Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    How can you know that for sure unless you do it? You are just thinking he is small he can't take a beating which is not always correct
    When is it not correct though ? When has a guy Lindsay size and stature been that lead bell cow back for an extended period of time ? I am not saying he can't be, we haven't seen it yet obviously, but odds are based on the past it wont end well if we try to run him 300 plus times in a season.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    When is it not correct though ? When has a guy Lindsay size and stature been that lead bell cow back for an extended period of time ? I am not saying he can't be, we haven't seen it yet obviously, but odds are based on the past it wont end well if we try to run him 300 plus times in a season.
    he has a very similar body type to Jamaal charles who lasted a long time. he had 5 productive seasons

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

he has a very similar body type to Jamaal charles who lasted a long time. he had 5 productive seasons
    Carries wise, Charles had very similar carry numbers per season to Lindsay in his first 2 starting seasons, before getting injured, returning, and being run into the ground and out of the league essentially after 3 years as a feature back. Are we using this example to say we want to make Lindsay the feature back so he gets 3 more good seasons in before he is done ? I don't see the comparison and example of Charles as a good one to make Lindsay the feature back. And one of those productive seasons you refer to, Charles actually had less carries than Lindsay did last year. Again, not a great comp.

I know lots of people like Lindsay, as i do too, but when i watch him try and run through guys, i just dont see too much power. You can jump on me all you want about that statement. But i seen him go down quite a few times by just arm tackles. For him to carry 20-25 times a game will ruin him, he just isnt big enough, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftblman View Post
    I know lots of people like Lindsay, as i do too, but when i watch him try and run through guys, i just dont see too much power. You can jump on me all you want about that statement. But i seen him go down quite a few times by just arm tackles. For him to carry 20-25 times a game will ruin him, he just isnt big enough, imo.
    I understand your thinking and I agree that it seems that many times when we run the ball up the gut there's very little daylight at the line for Lindsay to slip through for a significant gain. I don't know where the Broncos offensive "front line" was rated last year but my question is should the Broncos think about obtaining through draft or trade in 2020 for one or two offensive brutes to create bigger openings for Lindsay to "do his thing"?
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Ftblman View Post
    Agreed. Iíll never hold him to Terrell Davis type expectations but I will to Mike Anderson.

Sure Mike was bigger but hereís the thing, Lindsey is playing the same physically demanding position. We canít support him for this job based on the fact that we like him.
    My aunt is the administrator at a local area hospital however she isnít going to give me a job that im not qualified for based on the fact that she likes me. That is ludicrous and ignorant.

I love Philipp Lindsey but we need a work horse in this offense and heís not looking to be it. Yes change of pace guy I get it but heís not starter material.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-23-2020 at 11:04 AM.

I don't see the logic in demanding PL be the one main 300 carries per season back

to me, to best utilize Lindsay would be with a solid, punishing rb who will soften up and tire the defense and then feature PL in the second half using his speed to punish a tired defense

that doesn't mean you couldn't use him throughout the game at times or in two back sets and get him involved in the passing game, which I assume will be fighting for receptions with Riddick

im thinking in the mode of a Warrick dunn/ mike alstott

but to just demand we can run him 300 times a year will cut his career prematuraly

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    I don't see the logic in demanding PL be the one main 300 carries per season back

to me, to best utilize Lindsay would be with a solid, punishing rb who will soften up and tire the defense and then feature PL in the second half using his speed to punish a tired defense

that doesn't mean you couldn't use him throughout the game at times or in two back sets and get him involved in the passing game, which I assume will be fighting for receptions with Riddick

im thinking in the mode of a Warrick dunn/ mike alstott

but to just demand we can run him 300 times a year will cut his career prematuraly
    Actually with the exception of Henry it usually cuts every backs career short. I like the change of pace strategy and outside matchups, but we still need to run Lindsey up the middle once in a while because he can break big plays there too.

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    Actually with the exception of Henry it usually cuts every backs career short. I like the change of pace strategy and outside matchups, but we still need to run Lindsey up the middle once in a while because he can break big plays there too.
    We won't know with henry he is still young

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I don't think many teams DC's are that intimidated by Phillip Lindsay at this point. I don't think they have to game plan for him like they do a Derrick Henry.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I don't think many teams DC's are that intimidated by Phillip Lindsay at this point. I don't think they have to game plan for him like they do a Derrick Henry.
    Maybe to a point but you have to be some what scared of a player with his speed who is a threat to break long run every time he touches the ball. If you don't respect that then there is alot of bad things can happen. Also I feel like alot more teams played to stop the run vs us then stop the pass. Which makes sense with the QBs we had under center.

How can you know that for sure unless you do it? You are just thinking he is small he can't take a beating which is not always correct
    Well he is dealing with a second wrist injury. So that in itself makes me question his durability.

Quote Originally Posted by darryn16 View Post
    Well he is dealing with a second wrist injury. So that in itself makes me question his durability.
    Where did you read it was a second injury. I can post an article it is a basic clean up cause the first wrist injury was still bothering him.

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    im not even talking about where we run him at, I'm simply saying imo, the most effective use of PL that enhances his longevity would not be as the 300 carry main back

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    im not even talking about where we run him at, I'm simply saying imo, the most effective use of PL that enhances his longevity would not be as the 300 carry main back
    Agreed 100%. Id prefer 15-20 per.