• Show
Clear All
  • MHSalute
    Ring of Famer
    • Feb 2011

MHSalute offseason

Free Agency Period

Defense

CB Prince Amukamara - Players have commented on how it takes some repetitions to really get familiar with Fangio's defense. Prince earned a 3 year year contract playing under Vic, think a 2 year deal makes sense as a replacement for CHJ.

DE Leonard Williams - IMO a big upgrade over Harris. Came to Giants while Shumer was H/C, so will have some insight on him. 2018 25 QB hits.

DE Jordan Phillips - Maybe a late bloomer, but we need DE depth

NT Reader or Hargrave or Pierce - Like what I saw from Purcell, but he is a FA (RFA original round tender 2.144M) think we can upgrade and several good options on the market. Would still try and bring back Purcell on the cheap for depth.

S Justin Simmons - Worse case tag and extend later .

S Parks - Thought he clicked as a nickle in Vics defense, if not too much keep the continuity.

Offense

G Graham Glasgow - Takes over RG spot and has experience at Center to provide depth

C B.J. Finney - Munch has history

OT Kelvin Beachum - Munch has history

Draft (A little De-ja-vu)

1st round Broncos trade down to #26 and receive #56 pick and 2021 3rd round pick.(I Would stay pat and take one of the top OT, but don't see them dropping)

#26 LB Patrick Queen - LB to pair with Alexander Johnson (who I would like to see us extend) off ball play maker that puts defense over the top.
    #46 CB Jeff Gladney scheme diverse CB that will fit exactly what Vic likes to do in coverage
    #56 WR K.J. Hamler reminds me of Desaen Jackson, can definitely take the top off the D.
    #77 RB Cam Akers Ultra talented RB behind a bad OL still produced.
    #83 C Nick Harris Strong technician, can compete with B.J for starting gig
    #96 WR Chase Claypool Big target, Big Slot type WR.
    #108 OT Matt Peart Small school RT with some upside
    #128 OT Calvin Throckmorton Another RT prospect, but has played all over the OL

Going to stop at 4 rounds.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots
  • Kyousukeneko
    Football Immortal
    • May 2010

Originally posted by MHSalute View Post
    Free Agency Period

Defense

CB Prince Amukamara - Players have commented on how it takes some repetitions to really get familiar with Fangio's defense. Prince earned a 3 year year contract playing under Vic, think a 2 year deal makes sense as a replacement for CHJ.

DE Leonard Williams - IMO a big upgrade over Harris. Came to Giants while Shumer was H/C, so will have some insight on him. 2018 25 QB hits.

DE Jordan Phillips - Maybe a late bloomer, but we need DE depth

NT Reader or Hargrave or Pierce - Like what I saw from Purcell, but he is a FA (RFA original round tender 2.144M) think we can upgrade and several good options on the market. Would still try and bring back Purcell on the cheap for depth.

S Justin Simmons - Worse case tag and extend later .

S Parks - Thought he clicked as a nickle in Vics defense, if not too much keep the continuity.

Offense

G Graham Glasgow - Takes over RG spot and has experience at Center to provide depth

C B.J. Finney - Munch has history

OT Kelvin Beachum - Munch has history

1st round Broncos trade down to #26 and receive #56 pick and 2021 3rd round pick.(I Would stay pat and take one of the top OT, but don't see them dropping)

#26 LB Patrick Queen - LB to pair with Alexander Johnson (who I would like to see us extend) off ball play maker that puts defense over the top.
    #46 CB Jeff Gladney scheme diverse CB that will fit exactly what Vic likes to do in coverage
    #56 WR K.J. Hamler reminds me of Desaen Jackson, can definitely take the top off the D.
    #77 RB Cam Akers Ultra talented RB behind a bad OL still produced.
    #108 OT Matt Peart Small school RT with some upside
    #128 OT Calvin Throckmorton Another RT prospect, but has played all over the OL

Beachum is done in the nfl he has been cut and was terrible last season also I don't think we hit the oline hard enough for my liking
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• KWHIT97
      Master of the Mock
      • Oct 2007

I like it ok, however instead of Glasgow I would resign McGovern and slide him to RG, and sign Finney. Not sure about Beachum either, has to be a better option.

