Thread: Case Keenum

Case Keenum

I really like the idea of cutting bait with all of our QBs other than Drew Lock and bringing in Case Keenum as a back up. Depending on cost. I do think we will make strides next year and be competing for a playoff spot and I would hate to see it throw away due to a late season injury to Drew Lock without having a quality back up.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    You do understand our new offensive coordinator was Keenums oc in Minn when Keenum had his best season.

LoL No ...........

People are going to say no to this, that's fair, I don't like Keenum, and I really disliked the signing when it happened. But, Shurmur has a relationship with Keenum, Keenum had his one great season under Shurmur in 2017, and that was the season that got Shurmur a head coach position again, and that is the season that got Keenum paid here. Was it all smoke and mirrors that fooled our washed up veteran free agent loving band-aid solution seeking general manager, yes. But as a backup, Keenum would be about as good as it gets in the situation that Lock was to go down, especially in this offense.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    People are going to say no to this, that's fair, I don't like Keenum, and I really disliked the signing when it happened. But, Shurmur has a relationship with Keenum, Keenum had his one great season under Shurmur in 2017, and that was the season that got Shurmur a head coach position again, and that is the season that got Keenum paid here. Was it all smoke and mirrors that fooled our washed up veteran free agent loving band-aid solution seeking general manager, yes. But as a backup, Keenum would be about as good as it gets in the situation that Lock was to go down, especially in this offense.
    Exactly! No one wants Keenum as the starter. However he would be a great back up

I just took a look at his career earnings and we paid him $22M. [He made $11M total with five other teams.] As a backup, he'd have to get much less, but I don't even like the idea of giving him more than one or two mil. Shurmur may know what to do with him, but Shurmur knows how to get the most out of any QB, including less expensive options.
    Last edited by L.M.; 01-22-2020 at 02:49 PM.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    I just took a look at his career earnings and we paid him $22M. As a backup, he'd have to get much less, but I don't even like the idea of giving him more than one or two mil. Shurmur may know what to do with him, but Shurmur knows how to get the most out of any QB, including less expensive options.
    Agreed I would only want to give 2 years 7 million with incentives based on playing time in case of injuries.

Id be ok with sticking with Allen while letting Rypien develop on the practice squad. Both QBs have similar physical abilities to Keenum and are much cheaper.

Edit: Unless the team legitimately thinks they can contend for a super bowl I see no reason for a veteran backup. If Lock goes down it only gives us more ammunition to put more talent around him when he comes back healthy.
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 01-22-2020 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosohio87 View Post
    You do understand our new offensive coordinator was Keenums oc in Minn when Keenum had his best season.
    You do understand, that does not make Keenum anywhere in the neighborhood of good, just his Offensive Coordinator.

My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosohio87 View Post
    Exactly! No one wants Keenum as the starter. However he would be a great back up
    He'd be great as a back-up ON SOME OTHER TEAM.

The moment he's forced to be the starter (due to injury) all the wind will be let out of the sails.

I don't won't that wind to be with our sails.

You know exactly what you get with Keenum, which is average to more probably bad play, and 1 fluke season out of 7 unmentionable ones should give no one any confidence in him if he's forced into action regardless who the OC is.

Case Keenum is trash.
    Last edited by Mel B.; 01-23-2020 at 04:05 AM.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

No more has been, journeymen QBs for the Broncos! Lets start developing young QBs moving forward!