Thread: Austin Fort

Austin Fort

I think this is one name that has been forgotten since he's been out of sight out of mind. He was balling in practices and preseason. I would argue he looked better than Fant in the off-season and preseason. Very unfortunate that he got hurt in the preseason game vs the Seahawks. In my opinion, Fant and Fort can potentially be for the Broncos what Hernandez and Gronk were for the Patriots. Question is, will 3-4 WR formation happy Shurmur use two TE formations to take advantage of our dynamic TEs? Couldn't find any highlights but I promise he looked great and the kid has talent and heart.

Quote Originally Posted by elway7777 View Post
    I think this is one name that has been forgotten since he's been out of sight out of mind. He was balling in practices and preseason. I would argue he looked better than Fant in the off-season and preseason. Very unfortunate that he got hurt in the preseason game vs the Seahawks. In my opinion, Fant and Fort can potentially be for the Broncos what Hernandez and Gronk were for the Patriots. Question is, will 3-4 WR formation happy Shurmur use two TE formations to take advantage of our dynamic TEs? Couldn't find any highlights but I promise he looked great and the kid has talent and heart.
    Hopefully minus the murder.

Tight formations seem to have made a comeback. Fant, Heuerman, Beck, Fumagalli, Butt, Fort, Howard. Can't keep'em all.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Tight formations seem to have made a comeback. Fant, Heuerman, Beck, Fumagalli, Butt, Fort, Howard. Can't keep'em all.
    Noah Fant is here to stay obviously.

Andrew Beck should be a keeper as well but time will tell.

Jeff Heuerman has taken more years than Brett Favre to show us very little.

Jake Butt should be gone. Itís cruel fate but it is reality and both he and John Elway need to accept it.

Bug Howard, Austin Fort and Troy Fumagali will be a toss up but I think Heuerman should be dismissed in order to make room for better talent.

However Broncos TEs with torn ACLs seem to rarely fully recover and recover in a single off-season.

Julius Thomas eventually recovered but it took a few years.

Wesley Duke would always re injure his but never really made a comeback.

Now weíre seeing Jake Butt struggling.

Letís hope Austin Fort doesnít suffer the same fate!
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-26-2020 at 10:13 AM.

TEs ti keep

Obviously Fant is hanging around. Beck looks like a good in line blocker. Between Fort and Fumagalli its a toss up.
    I'd like to keep them both. Sad truth is the rest need to leave. Butt, I wish him well, but its not going to happen hear in Denver.