Comment

• meatloaf
        Practice Squad
        • Mar 2012

Also like it, I wish Josh Jones would be there when you posted. He won't, Rather draft a OT middle to high rounds. Pretty sure Broncos are going to ride with the tackles on the roster already, sorry to say. I don't want Beachum either, maybe as back up.
        Munch could coach him up I guess?

Comment

• MHSalute
          Ring of Famer
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
          Beachum is done in the nfl he has been cut and was terrible last season also I don't think we hit the oline hard enough for my liking
          I am going under the premise that Bolles is the starting LT, but still feel we need to bring in a vet swing OT. Beechum has a lot of starting experience, just a guy I think is affordable to back up Bolles.

Comment

• MHSalute
            Ring of Famer
            • Feb 2011

Adjusting my mock:

FA dropped:

OT Kelvin Beachum: Money spent on Bouye

Draft
            #26 Patrick Queen
            #56 Cam Akers: Think he has moved up after combine
            #77 Chase Claypool: Think he has moved up since combine
            #96 Matt Peart: Think he moved up after combine, may need to move up further to get him
            #108 Albert Okwuegbunamed up after Combine

Overall think the group I tagged helped their stock at the combine, so lose a little projected value in getting them.

Comment

• MHSalute
              Ring of Famer
              • Feb 2011

Free Agency Period

Defense

CB Prince Amukamara - Players have commented on how it takes some repetitions to really get familiar with Fangio's defense. Prince earned a 3 year year contract playing under Vic, think a 2 year deal makes sense as a replacement for CHJ. This is still possible imo, but Bouye trade just as good

DE Leonard Williams - IMO a big upgrade over Harris. Came to Giants while Shumer was H/C, so will have some insight on him. 2018 25 QB hits. Was Tagged, my replacement for Harris, we got Harris back on the cheap.

DE Jordan Phillips - Maybe a late bloomer, but we need DE depth. Fill we have room for one more, but okay with what we have. Kinlaw could be a sneaky pick with Walker and Harris just around on 1 year deals

NT Reader or Hargrave or Pierce - Like what I saw from Purcell, but he is a FA (RFA original round tender 2.144M) think we can upgrade and several good options on the market. Would still try and bring back Purcell on the cheap for depth. Casey trade better $$$ and value, but would have been thrilled with Reader too

S Justin Simmons - Worse case tag and extend later Easy call

S Parks - Thought he clicked as a nickle in Vics defense, if not too much keep the continuity. Lost him to hometown, think we will address in draft

Offense

G Graham Glasgow - Takes over RG spot and has experience at Center to provide depth. Nailed this one

C B.J. Finney - Munch has history Apparently Munch likes his developmental guys

OT Kelvin Beachum - Munch has history Can still happen, a few vet OTs still on the street

#77 RB Cam Akers Ultra talented RB behind a bad OL still produced. Don't see this one happening, so plug in Matt Peart here as I think he is moving up boards.
              #108 OT Matt Peart Small school RT with some upside. Moved Peart up, so going highly athletic LB here out of CO that could be a gem Davion Taylor
              #128 OT Calvin Throckmorton Another RT prospect, but has played all over the OL Traded away

For the most part my final mock looks about the same as my first. Hamler and Claypool add speed to WR group with out high investments. Queen and Taylor add speed to the LB spot, while Gladney adds an "alpha" to the CB group and can play inside or out,. Round it out with an OT and a OC, I think this puts us in a win now situation,

Comment

• myoung
                Captain
                • Mar 2004

For the most part my final mock looks about the same as my first. Hamler and Claypool add speed to WR group with out high investments. Queen and Taylor add speed to the LB spot, while Gladney adds an "alpha" to the CB group and can play inside or out,. Round it out with an OT and a OC, I think this puts us in a win now situation,
                I still like it. Not as big of a Queen fan as you are but we have discussed that. I certainly understand the view and like him better where you have him than at 15.

I tend to think Peart will play guard and agree he is moving up.

Love the Claypool pick but would be surprised to see him go that late now.

Great work overall though. Your projections were pretty good and I like your mock... well done!

Comment

Working...
                X