Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kareem Hunt

Kareem Hunt

He accounted for a 1 year 1 million dollar contract last year. He was just caught with weed however wasnít cited for it. If the broncos could get him on a super cheap one year deal with no guarantees what do you think? Iím not sold on Royce Freeman and I think having a 1-2 punch with Lindsay would be amazing.

A great running back prospect who went under the radar at Toledo, but he is clearly a fool. You can find running backs everywhere, and the compliment to Lindsay can be found in free agency, or later in the draft. No need to add Hunt, although I would love his talent here.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosohio87 View Post
    He accounted for a 1 year 1 million dollar contract last year. He was just caught with weed however wasnít cited for it. If the broncos could get him on a super cheap one year deal with no guarantees what do you think? Iím not sold on Royce Freeman and I think having a 1-2 punch with Lindsay would be amazing.
    Huge talent and itíd be awesome to pair him with Henry Ruggs III or KJ Hamler if we were to get one of them but would adding Hunt be worth the ridicule?

I know everyone deserves a second chance and people have to be forgiven sooner or later but Iím not so sure that this is the kind of attention that the Denver Broncos need right now!

However with Drew Lock, Cortland Sutton, and Noah Fant it would be a huge pick your poison type head ache for defensive coordinatorís and Iím sure heíd like to stick it to the Kansas City Chiefs twice a year.

He accounted for a 1 year 1 million dollar contract last year. He was just caught with weed however wasn’t cited for it. If the broncos could get him on a super cheap one year deal with no guarantees what do you think? I’m not sold on Royce Freeman and I think having a 1-2 punch with Lindsay would be amazing.
    Too many off the field questions. If he's already in the NFL drug program (stage 1 isn't announced and doesn't lead to a suspension) then being pulled over today with drugs will result in a suspension, even though he wasn't charged by the police. And if he wasn't in the program before, being pulled over with pot will put him in the program which means he can be tested at any time.

There's one other thing that bothers me about him: look at the players the Chefs have employed and continue to employ, and they drew a line in the sand with Hunt. To me that means that what they know about is much worse than what we know about, because they don't draw a line in the sand with any of their players.

I love the direction the Broncos went in the last 2 drafts, going for high character guys who were team captains and leaders. This would be a step in a very different direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Too many off the field questions. If he's already in the NFL drug program (stage 1 isn't announced and doesn't lead to a suspension) then being pulled over today with drugs will result in a suspension, even though he wasn't charged by the police. And if he wasn't in the program before, being pulled over with pot will put him in the program which means he can be tested at any time.

There's one other thing that bothers me about him: look at the players the Chefs have employed and continue to employ, and they drew a line in the sand with Hunt. To me that means that what they know about is much worse than what we know about, because they don't draw a line in the sand with any of their players.
    I could be totally wrong. But I think the reason they drew a line in the sand with Kareem Hunt was because of the past player who beat his girlfriend and later killed Himself in the parking lot in front of Andy Reid. I remember hearing mentions on espn that KC owners said it hit to close to home seeing the video of Kareem kicking that woman. I agree there is a chance he will be suspended for the weed. Itís looking like he wasnít in stage 1 yet and now he would be. So thatís 2 game suspension if they decide to move forward. I feel like that helps our chances of getting him at 1-1.5 million for one year. That would be a great talent to add to this offense.

Itís crazy but I just saw this on IG right before I saw your post.

Iím not attempting to be funny here because domestic violence is nothing to joke about but anyway Kc has decided to keep some questionable characters around over Hunt.

Aside from the drug use, one could only wonder what else made Kareem such an undesirable character in kc.

Has everyone forgot about the video ?

I think if Mr Risner were to come with in 2 feet of Hunt, well, use your imagination. We do not need character of that nature on this team, regardless of talent.
    Last edited by skeeter01; 01-25-2020 at 05:58 AM.

I could be totally wrong. But I think the reason they drew a line in the sand with Kareem Hunt was because of the past player who beat his girlfriend and later killed Himself in the parking lot in front of Andy Reid. I remember hearing mentions on espn that KC owners said it hit to close to home seeing the video of Kareem kicking that woman. I agree there is a chance he will be suspended for the weed. It’s looking like he wasn’t in stage 1 yet and now he would be. So that’s 2 game suspension if they decide to move forward. I feel like that helps our chances of getting him at 1-1.5 million for one year. That would be a great talent to add to this offense.
    Jovan Belcher was that player. And they may say that was why they drew the line in the sand, yet they drafted Tyreek Hill (domestic violence allegations in college) and continued to stand by him with the allegations of last offseason. So the Chefs aren't really worried about morals, yet in Hunt's case they released him. Something is off there.

Kareem Hunt also isn't a UFA, he's a restricted free agent (If Cleveland bothers to tender him) but I don't see him as being worth the hassle, lots of RBs out there, almost all without his baggage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    It’s crazy but I just saw this on IG right before I saw your post.

I’m not attempting to be funny here because domestic violence is nothing to joke about but anyway Kc has decided to keep some questionable characters around over Hunt.

Aside from the drug use, one could only wonder what else made Kareem such an undesirable character in kc.

Bingo! They're hardly the team that's going to take the moral high ground, but they did in the case of Kareem Hunt, so what do they know?

In today's NFL players who make bad decisions get suspended and miss time.

Yea Hunt is more talented than Freeman but I would go another direction if looking to upgrade from Freeman. Would also rather have Freeman than a more talented back who may made bad decisions and miss games.
    A good plan put into motion today is better than the ideal plan that is always coming sometime in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Itís crazy but I just saw this on IG right before I saw your post.

Iím not attempting to be funny here because domestic violence is nothing to joke about but anyway Kc has decided to keep some questionable characters around over Hunt.

I have seen a lot of critics over the years on the NFL hard stance to players off the field "issues". I am glad players are being held to a higher code of conduct standard. I think every NFL employee should be held to that standard even owners.

It still pains me how many of the players...even Bronco players...we pretty much allowed to do whatever in previous eras of the NFL.
    A good plan put into motion today is better than the ideal plan that is always coming sometime in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I have seen a lot of critics over the years on the NFL hard stance to players off the field "issues". I am glad players are being held to a higher code of conduct standard. I think every NFL employee should be held to that standard even owners.

It still pains me how many of the players...even Bronco players...we pretty much allowed to do whatever in previous eras of the NFL.
    NFL owners not named Robert Kraft are. If you want to dig a little deeper, youíll find that guys such as Mark Cuban, Vince McMahon, and Donald Trump have been excluded from owning NFL teams.

In the modern NFL guys like Jerry Jones, Dan Synder or even Al Davis would had been discluded
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 01-26-2020 at 12:03 AM.

Bingo! They're hardly the team that's going to take the moral high ground, but they did in the case of Kareem Hunt, so what do they know?
    Maybe they know more but I would doubt it being other off field stuff (aside from drugs but thatís the majority of the NFL). I think the difference is the video, with Hill they can play the he say she say game and point to him not being charged, they couldnít do that with Hunt and while he was a great RB for them they proved they donít need a great RB in that scheme.

All off field stuff put aside I would sign K. Hunt as soon as possible he is a Game Changer.