Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Let's talk Phillip Lindsay

I am getting kinda annoyed with people around her. No one gives him the credit I feel he deserves. He is an everydown back. He has great power for his size. I see people saying he can't run with enough power which is completely incorrect. He is small but to say he doesn't get low and have great power is asinine. His weakness has been catching the ball which he is working on. Lindsey is like Jamaal Charles in his prime. He is always a threat to take into the house. His speed is also elite for the position. I feel calling Lindsey not an every down back is completely disrespecting his game.

Either way Philip Lindsey is an every down back in the nfl and we are Lucky to have him.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I love Lindsay...our former OC just didn't use his talents (speed/quickness) to the best of his ability by constantly running him up the gut...especially and predictably on almost every 1st down.

He's perfect for those outside, 1-cut zone runs and swing passes (when he improves his catching).

I think he's an every down back if used more in that style rather than in a power back mode of play calling.
    Last edited by Mel B.; 01-22-2020 at 12:52 PM.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Just to let you all know, I changed the title. His name is Lindsay, with an "a". Spelling errors do not bother me, but a person's name is important.

Also, this thread might be merged with another one because it seems like we have a similar one somewhere. I just don't have time to search for it right now.

I love Lindsay. I love his heart, his power, his "want to" attitude.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

We don't know if he's an every-down back, he's never been given the workload to prove it. He definitely is a playmaker but will he be able to handle 300-plus carries in a season? I have my doubts, and think he needs a bruiser type compliment partner in the backfield with him. I started a big ole thread about how much I think he's worth. The general consensus was he shouldn't be getting paid like an All-Star every down back

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    I am getting kinda annoyed with people around her. No one gives him the credit I feel he deserves. He is an everydown back. He has great power for his size. I see people saying he can't run with enough power which is completely incorrect. He is small but to say he doesn't get low and have great power is asinine. His weakness has been catching the ball which he is working on. Lindsey is like Jamaal Charles in his prime. He is always a threat to take into the house. His speed is also elite for the position. I feel calling Lindsey not an every down back is completely disrespecting his game.

Either way Philip Lindsey is an every down back in the nfl and we are Lucky to have him.
    I am not sure that "so many" are not giving him the credit he deserves. I seem to read and hear how good he is, much more so than the other side of the ledger.

But one thing he finds disrespectful.....incorrectly spelling his name.

I can't remember the exact stat but Taz is tied with Derrick Henry for 3rd in the NFL for something like most yards after first contact. I can't remember exactly, but he was tied with Henry for a "big back" stat.

He seems more of a change of pace back, or a partner in a 1-2 punch backfield.
    (JMO)

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    We don't know if he's an every-down back, he's never been given the workload to prove it. He definitely is a playmaker but will he be able to handle 300-plus carries in a season? I have my doubts, and think he needs a bruiser type compliment partner in the backfield with him. I started a big ole thread about how much I think he's worth. The general consensus was he shouldn't be getting paid like an All-Star every down back
    I think he could probably handle for a season or two but would he be just as effective without having a bigger back helping to wear down a defense? Thatís an impact that is hard to measure statistically but something that you really notice when the smaller back is missing that compliment. Even though Lindsay may run hard and be hard to tackle can he still physically wear down the defense enough to be consistent through the extra touches or is it just a bunch of extra touches hoping he pops one to keep the average up?

Iím hesitant to bring the name up because it isnít a valid comparison of their abilities but Tatum Bell was very good when Mike Anderson wore down defenses for him. His YPC dropped almost a whole yard when he went from complimenting Mike Anderson to having Mike Bell compliment him.
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 01-22-2020 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    I can't remember the exact stat but Taz is tied with Derrick Henry for 3rd in the NFL for something like most yards after first contact. I can't remember exactly, but he was tied with Henry for a "big back" stat.
    It isnít yards after contact, Henry more than doubled him there and nearly as many yards after contact as Lindsay did total. They were tied for broken tackles however according to pro football reference.

Interestingly enough for as much as the Titans oline was praised in the playoffs Lindsay averaged almost a whole yard more than Henry per attempt in yards before contact during the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    He seems more of a change of pace back, or a partner in a 1-2 punch backfield.
    (JMO)
    I think this is the best way to keep him fresh and elongate his career. He's a beast, a spark, a playmaker who can take it 65 yards in a heartbeat.

Freeman is a decent 2nd RB, but I think we've all expected him to do a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    I think this is the best way to keep him fresh and elongate his career. He's a beast, a spark, a playmaker who can take it 65 yards in a heartbeat.

Freeman is a decent 2nd RB, but I think we've all expected him to do a bit more.
    And....I think Elway and Co. expected a bit more too. I don't want to see a high draft pick spent on a RB but I wouldnt cry about it if it happened. Pretty sure the saints were happy with Ingram/Kamara combo last year. I think another solid RB would only help us get that avg score per game up, which we desperately need

Elway has gotten lucky when it comes to his two productive home grown running backs he has brang in, both were undrafted free agents. In terms of drafting running backs in those middle rounds though, Elway has swung and never hit. I think we need another running back to compliment Lindsay, but in that 4th-7th round area. Freeman will do if he has to, he can be a solid volume runner, but there are always solid options in free agency too. Either way, I agree that Lindsay is not a guy you give 300 plus carries in a season to, and although I'd like to see him used more creatively, I don't believe he is a guy you just feed to take over a game.

lindsay is the type of back you want to try to get 20-25 touches a game.

oakland raders gm

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    lindsay is the type of back you want to try to get 20-25 touches a game.
    he wont survive at that rate one the team makes the post season again

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    he wont survive at that rate one the team makes the post season again
    How can you know that for sure unless you do it? You are just thinking he is small he can't take a beating which is not always correct

oakland raders gm