries this year, and his playing style is prone to that. I absolutely HATE the 49ers. I hate that Joe Montana is railed as one of the greatest when he literally had the best team a guy could have around him for 12 years and only won 4 super bowls, TB12 ( I hate as well) has even done better than that. I would think that Marino or Elway would have won more on that team...

So in my tradition of not caring about the Super Bowl unless the Broncos are in it, I will not watch it again this year. Truth be told I literally do not watch any other games other than Broncos games so this will be no different.
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

I'm pulling for SF in this matchup, however I do believe the Chiefs will win.

I will hate to see a division rival raise the trophy, but it will inflate some upcoming contracts. Managing the cap is going to get tough for the Chiefs soon.

Ok, for smack that was a lot of cleanup...

From over the top personal attacks, calling out Mods, language, and political talk...

let keep it within the lines please....

and Go 49ers!!!
    Last edited by EddieMac; 01-24-2020 at 04:53 PM.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich